JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
"Let's talk about the elephant in the room. I'm black, OK?" the woman said, declining to be identified because she anticipated backlash due to her race. She leaned in to look a reporter directly in the eyes. "There were black boys robbing houses in this neighborhood," she said. "That's why George was suspicious of Trayvon Martin."

That little tidbit sure is refreshing. Way to go, lady. :s0155:

Truly a day of madness is upon us where (whatever race you are) you cannot even speak the truth without being vilified

I'd welcome him to my neighborhood any day. Must be a huge disappointment for those who have convicted him from the beginning.

There's a bunch of folks on this board that should really be ashamed of themselves.

+1 .... + 1 million for Reuters looking beyond the superficial and putting some things into context. Unfortunately, we might be waiting a long darned time to get a similar look at Trayvon Martin.

Why is this information surprising to anyone?

I expected that Zimmerman would have some reason for carrying a gun. -As in, it was his RIGHT to do so. That's all anyone should need and indeed all any jury member will ever HEAR.

The issue is and will remain why Zimmerman shot an unarmed 17-y/o with no history whatever of any violence in response to what seems to me to be a basic misdemeanor assault that Zimmerman himself may well have provoked. -BY HIS OWN TESTIMONY.

Zimmerman is on VERY shaky legal ground. He may have had the right to shoot or may not have. But in all honesty, that's a question for a jury to decide, not that of a DA. I wouldn't be in Zimmerman's shoes for all the tea in China. But I reiterate here that if he had followed the guidelines of mine, or any other course's I've taken, he wouldn't be in this position today.

At BEST he made a giant mistake getting out of his car AFTER police had been called to a non-crime situation. He CHOSE to put himself in a situation where some confrontation was extremely likely. In Washington State, this comes VERY close to him becoming the "initial aggressor," where any claim he makes of self-defense becomes moot. He certainly comes nowhere near the 51% certainty required under Florida law which would preclude a criminal prosecution.

The lesson in this for all of us is: AVOID, if at all possible, any confrontation while armed, unless someone is in imminent physical danger. If you press that limit, you do so at your legal peril.

There are people who's job it is and whose legal obligations to do so are clear: POLICE AGENTS. That does NOT include random Joe Dumbass thinking he is the king of the neighborhood.

Trayvvon had a history of violence.. he had just brutally attacked Zimmerman

Not saying how this case is going to play out even though I have a hunch what really happened, just a factual clarification

Oh, and one more thing.. when the only tool you have is a hammer everything looks like a nail

Trayvvon had a history of violence.. he had just brutally attacked Zimmerman

Not saying how this case is going to play out even though I have a hunch what really happened, just a factual clarification
Oh, and one more thing.. when the only tool you have is a hammer everything looks like a nail

"Brutally"????? Zimmerman may have been punched and got a bump on his head but "brutally attacked"? I don't think the injuries back up your "factual clarification".

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top