Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

why am i so obsessed with sbr's

Discussion in 'NFA Weapon Discussion' started by aj82, Jan 2, 2012.

1. aj82

aj82 graham Member

so, i really want an sbr. i'm in washington so i can't have one however i've been thinking about it and.. well it's kind of silly. i only want want one for cool factor and really if i lived in a state that allowed it i'd get maybe a 12.5 inch barrel and a flash hider call it 13.5 maybe 14. so what a rifle two inches shorter than what i can currently get. just feel silly that 2 inches matter's that much (insert puns about size here haha) anyway just a random rant.

2. Micko

Micko Seattle New Member

I heard ruby ridge was over 2 inches. Just shows how ridiculous gun control is.

3. del_and_bones

del_and_bones Anchorage, AK Physics Pirate

Why are you obsessed? Probably the same reason I'm obsessed, they rock. If you ever make it down this way, I'll let you pop off some rounds after I get my stamp for my 300blk sbr.

I'd join Ranb and work toward making new sbs's and sbr's legal in WA. Help the cause, mine data, then contact your your reps and senators in the state legislature and urge them to back legislation. I'd help but I'm not one of their constituents and they'd most likely ignore a hungry grad student from OR.

aj82 and (deleted member) like this.
  4. Nwcid

Nwcid Yakima and N of Spokane Well-Known Member

I dont understand. So you built a rifle yet the OP is talking about SBR. You still have a 16" length...........

5. oldbrass

oldbrass WA Active Member

Its another tax,..Welcome to the communist republic of washington

6. Nwcid

Fine, carbine by popular terms rifle (long gun) by legal terms. ATF recognizes Long gun, Handgun, Receiver, SBR, SBS, MG, AOW, DD and Silencer

I understand the OP wants an SBR and I understand they are not legal here or the ATF would easily be into me for another $2000.

You are right though, going pinned does save an inch.

7. Nwcid

What does the NFA and transfer tax have to do with Washington state tax?

Benny503 and (deleted member) like this.
  8. SheepDog223

SheepDog223 Salem Well-Known Member

Yup, And you don't have to get permission to take it across state lines.

9. i8asquirrel

i8asquirrel Keizer, oregon Member

Your obsessed becuase they are F- - -ing cool. I cannot wait for my papers to come back so I can turn my AR pistol into a SBR. It will be my blacktail and close coyote gun after that!!

10. doubletap007

doubletap007 Beaverton Active Member

so why cant you have an 11"barrel and put a 5"flash hider in it,then when your out playing with it take off the hider?

11. Nwcid

You can if you have a registered SBR.

Length is measured from the bolt face to the end of any PERMANENTLY attached part.

12. nubus

nubus Guest

I am seriously considering permanently attaching my can to a 10" barrel for a WA legal 16" suppressed AR.
    I also want an SBR so bad I can frackin' taste it. I hope the lawmakers can see how foolish it is banning them.

13. Ben Beckerich

Ben Beckerich NW Oregon Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

You don't get permission, you inform them. Most guys don't bother.

14. i8asquirrel

i8asquirrel Keizer, oregon Member

You can if its a SBR....
    Or if its not you just want to get arrested and spend way more than the $200 transferr fee ofr a lawyer:thumbup:

15. Ranb

Ranb Belfair, WA Active Member

I feel your pain. How do your legislators feel about the issue? My Senator (Sheldon) voted for the ban back in 1994, but he has promised me to support the bill if it reaches the Senate; I believe him. One of my Reps (Finn) is a co-sponsor of bill 2099 and Kathy Haigh is likely to support it too as she co-sponsored the silencer bill.

Call your legislators and explain why you want to own an SBR. The kind of support you need from them is a promise to tell the Judiciary committee hciarman (Pedersen) that the bill is a priority and needs a hearing. If they waffle on the matter, ask them for an appointment to talk about it in person.

I am in Belfair only about 55 miles from you. I can go with you if you like. Meeting them is all about getting an appointment, after that it is simply a matter of them seeing that you are not some sort of asshat who wants badass guns. Educating them on guns is easy. We can show them that only the nicest people in town will own an SBR is state law is brought into line with federal law.

Attending committee hearings is a simple matter too. Ask nubus. Remember is you do not speak out, some Brady hugger anti-gun zealot is going to do it for you.

Randy Bragge
    360 440-5889

gehrheart and (deleted member) like this.
  16. Ranb

My idea of the SBR/SBS I will make when bill 2099 passes are as follows.

TC contender with various barrels from four inches to fourteen inches long; from 22lr to 44 magnum
    AR-15 with barrels from nine inches to fourteen inches long and 17HMR to 50 caliber
    Mossberg 500 with barrels seven inches to fourteen inches long and in 20 and 12 gauges.

A rifle with any length barrel beats a handgun with the same barrel every time, unless you need to stuff it down your pants. :)

Ranb

17. cyclesarge

cyclesarge Eugene OR, DUH! We're ALL in the NORTHWEST Well-Known Member

It seems like someone on here did that with a GSG and a Thompson Machine suppressor.

18. Nwcid

Ranb did I believe.

I have an integral 9mm AR,

DSC_0010.jpg

19. Ranb

I have not permanently attached a can to a barrel; I am awaiting passage of bill 2099.

Ranb

20. Nwcid

Sorry for my mistake. There is another poster that is really into silencers too and some times I mix you up. My apologies.

Here is a link to the GSG-5, http://www.northwestfirearms.com/nfa-weapons/29516-new-thompson-machine-silencer.html I actually have the same can but I want the full SD look no the skinny so I have not done anything with mine yet.