JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Yep, I missed listing the HW Bush years. Memory issues at age 58, but I thought he was a great President. I just don't like little snappy comebacks that are clearly meant to be slurs and slams. Chest beating? Well, ok. But you kinda poked me in the chest there, so I thought the response was justified. I already answered the question about the second President Bush. He was my president and I didn't cater to people who referred to him otherwise. I had the same opinion about them as people with "Support our troops" ribbons on their cars who wouldn't let their own kids enlist in the military in a million years but were fine with someone else's kid getting three limbs blown off. I slam Zimmerman for being stupid. You slam me for doing that. I explain my positions and my background and the reason I'm not the liberal you ibviously thought i was, and you slam me again. The Internet is the average joe equivalent of the bully pulpit. That was that word I wasn't going to use. Until now. If you want to defend Zimmerman, defend Zimmerman. Which I just happen to think is getting harder and harder.

Actually, now that I think about, out exchange of "Stomper vs SynapticSilence" was probably perfectly descriptive of what was going to be the outcome until Zimmerman pulled the pistol and shot Martin. That still doesn't mean he wasn't an idiot to get himself into that situation in the first place. 😊

This comment is creepy. How you can say that about a dead 17yo kid you've never met is a bit disturbing.

He never said all CHL's are like Zimmerman..... and btw, all politicians are narcissistic by nature, not just liberal ones if that was your implication.

I would side with Zimmerman if he had been walking home when he was attacked by Martin, or if he had been on duty for neighborhood watch. The problem is he sought out the situation himself, something he admits. It is unlikely he would have done so if he had not been armed, because lets face the facts, having a gun on you makes you more confident when confronting danger. Had he listened to police dispatch, stayed in his car, and circled the neighborhood a few times to keep an eye out until police arrived he would have been fine. He chose to confront Martin, which led to the shooting and the death of an unarmed civilian, criminal or not does not matter. Martin's actions aside, Zimmerman acted irresponsibly and someone ended up dead. Prevention of violent encounters should also take precedent before the use of violence when talking about self defense.

In women's self defense classes, the first thing most instructors will say is to make sure you don't put yourself in a vulnerable position in the first place, ie dark alleys, poorly lit park lots, etc. It seems to me that some CWL advocates on this forum would tell these women to get a gun in their purse, go anywhere they want, and just prepare to shoot the first shadowy character that approaches them. It is a backwards mentality. Self defense is a last resort, preventing/avoiding violence should be first priority.

I would tell those women to first get some training, and then find a suitible handgun. Become familuar with said handgun, and then get your CCP. Then I would tell them if someone ever comes up and sucker punches you and breaks your nose, knocks you to the ground, and then proceades to beat your head into the sidewalk, to draw your weapon and fire in order to stop the threat to your life. Forget stand your ground..This is a simple self defense issue. Martin attacked Zimmerman, Zimmerman defended himself.

Except for the whole "why did Martin attack Zimmerman..." I mean it wasn't a carjacking...That's why he's on trial. They're charging murder 2 to placate the masses- no way he gets that- and I'm not sure they can even get a manslaughter charge to stick- but it becomes easier for the government every time he opens his stupid mouth. His attorneys need to advise him to STFU...and if the interview was their idea they need to be fired and he needs to round up some new lawyers

Except for the whole "why did Martin attack Zimmerman..." I mean it wasn't a carjacking...That's why he's on trial. They're charging murder 2 to placate the masses- no way he gets that- and I'm not sure they can even get a manslaughter charge to stick- but it becomes easier for the government every time he opens his stupid mouth. His attorneys need to advise him to STFU...and if the interview was their idea they need to be fired and he needs to round up some new lawyers

Right on! He is hanging himself with his mouth.

I am amazed at how he never stops talking.

STFU !!!!

He still hasn't taken responsibility for his own decision-making that night and probably never will.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And now he goes on TV and, when offered the opportunity to say something very simple about whether or not there was anything at all he would have done differently that night, instead of saying something that really means nothing but at least shows he has some measure of introspection and the ability to reflect on how bad the situation he ended up in is,

He's shown us that he's dumb but at least he isn't THAT dumb.

Right now is the absolute worst time for a mea culpa.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top