JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I made a promise to myself never to bad mouth another persons choice in guns. I broke it once, but have been good since.

A lot of people bad mouth my Tanfoglios, but I have had nothing but pleasure with them - 5 total and one is a EAA Witness Steel Compact.

As far as 1911's, I have a AMT Hardballer that runs like a top. Who would have thought?

I don't understand the need , desire , or whatever...for trash talking a firearm or a person's choice of firearms.
I don't like Glock pistols....for many reasons.
However...all of those reasons only really matter and are only important to.....me.
So at the end of the day...who cares...?

If someone likes KImber Pistols...then good for them...then same if someone doesn't like 'em.
Andy
How dare you talk bad about glock perfection Andy!! 😉 from all your post I though for sure you where a glock man all the way

Generally speaking from my own experiences, there are a good many firearms out there that are of high quality and shoot well. Some are much more expensive than others. Kimber falls into the expensive category. Then there are the shooters themselves. Some are highly skilled at the craft, others not so much. I have seen instances where sub-par to average marksmen spend a kings ransom on expensive well crafted firearms, only to find that just owning a well built, expensive firearm does not make up for their lack of skill. But they sure have some nice firearms. On a personal note, I can't justify spending $1500 to $2000 on any 1911, whatever the reason. I enjoy shooting the ones I have, but I'm by no means a competitive shooter. The sweetest 1911 I own I received from my late Brothers estate, and it's a Colt Gold Cup. For obvious reasons, that is of more value to me than any Kimber on the planet. I'm not bashing Kimber or those who own them. To each their own.

Discuss...
I'm suspicious anymore of low post count, non supporting members, who come in asking silly redundant questions, not doing their due diligence prior, then dropping off the planet. Seems like we might learn not to take too seriously, what seems like a child from the left playing in the forbidden field. Assault Rifle from San Francisco? Hmmm

Discuss...

Last Edited:
I'm suspicious anymore of low post count, non supporting members, who come in asking silly redundant questions, not doing their due diligence prior, then dropping off the planet. Seems like we might learn not to take too seriously what seems like a child from the left playing in the forbidden field. Assault Rifle from San Francisco? Hmmm

Discuss...
172csp.jpg

Why do Kimber 1911s have such a bad reputation?
Discuss...
Did you come across a random internet website page from 2004, perhaps?

The company went through a span of two or three years where it experimented with an external extractor on its 1911s that suffered occasional issues; around the same time, the factory quality control suffered a bit and a slightly higher than average number of lemons left Yonkers. At the time, Kimber's customer service department, apparently largely understaffed and untrained, pooped the bed.

Then there was the boom in internet gun forums and Kimber-bashing became de rigueur. Colt's QC was little better and it was under bad management during that period and Springfield Armory was the reigning internet darling production1911 (we didn't have any other options at the time).

Any hint of a "bad reputation" that remains is pretty much a bunch of sourpusses that believe everything they read on the internet and just can't move on.

I've owned seven excellent Kimbers, never had an issue with any (can't say that about my beloved Colts, my normally worthy Springfields or, alas, my otherwise favorite Dan Wesson).

Can we please just all move on and remember that the primary function of internet gun forums is for our own bias confirmation?

I eagerly await the OP's next question, in which he asks, "Why do Taurus handguns have such a bad reputation?"

Geez, I can't believe I actually spent time typing out this response to someone who calls themself "Assault Rifle," just joined the forum today... and claims San Francisco as his location. I must be bored.

Last Edited:
My feeling is the bad reputation comes from people who don't have one in their safe, likely never shot one, to validate that what they have in their safe, what they chose, is the best. Sort of like buying a Ford truck, and then saying that Chevy sucks to justify your decision as being well founded.
I have two that from day one have ran like sewing machines, on multiple brands of ammo without a hiccup.

JP9
^^^ Yes

Ditto on the sewing machine stuff. I have a Kimber Tac Pro II in 9mm I bought in '07. Low round count for sure (< 1K), but I put it through a defensive pistol class at OR Firearms Academy (before they left us) and other outings as well without a hiccup. It runs very well. Have Colt, Springfield and Ruger 1911's as well. Won't bash any brand. Like them all.

I'm suspicious anymore of low post count, non supporting members, who come in asking silly redundant questions, not doing their due diligence prior, then dropping off the planet. Seems like we might learn not to take too seriously what seems like a child from the left playing in the forbidden field. Assault Rifle from San Francisco? Hmmm

Discuss...
Why the hate on the new members?

Why do Kimber 1911s have such a bad reputation?

Did you come across a random internet website page from 2004, perhaps?

The company went through a span of two or three years where it experimented with an external extractor on its 1911s that suffered occasional issues; around the same time, the factory quality control suffered a bit and a slightly higher than average number of lemons left Yonkers. At the time, Kimber's customer service department, apparently largely understaffed and untrained, pooped the bed.

Then there was the boom in internet gun forums and Kimber-bashing became de rigueur. Colt's QC was little better and it was under bad management during that period and Springfield Armory was the reigning internet darling production1911 (we didn't have any other options at the time).

Any hint of a "bad reputation" that remains is pretty much a bunch of sourpusses that believe everything they read on the internet and just can't move on.

I've owned seven excellent Kimbers, never had an issue with any (can't say that about my beloved Colts, my normally worthy Springfields or, alas, my otherwise favorite Dan Wesson).

Can we please just all move on and remember that the primary function of internet gun forums is for our own bias confirmation?

I eagerly await the OP's next question, in which he asks, "Why do Taurus handguns have such a bad reputation?"

Geez, I can't believe I actually spent time typing out this response to someone who calls themself "Assault Rifle," just joined the forum today... and claims San Francisco as his location. I must be bored.
super-troopers-desperation-is-a-stinky-cologne-v0-lbkqjwrn4x8a1.jpg

You want a hot take? When you consider every factor that counts Hi-Points are good guns, full stop. Sure when you start discounting considerations, like price, they pale in comparison to other firearms, but when those considerations are paramount Hi-Points can be a #1 choice.

Why do I say this? Because there are lots of different dimensions to firearms, and those different factors are more or less important to different people. Hell, even lemons can be desirable to someone who likes to tinker and is trying to get an example of a make for a rock bottom price. You have no idea what someone is looking for, and as long as they are going into a purchase knowing what all those factors are for a particular make and model, I have a tendency to trust their judgement on what works for them. Now if they don't know, for example, that a certain manufacturer is not considered reliable, then they should be made aware of that fact before they buy. But if they know and are still OK with the purchase more power to them.

So long as you know well enough what you are getting into buy what you want or what you need. Nothing else needs to be said about it.

Wow! I wish I knew about this bad reputation thing before we accumulated the collection we have. They're all accurate, function flawlessly, gobble anything we feed 'em and are funner that sheet to shoot. and....they're nice to look at too! Hubby burned 90 rounds through the Eclipse today. Now....more popcorn please!

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top