JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
OTOH, some very popular guns (M&P Shield, Sig P365, M&P Bodyguard, Glocks) have not increased in price, or are sometimes even on sale.
Compared to what?

Just prior to the panic, probably summer '19, I saw a few Sig P365XL for well under $600. Not talking $595 either. Glock 19 sold for under $500 new.

Look: https://www.wikiarms.com/group/glock19

Least expensive that's in stock, $629

Gun prices are definitely up around here. Some places are worse than others but most are at or over msrp. I did recently nab a p365 tac pac at sportco for $540 which i thought was a good deal

If people think the opportunity to buy firearms is going to be heavily restricted, you would think they would be clamoring for them.
Just a guess but I suspect a lot of the 'new' gun owners already bought the 'one and only' gun they think they will need. They probably ain't ever going to shoot it anyway.

A lot of long term gun owners may already have all they want and don't feel the 'need' for anything else. There are a few others I would like but they are not priorities and I am not feverishly looking for them.

SB 941 really killed the desire to buy (and sell, trade etc) for me. It effectively ended any ability for 'traditional' trading, 'wheeling & dealing' etc.

My whole 'gun life' has revolved around buying, selling, trading FTF and rarely buying anything new.

Guns have always been a hobby/sport/collectable undertaking for me and therefore I never had the desire (or need) to run out and buy the 'latest and greatist'.

Last Edited:
Compared to what?

Just prior to the panic, probably summer '19, I saw a few Sig P365XL for well under $600. Not talking $595 either. Glock 19 sold for under $500 new.

Look: https://www.wikiarms.com/group/glock19

Least expensive that's in stock, $629

Just taking these prices off NW Armory's web site:
  • Sig P365 with three 12-round mags for $550
  • S&W Bodyguard for $315
I looked at G36s and G43s at Keith's and both were well under $500.

If its a quality firearm and well maintained..a firearm can be made to last a few years.:D
Case in point :
Below is my J.Henry flintlock trade rifle , circa 1800- 1820's.
It still goes shooting and hunting with me at times...and works well at too.
I have a elk hide jacket , that came from the last elk I got , using this rifle.
View attachment 848471

And as stated by posts above...Ammo is more of a temporary nature and more consumable.

I would argue that firearm prices , in many , if not most cases have risen....Just look at our classifieds :eek: :D
In any event the stores in my area have higher prices on firearms...when they have them in stock.
Andy
That is one beautiful rifle! Thanks for posting.

The rifles I buy, bolt action, blued in wood stocks are still fairly reasonable. At least around here. One of the guys was telling me back in January that they just don't move. Everyone wants ARs and such, or if they do buy a bolt gun they WANT the plastic stock. I still have a few calibers I would like to have, and when I see them I will buy. As for ammo, I don't have any oddball/niche calibers, just the classics, and I reload for them all.

Ammo is easier to store, transport and flip for those that engage in such things.
It is a low investment cost without a BGC that can be privately sold to others for a mark up.
Firearms have to be purchased for a low enough price that the mark-up on a used or even new in box item is tangible enough for a would-be buyer. Not to mention the time it takes to meet up and transfer.. also the wait time and statistic probability of having to meet up a second time.

The hyper inflation is set to come when gun ban talk really starts. As of now many places are running out of lowers, uppers, BGC, pistol braces. Not all, but many. Luckily lots of those places have stock coming back in.

Im truly baffled that people arent doing this with magazines as those WILL be attacked via a national bill or state ones.. it just makes sense to have extra on hand. The market on those are still great.. buy now.

The laughable thing with ammo is, IT WILL COME BACK. Even if a lead ban takes place or an ammo BGC if forced into law, the firearms market will quickly and I mean quickly figure out a solution. It is truly idiotic to panic buy ammo. Mild steel core, maybe.. but short of that, it'll all be available again.

Im truly baffled that people arent doing this with magazines as those WILL be attacked via a national bill or state ones.. it just makes sense to have extra on hand. The market on those are still great.. buy now.
Speak for yourself...
IMG_20210215_154853860.jpg

At the price people are selling their used glocks for on here you'd think that they are as scarce as ammo. You used to find a used glock for 400-450 on here all the time. Now they ask 600+. But I can go to bimart n get a new gen 5 for 540 and a p80 for 440.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top