JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
In reality, all the racist, liberal world was profiling Zimmerman because he was white. Now that the facts are coming to the surface and the truth is being exposed, these same people are realizing it is they who are the real racists, not Zimmerman.

The only thing "white" about Zimmerman is is name... unless my LASIK enhanced eyes are crossed (doubtful with 20/15 vision) he looks WAY hispanic to me. I should know a hispanic when I see one, I was married to one and "dated" another years after that. ;)

Zimmerman - It's neighborhood "watch" not neighborhood "confront." Martin - Respond and act like a thug and get treated like a thug.

exactly how i feel from reading all the discussion. A bad situation.

i actually just came looking for PF9 chatter. Just picked one up from NW Armory they were on sale 239.99. i didn't even know this was the weapon used for this incident.

exactly how i feel from reading all the discussion. A bad situation.

i actually just came looking for PF9 chatter. Just picked one up from NW Armory they were on sale 239.99. i didn't even know this was the weapon used for this incident.

You better sell it then, lest you be thought of as a racist. What do you even need a gun for? Just watch. If you see something, say something. Be ready to run though if what you see turns and runs after you.

Cops usually show up after the crime has been committed. I don't lean on 911 working, I don't trust my life to chance on if a cop is close enough, if the call is taken seriously and what the cops mood that day is.

I don't worship at the feet of the cop and his authority, he is a imperfect human who is probably less educated than I am and has less time behind a gun in a bad part of the world the I do. I'll stick to protecting what's mine and let the cops wet dry vacuum up trayvon when I'm done with him. They can bring me a donut and do the paper work, stick to what they do best.

We will see what he has to say on his TV interview tonight. We'll see if what he says is true based on his account and significant injuries from his ordeal before the shooting.

Well, he did say he was sorry that Martin was dead. But then he made some stupid statement that the reason things turned out as they did was simply "God's plan". He still hasn't taken responsibility for his own decision-making that night and probably never will. And the jury he faces isn't likely to accept the legal defense theory of "God made me do it". He'd be better off just admitting he got himself into a corner with an angry young kid who he thought was going to beat him to death and made the conscious, rational decision that he had no alternative but to shoot him. I can't believe his attorney let him go on television in the first place. It also speaks worlds to the fact that Zimmerman is more than a tad narcissistic, something that would explain why he felt a need to take care of things himself instead of waiting for police to show up. It's like he simply has to be his own water carrier, even if spilling it lands him in prison forever. Again, I'm not defending Martin, but in a world of 100 watt bulbs, Zimmerman's starting to look like a battery operated electric tea light candle.

It also speaks worlds to the fact that Zimmerman is more than a tad narcissistic, something that would explain why he felt a need to take care of things himself instead of waiting for police to show up.

Thank You Dr Phil

I guess all CHL's are like Zimmerman NOW

Defending your postion in a media con job is not being narcissistic if you want to know the Definition of Narcissistic watch and listen to your current president.

I'll stick to protecting what's mine and let the cops wet dry vacuum up trayvon when I'm done with him.

This comment is creepy. How you can say that about a dead 17yo kid you've never met is a bit disturbing.

Defending your postion in a media con job is not being narcissistic if you want to know the Definition of Narcissistic watch and listen to your current president.

He never said all CHL's are like Zimmerman..... and btw, all politicians are narcissistic by nature, not just liberal ones if that was your implication.

I would side with Zimmerman if he had been walking home when he was attacked by Martin, or if he had been on duty for neighborhood watch. The problem is he sought out the situation himself, something he admits. It is unlikely he would have done so if he had not been armed, because lets face the facts, having a gun on you makes you more confident when confronting danger. Had he listened to police dispatch, stayed in his car, and circled the neighborhood a few times to keep an eye out until police arrived he would have been fine. He chose to confront Martin, which led to the shooting and the death of an unarmed civilian, criminal or not does not matter. Martin's actions aside, Zimmerman acted irresponsibly and someone ended up dead. Prevention of violent encounters should also take precedent before the use of violence when talking about self defense.

