Why gun lovers still fear President Obama

Discussion in 'Legal & Political Archive' started by Sun195, Jul 19, 2012.

1. fd15k

fd15k
    Tigard,OR
    Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

But but... it's the Constitutional requirement for such process of ratification, and we know that POTUS will circumvent the Constitution! :D :D :D

2. contrarian

contrarian
    WA state

Fixed it for you.

3. One-Eyed Ross

One-Eyed Ross
    Winlock, WA

Gads, that pesky old Constitution...:laugh: Don't you hate it when people don't know what it says and get all kinds of confused.

4. MikeSettles

MikeSettles
    Castle Rock

I stand corrected regarding the way in which a treaty becomes law. Mea Culpa.

http://www.sweetliberty.org/issues/staterights/treaties.htm
    (note that these folks claim a disinformation campaign by the one-worlders to convince everyone that "treaties supercede the constitution". I think that I fell for it too.)

And then, about the Senate and Ratification: http://www.senate.gov/artandhistory/...g/Treaties.htm
    "The Senate does not ratify treaties—the Senate approves or rejects a resolution of ratification. If the resolution passes, then ratification takes place when the instruments of ratification are formally exchanged between the United States and the foreign power(s).
    Most treaties submitted to the Senate have received its advice and consent to ratification. During its first 200 years, the Senate approved more than 1,500 treaties and rejected only 21. A number of these, including the Treaty of Versailles, were rejected twice. Most often, the Senate has simply not voted on treaties that its leadership deemed not to have sufficient support within the Senate for approval, and in general these treaties have eventually been withdrawn. At least 85 treaties were eventually withdrawn because the Senate never took final action on them. Treaties may also remain in the Senate Foreign Relations Committee for extended periods, since treaties are not required to be resubmitted at the beginning of each new Congress. There have been instances in which treaties have lain dormant within the committee for years, even decades, without action being taken."

I also feel more confident that We the People might survive this attempt at "back-door gun control" by the O-Admin.

5. deen_ad

deen_ad
    Vancouver, WA

Actually it's any two long guns in a five or six day time, so yes, it can be circumvented.

And all it takes is the stroke of a pen to change it to every long gun sold. If the Supremes uphold that then what's next? Put it in effect over the whole US, then another stroke of the pen and pistols are added.

6. fd15k

fd15k
    Tigard,OR

White House press secretary Jay Carney on Sunday said President Obama was committed to preventing gun crimes by relying on “existing law,” two days after a mass shooting in Colorado sparked renewed debate about gun control.

White House: Obama focused on fighting gun crime with

7. Kevatc

Kevatc
    Oregon

This ought get interesting with all the conspiracy theories and "ya but's" despite the words right from the horses mouth.

8. fd15k

fd15k
    Tigard,OR

Yes, but somebody who has many names such as "Obongo", "Obummer", "guy from Kenya", "Nobama" can't be trusted for sure :D :D :D

For the laughs, here is the list :

The Pretty Darn Exhaustive Obama Nickname List | Brain Shavings

9. BSG 75

BSG 75
    Oregon
    Platinum Supporter Platinum Supporter

Nope, it's 5 consecutive business days. That's why I specifically said "6 business days later".

There's no end to things you could speculate might happen, but that's all it is, paranoia speculation. I hope you will concede that your statement

was not accurate. :)

10. DMax

DMax
    Yamhill

11. Stomper

Stomper
    Shut Your Face!!
    Gold Supporter Gold Supporter

Kev, I think you mean the OTHER END of the horse, right? ;)

12. Grunwald

Grunwald
    Out of that nut job colony of Seattle, WA

Words from the horse's mouth don't mean much when that horse has already been caught lying before.

13. dmancornell

dmancornell
    Portland, OR

LOL @ taking a politician's word as is. Take your 8th grade civics indoctrination elsewhere.

iusmc2002 and (deleted member) like this.
  14. Kevatc

Kevatc
    Oregon

:laugh: That certainly didn't take long.

fd15k and (deleted member) like this.
  15. Misterbill

Misterbill
    Yakima County, Washington

The paranoia over Obama and guns is just hilarious. If he win in November, I will be selling every AR I own at a VERY hefty profit.

The notion that Obama, no matter WHAT he wanted to do, could "take everyone's guns" is ludicrous. It's the most fevered, paranoid nonsense I've ever heard. Similar to the nonsense over the UN Small Arms treaty, which specifically exempts legal citizen-owned guns AT THE BEHEST OF HILLARY CLINTON.

But that's ok, you guys keep being scared. And please buy my ARs for 70% over what I paid for them. I will buy more in a few months when the panic dies down. At this point I'm buying ARs and AKs in volume at discout prices only to sell them a few months later to paranoid, delusional right-wingers.

16. dmancornell

dmancornell
    Portland, OR

Here, read this if you can: The Price of Gun Control?By Dan Baum (Harper's Magazine)

Lefties have already acknowledged that gun control cost them a lot of votes in the 90's. Them not openly going after the issue at this time (ignoring Gunrunner for now) has no bearing on the fact that the leftist movement revolves around the state, and the state cannot tolerate 2A as it was originally written.

By definition a leftist cannot support the original intent of 2A, they can only support the watered-down version which essentially says "hunting and self-defense against muggers is legal in the US". Might as well flush that down the toilet along with due process.

So all you leftist gun-owners can piss off, we don't want your help and we don't need it.

17. Akathepriest

Akathepriest
    Astoria, OR

Leftist gun owners are for the second amendment dummy.

Kevatc and (deleted member) like this.
  18. fd15k

fd15k
    Tigard,OR

:laugh:

19. dmancornell

dmancornell
    Portland, OR

Oh really? So contemporary leftist gun owners support the use of armed force to overthrow a tyrannical regime, even as they support the use of state violence by the very same regime to impose economic collectivism.

I'm amazed their heads haven't exploded from massive cognitive dissonance.

20. Akathepriest

Akathepriest
    Astoria, OR

Just because somebody calls themselves a Lefty or a Democrat doesn't mean everything that the party stands for, applies to their own views. Look at Mitt Romney, he supports gun control and basically wrote Obamacare for him.