JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I was looking for info on CFE Pistol because a member has some for a decent price, but I stumbled on Graf & Son and they had Hodgdon 1# HP-38 for $20.00 and change. Winchester-231 and HP-38 are said to be the same powder and have identical load recommendations.

If you're not familiar with these powders they've been tough to get. W-231 and HP-38, spherical (ball) powders measure like a dream. HP-38 is an excellent powder for .45acp and .38 special.

Mike

I bought a large jug of HP-38 the last powder shortage but one. I had looked at several published loads and found that they were virtually the same when comparing the two powders, certainly all the loads in which I use W231 were the same, these being .38 and .32 target loads. The HP-38 looked just like W231 and metered the same, for whatever that is worth. The only loads I found to be different when comparing the two powders was when using them in what I consider to be inappropriate cartridges (.357 mag. and .44 mag) There may be others but I only looked up loads for cartridges I actually shoot using W231 data. QL data was the same for both in my preferred cartridges.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top