In women's self defense classes, the first thing most instructors will say is to make sure you don't put yourself in a vulnerable position in the first place, ie dark alleys, poorly lit park lots, etc. It seems to me that some CWL advocates on this forum would tell these women to get a gun in their purse, go anywhere they want, and just prepare to shoot the first shadowy character that approaches them. It is a backwards mentality. Self defense is a last resort, preventing/avoiding violence should be first priority.

...Today, his life is ruinned over it. ....

I disagree with that part. The odds of him being convicted is very low. He will be able to sell his story to Hollywood, write a book, etc. His life is far from ruined. He will eventually be a hated/loved celebrity with a very thick wallet.

Thank You Dr Phil

Dr. Phil? Dr. Phil would have the Zimmermans and Martins on TV telling them to hug each other. And where the hell does Obama come into the equation? Last I heard he wasn't chasing someone through the White House with a gun when he had the Secret Service there to take care of things like intruders. And, strictly speaking, he's your President just as much as he is mine. That's kind of how that thing called the Constitution works in between elections. I'm a retired USAF Chief Master Sergeant and one of the things I learned in my 21 years of serving my country was to start to watch out for Americans who use words like "your President". In my job in military intelligence from 1972-1993, I served Presidents Nixon, Ford, Carter, Reagan, and Clinton. They were all "my President" and "my Commander in Chief." The moment you start thinking you can pick and choose at any given moment who has the right to be in those jobs, you're way off the planet in terms of what the Founders expected of all of us.

As to the narcissism issue, let's look at that, why don't we? How many times has Zimmerman screwed himself because he didn't have the common sense to ask for and accept advice? He ignored every rule of any self-defense class I've ever taken by voluntarily inserting himself into a situation where he was armed and literally and figuratively in the dark, i.e. he knew essentially nothing except he saw someone he didn't know who might or not be a bad guy, might or might not be up to no good, and might or might not be armed himself. Then he ignored the police dispatcher's instructions not to follow him, although to give him the benefit of the doubt he said he did that and went in another direction, only to run into Martin anyway, something that sounds amazingly convenient, given his circumstances now. What else is there in the realm of relying on his own wits instead of seeking legal and other good advice? Hmmm. He lied to the judge about his finances. He thought some stupid code between him and his wife, used while he and she both knew very well that their communications were being monitored by the police, would fool people who listen to people trying to fool them all the time as part of their everyday jobs. He didn't tell his new attorney about the money he collected on the internet until after he (and his wife) had lied under oath, perjuring themselves to the judge about it, at a time well too late for his attorney to do anything else but turn him in. And now he goes on TV and, when offered the opportunity to say something very simple about whether or not there was anything at all he would have done differently that night, instead of saying something that really means nothing but at least shows he has some measure of introspection and the ability to reflect on how bad the situation he ended up in is, like "I wish there would have been some other solution than me having to shoot him," he says something incredibly stupid like, "It's all God's plan." He went on to say that because it was God's plan, it really wouldn't serve anything for him to reflect on how it could have gone differently, but no one is going to remember that. They're going to remember that, basically, he just thinks God put him in the wrong place at the wrong time.

As for me, I don't think you'd call me Dr. Phil if you knew me. It's oh so easy to trash someone with slurs without being able to back it up. There's a word for people who do that, too, but I think most people can figure the term out for themselves, so I won't use it. I conceal carry my Kahr CM-9 everywhere I go, except when I'm on my job where they have a no-firearms-in-the-workplace policy. I have a loaded and ready-to-use weapon safely stored but readily available at all times on both floors of my home. I keep my mean little Sig C3 1911 downstairs and my Caracal Compact 9mm upstairs. My wife carries a beautifully engraved but sufficiently deadly Smith and Wesson 442 .38 special +P airweight revolver everywhere she goes. My daughter, who just went through a nasty divorce and has a meth-using ex-husband, carries her Sig P238 with her wherever she goes. And I have a new Ruger GP100 4" .357 Magnum I'm picking up next week for when we move out to our new house out in the country in August. It's mainly for killing invading beasties who want to eat my chickens, but it'll do for pretty much anything else as well.

Believe me, I wouldn't for a single second hesitate to use any of those or suggest that my wife and daughter hesitate using them in a self-defense situation where deadly force is the option called for. But if I or they followed some guy out in the dark with those weapons on us when I knew all I or they had to do was call the police and wait a few minutes for them to come check on someone out who hadn't made any obvious threats toward me or anyone else, and then had to use it to kill someone, I'd shut up and hope and pray that my attorney was smart enough to get whichever one of us was involved out of a world of bubblegum. To quote Mr. Gump, "Stupid is as stupid does."

Mr. Zimmerman will probably walk away from this. I doubt they can convict him on the evidence available at this point. But his life won't ever, ever be the same. And the fact that Mr. Martin's life won't be anything at all is something that'll never truly be understood by anyone but Mr. Zimmerman. The rest of us, pardon the expression, will be the ones that stay in the dark on the subject.

I can't believe Zimmerman's attorney let him do an interview. There were some gafs in there that made me cringe. That said, I usually don't pass on chain emails I get. I can't vouch for the authenticity of this photo and I don't like to judge people on appearances but if this is Trayvon Martin then I have a hard time believing he was the angel his parents and the media are making him out to be.

TM2.jpg

Wow Kevatc, you are either really gullible or just inherently racist in being unable to tell one black person from another. Trayvon was 17, that guy in the photo is easily in his thirties. Also, nothing about that pic says trouble, unless you are implying color of skin and tattoos imply a violent nature. I really hope you were joking when you posted this. Seriously man, check your facts before you embarrass yourself.

Here is what Trayvon looked like:

<broken link removed>

zimmerman, guilty or not guilty, I cannot understand why in the world he was allowed by his attorneys, to be interviewed. BIG mistake. the procecution can and will use anything he said in that interview as a way to try and twist the trial to there advantage.

Dr. Phil? Dr. Phil would have the Zimmermans and Martins on TV telling them to hug each other.

Referring to you as "Dr. Phil" is an emphatic figure of speech that amplifies his disagreement with your psyche eval of Zimmerman. Its analogous (although a different subject) to calling someone "Einstein" when they say or do something stupid.

And where the hell does Obama come into the equation?

Easy... NARCISSISM (he uses the pronoun, "I" in his speeches more than ANYONE I have ever heard. You're a vet, there is no "I" in team.

Last I heard he wasn't chasing someone through the White House with a gun when he had the Secret Service there to take care of things like intruders.

Doesn't mean he couldn't/shouldn't. If I were POTUS, I'd be CCW (not to mention we'd run out of missles... LOL)

And, strictly speaking, he's your President just as much as he is mine. That's kind of how that thing called the Constitution works in between elections. I'm a retired USAF Chief Master Sergeant and one of the things I learned in my 21 years of serving my country was to start to watch out for Americans who use words like "your President".

I read/take that as an all inclusive possessive, like telling one of my (several) children, "go ask YOUR mother". Its not just THAT kid's mother, she's the mother of the other kids too. Auntie Janet would be proud of your "triggers" on phraseology. Did you get as uptight when all the lefties had those "NOT MY PRESIDENT" bumper stickers plastered all over their cars when W. Bush was POTUS? It's called FIRST AMEMNDMENT rights, THAT'S kind of how the Constituion works.

In my job in military intelligence from 1972-1993, I served Presidents Nixon, Ford, Carter, Reagan, and Clinton. They were all "my President" and "my Commander in Chief." The moment you start thinking you can pick and choose at any given moment who has the right to be in those jobs, you're way off the planet in terms of what the Founders expected of all of us.

Did you skip the H.W. Bush and W. Bush administrations? I served under Reagan, and H.W. Bush out in the field... at times gathering that intelligence at a steep personal cost, BFD. Everyone is entitled to their opinion on how the world (and our country/government) should work... smacks of politically correct thought control.

As to the narcissism issue, let's look at that, why don't we? How many times has Zimmerman screwed himself because he didn't have the common sense to ask for and accept advice? He ignored every rule of any self-defense class I've ever taken by voluntarily inserting himself into a situation where he was armed and literally and figuratively in the dark, i.e. he knew essentially nothing except he saw someone he didn't know who might or not be a bad guy, might or might not be up to no good, and might or might not be armed himself. Then he ignored the police dispatcher's instructions not to follow him, although to give him the benefit of the doubt he said he did that and went in another direction, only to run into Martin anyway, something that sounds amazingly convenient, given his circumstances now. What else is there in the realm of relying on his own wits instead of seeking legal and other good advice? Hmmm. He lied to the judge about his finances. He thought some stupid code between him and his wife, used while he and she both knew very well that their communications were being monitored by the police, would fool people who listen to people trying to fool them all the time as part of their everyday jobs. He didn't tell his new attorney about the money he collected on the internet until after he (and his wife) had lied under oath, perjuring themselves to the judge about it, at a time well too late for his attorney to do anything else but turn him in. And now he goes on TV and, when offered the opportunity to say something very simple about whether or not there was anything at all he would have done differently that night, instead of saying something that really means nothing but at least shows he has some measure of introspection and the ability to reflect on how bad the situation he ended up in is, like "I wish there would have been some other solution than me having to shoot him," he says something incredibly stupid like, "It's all God's plan." He went on to say that because it was God's plan, it really wouldn't serve anything for him to reflect on how it could have gone differently, but no one is going to remember that. They're going to remember that, basically, he just thinks God put him in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Hmmm... Although I'm no expert, that doesn't COMPLETELY speak of narcissism to me. Based on the 911 recordings, and the other things I've seen him do and say I'd equate it more to just being STUPID on the level of what I call a "Brick"... as in "dumb as".

As for me, I don't think you'd call me Dr. Phil if you knew me. It's oh so easy to trash someone with slurs without being able to back it up. There's a word for people who do that, too, but I think most people can figure the term out for themselves, so I won't use it. I conceal carry my Kahr CM-9 everywhere I go, except when I'm on my job where they have a no-firearms-in-the-workplace policy. I have a loaded and ready-to-use weapon safely stored but readily available at all times on both floors of my home. I keep my mean little Sig C3 1911 downstairs and my Caracal Compact 9mm upstairs. My wife carries a beautifully engraved but sufficiently deadly Smith and Wesson 442 .38 special +P airweight revolver everywhere she goes. My daughter, who just went through a nasty divorce and has a meth-using ex-husband, carries her Sig P238 with her wherever she goes. And I have a new Ruger GP100 4" .357 Magnum I'm picking up next week for when we move out to our new house out in the country in August. It's mainly for killing invading beasties who want to eat my chickens, but it'll do for pretty much anything else as well.

Believe me, I wouldn't for a single second hesitate to use any of those or suggest that my wife and daughter hesitate using them in a self-defense situation where deadly force is the option called for. But if I or they followed some guy out in the dark with those weapons on us when I knew all I or they had to do was call the police and wait a few minutes for them to come check on someone out who hadn't made any obvious threats toward me or anyone else, and then had to use it to kill someone, I'd shut up and hope and pray that my attorney was smart enough to get whichever one of us was involved out of a world of bubblegum. To quote Mr. Gump, "Stupid is as stupid does."

If I wanted to be obnoxious I could accuse YOU of being narcissistic with all that chest beating about your hardware and willingness to use said hardware in those TWO paragraphs.

Mr. Zimmerman will probably walk away from this. I doubt they can convict him on the evidence available at this point. But his life won't ever, ever be the same. And the fact that Mr. Martin's life won't be anything at all is something that'll never truly be understood by anyone but Mr. Zimmerman. The rest of us, pardon the expression, will be the ones that stay in the dark on the subject.

Don't be so melodramatic, its not too hard to figure out... you had a "brick" (Zimmerman) and an older kid (who had developing "social issues") cross paths during a "perfect storm" and deadly violence happened. Someone survived, someone didn't, nobody won. ;)

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top