JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
took me less than a minute and I dont even use google. Was luck though, your right... lots of other options but that was the only one I saw level 3 with a light. Odd for such a popular duty pistol with a rail.
Yeah it's weird. Never had that hard of a time finding a duty rig for a common pistol. Thanks againb

took me less than a minute and I dont even use google. Was luck though, your right... lots of other options but that was the only one I saw level 3 with a light. Odd for such a popular duty pistol with a rail.
Outside of the military and it's cult following it really not that popular of a duty pistol anymore, most everyone has move to striker-fired, polymer guns.

Outside of the military and it's cult following it really not that popular of a duty pistol anymore, most everyone has move to striker-fired, polymer guns.
I know what you are saying but for how many people have posted online about not being able to find a holster, for a gun that I'd say is pretty commonly owned, was pretty surprising.

true, shoulda said what "was" such a popular duty gun.
The ol 92 was the first self defense pistol I ever bought, 30yrs ago. While it never malfunctioned I never could get over the DA....

I know what you are saying but for how many people have posted online about not being able to find a holster, for a gun that I'd say is pretty commonly owned, was pretty surprising.
oh there was no lack of quality holsters for the 92s just not specifically the exact combinations of features you wanted. IIRC by the time Beretta started putting rails on them the polymers were already there.

oh there was no lack of quality holsters for the 92s just not specifically the exact combinations of features you wanted. IIRC by the time Beretta started putting rails on them the polymers were already there.
Yeah there was a ton for the 92 but the squared off trigger guard / larger frame of the a1/a3 caused issues in those holsters and a lot of ppl just shaved them down or whatever but I just figured somebody would have made more specific holsters for them. I'm glad you guys told me about these 2 tho that I didn't know about

Yeah there was a ton for the 92 but the squared off trigger guard / larger frame of the a1/a3 caused issues in those holsters and a lot of ppl just shaved them down or whatever but I just figured somebody would have made more specific holsters for them. I'm glad you guys told me about these 2 tho that I didn't know about
Another thing to keep in mind about SF holster is that can be "adjust" slightly with a heat gun. It is a little nerve racking worrying about melting a $250 holster but just go slow.

After carrying one in the Marines I don't wanna carry one again…..

But that's just me.

despite my bias I can actually put up a good argument for a DA semi but could never for a DAO semi. Friends dont let friends buy DAO... :p
I had a S&W 3946 back in the mid 90's and the action was actually quite nice, not as good as a S&W revolver, but nut as bad as one might think. Unfortunately it was a 4th Gen S&W so it came with the atrocious plastic grips that were slick in the summer (I lived in AZ) and yet somehow worse in the cold. Hogue made some grips that were a slight improvement but still bad.

I had a S&W 3946 back in the mid 90's and the action was actually quite nice, not as good as a S&W revolver, but nut as bad as one might think. Unfortunately it was a 4th Gen S&W so it came with the atrocious plastic grips that were slick in the summer (I lived in AZ) and yet somehow worse in the cold. Hogue made some grips that were a slight improvement but still bad.
no doubt there are some higher quality DAO actions that would handle ....nicer. But IMO there is just no need for DAO. The idea is for safety reasons, but that becomes moot once the gun is actually needed. At least a DA deactivates the "O"(nly) after the first shot. Too bad the first shot is typically the most important.
I did ok with mine, was brand spankin new to guns then so I didnt know better. The military had adopted it and it held 15 instead of 8 so it was cool. Berettas are sexy lookin pistols too.

no doubt there are some higher quality DAO actions that would handle ....nicer. But IMO there is just no need for DAO. The idea is for safety reasons, but that becomes moot once the gun is actually needed. At least a DA deactivates the "O"(nly) after the first shot. Too bad the first shot is typically the most important.
I did ok with mine, was brand spankin new to guns then so I didnt know better. The military had adopted it and it held 15 instead of 8 so it was cool. Berettas are sexy lookin pistols too.
Agreed, they are lawyers guns, through and through.

How come?
Well I saw a decent amount of cracked locking blocks… granted they were old and abused. I'm sure the modern ones are much better.

They are heavy.

And I don't like DA for a fighting pistol.

They are accurate though and do feel good in the hand.

Four digits denote 3rd gen...

59 = 1st gen
659 = 2nd gen
5906 = 3rd gen

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany