JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
so, i really want an sbr. i'm in washington so i can't have one however i've been thinking about it and.. well it's kind of silly. i only want want one for cool factor and really if i lived in a state that allowed it i'd get maybe a 12.5 inch barrel and a flash hider call it 13.5 maybe 14. so what a rifle two inches shorter than what i can currently get. just feel silly that 2 inches matter's that much (insert puns about size here haha) anyway just a random rant.

Why are you obsessed? Probably the same reason I'm obsessed, they rock. If you ever make it down this way, I'll let you pop off some rounds after I get my stamp for my 300blk sbr.

I'd join Ranb and work toward making new sbs's and sbr's legal in WA. Help the cause, mine data, then contact your your reps and senators in the state legislature and urge them to back legislation. I'd help but I'm not one of their constituents and they'd most likely ignore a hungry grad student from OR.

Rifle??...it's a carbine.
A standard 16" carbine plus a flash hider is 18.5"
Doing it my way saves him inches without a SBR tax stamp and is what the OP needs...legal in Washinton!

Fine, carbine by popular terms rifle (long gun) by legal terms. ATF recognizes Long gun, Handgun, Receiver, SBR, SBS, MG, AOW, DD and Silencer

I understand the OP wants an SBR and I understand they are not legal here or the ATF would easily be into me for another $2000.

You are right though, going pinned does save an inch.

I am seriously considering permanently attaching my can to a 10" barrel for a WA legal 16" suppressed AR.
I also want an SBR so bad I can frackin' taste it. I hope the lawmakers can see how foolish it is banning them.

so, i really want an sbr. i'm in washington so i can't have one however.....

I feel your pain. How do your legislators feel about the issue? My Senator (Sheldon) voted for the ban back in 1994, but he has promised me to support the bill if it reaches the Senate; I believe him. One of my Reps (Finn) is a co-sponsor of bill 2099 and Kathy Haigh is likely to support it too as she co-sponsored the silencer bill.

Call your legislators and explain why you want to own an SBR. The kind of support you need from them is a promise to tell the Judiciary committee hciarman (Pedersen) that the bill is a priority and needs a hearing. If they waffle on the matter, ask them for an appointment to talk about it in person.

I am in Belfair only about 55 miles from you. I can go with you if you like. Meeting them is all about getting an appointment, after that it is simply a matter of them seeing that you are not some sort of asshat who wants badass guns. Educating them on guns is easy. We can show them that only the nicest people in town will own an SBR is state law is brought into line with federal law.

Attending committee hearings is a simple matter too. Ask nubus. Remember is you do not speak out, some Brady hugger anti-gun zealot is going to do it for you.

Randy Bragge
360 440-5889

My idea of the SBR/SBS I will make when bill 2099 passes are as follows.

TC contender with various barrels from four inches to fourteen inches long; from 22lr to 44 magnum
AR-15 with barrels from nine inches to fourteen inches long and 17HMR to 50 caliber
Mossberg 500 with barrels seven inches to fourteen inches long and in 20 and 12 gauges.

A rifle with any length barrel beats a handgun with the same barrel every time, unless you need to stuff it down your pants. :)

Ranb

It seems like someone on here did that with a GSG and a Thompson Machine suppressor.

Ranb did I believe.

I have an integral 9mm AR,

DSC_0010.jpg

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top