JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I was looking for info on CFE Pistol because a member has some for a decent price, but I stumbled on Graf & Son and they had Hodgdon 1# HP-38 for $20.00 and change. Winchester-231 and HP-38 are said to be the same powder and have identical load recommendations.

If you're not familiar with these powders they've been tough to get. W-231 and HP-38, spherical (ball) powders measure like a dream. HP-38 is an excellent powder for .45acp and .38 special.

Mike

I bought a large jug of HP-38 the last powder shortage but one. I had looked at several published loads and found that they were virtually the same when comparing the two powders, certainly all the loads in which I use W231 were the same, these being .38 and .32 target loads. The HP-38 looked just like W231 and metered the same, for whatever that is worth. The only loads I found to be different when comparing the two powders was when using them in what I consider to be inappropriate cartridges (.357 mag. and .44 mag) There may be others but I only looked up loads for cartridges I actually shoot using W231 data. QL data was the same for both in my preferred cartridges.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top