JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I once drove up to a Taco Bell and said "I'd like a roadkill burrito, possum if you got it." It got lots lots of laughs that I heard over the speaker.

Heck if I was really hungry for coon or possum I could have just gone to a market. How would you like to see this in the freezer?

http://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2015...ter-local-supermarket-sells-raccoons-as-food/
raccoon-meat-4.jpg

Seriously? $10 a pound? I need to get to shooting.

raccoon-meat-3.jpg

Dave Canturbury said in his YouTubez that he doesn't typically eat 'coon because of the parasites that inhabit their flesh. Never cared to see if that was a true statement or not, never been hungry enough to try racoon.

Price of beef is so high road kill may become popular:D. I question the way it has been handled as meat, I doubt inspectors have guaranteed it.:D Just keep watching as America turns into a t urd world nation.

In my line of work I'd make a FORTUNE!
Opossums, raccoons, squirrels, rats, mice, birds, chipmunks.. You name it..

But to be honest.. I wouldnt eat a single one.. Suburb and city varmints taste nasty due to what they eat around here compared to those you find out in the "wild".

Tried using one for crab bait last year.

Dumb thing floated! :s0153:

Did you remove it from the freezer bag? :D

I learned from The Sopranos (yeah that's it) that to get a 'mammal' to sink ya gotta stab it thru the lungs.

I pay less per pound for a NY steak and it's processed. Course this is LA. Also it's an.. um..international market.. so exotic food isn't so unexpected. They'll eat just about anything, those international types.

Porcupines are also Tasty...

The Rabbit "I'll just call it Checken"???? Hope your not serious:

Rabbit tastes like Rabbit
Rattle Snake tastes like Rattle Snake
Bear tastes like Bear
Nutria tastes like Nutria
Chicken... Well that tastes, Just like Chicken!!!!!

However, the Neck of Venison, with just Pintos, tastes like Heaven!!

philip :confused:

But to be honest.. I wouldnt eat a single one.. Suburb and city varmints taste nasty due to what they eat around here compared to those you find out in the "wild".

My neighbors feed those little furry rats all the time. I am sure with all the nuts and seed they eat they might actually taste ok. I swear they are filling the feeders once a day :rolleyes:

I've been hungry enough in more than one situation. When tryin to fill my belly, had nothing to do with tasting.

I'm talking ''So hungry you could eat the balls off a grizz''!

Course that would really piz off a grizz, gotta assume he'd already dead. So why the balls first?

Almost afraid to ask.. Not sure I wanna know.

l692898841.jpg

Baked Raccoon - Down Home Recipe
Slow Baked and delicious!
Minutes to Prepare: 45
Minutes to Cook: 180
Number of Servings: 8

Ingredients

• 1 Large Raccoon
    3T Oil
    4 Bay Leaves, crumbled
    1 Large Vidalia Onion
    1 Large Bell Pepper
    2 Celery Stalks
    1T Poultry Seasoning
    2C Water
    Salt and pepper to taste

Directions
Preparation:
Dress the raccoon: BE SURE LYMPH GLANDS OF RACCOON ARE REMOVED! Have someone who is experienced remove the glands and the skin for you.

1. Wash thoroughly under cold running water.
2. Cut into quarters and soak in water for 3 to 4 hours.
3. Drain.
4. Season with salt and pepper and Poultry Seasoning.
5. Chop the onions, celery and bell peppers.

Cooking method:
1. Heat oil in fryer on medium high heat.
2. Add raccoon pieces and brown well on both sides.
3. Pre-heat your oven to 325 degrees F.
4. Place the browned pieces in the roasting pan.
5. Crumble the Bay Leaves over the meat.
6. Sprinkle a little more Poultry Seasoning over the meat.
Option: Poultry Season can be substituted for Old Bay Seasoning if you like Cajun flavor.
7. Add onions, celery and bell pepper.
8. Add water. Add more if needed during baking.
9. Bake for about 21/2 - 3 hours or until the meat is tender enough to fall off the bone.
10. If the meat finishes cooking and does not look brown enough, place under the broiler for a few minutes.

Serve with peas, potatoes, cornbread and gravy.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews