JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

Is Global Warming Fake

• Yes

Votes: 52 71.2%
  • No

Votes: 17 23.3%
  • Cars fault

Votes: 1 1.4%
  • Cows fault

Votes: 3 4.1%

• Total voters
Status
I voted no ... don't think we will ever know for sure tho . Either way i can only imagine all the man made crap we put in our air , water and soil is going to continue to make things worse for people .

Did you all see the movie "An inconvient truth" (I think that was the correct name, with Al Gore)? To me it sounds truthful and for whatever reasons the levels of C02 are people induced and certainly increasing at a unprecidented rate, one way or another. Cut down trees, not as much C02 conversion to 02. Produce more C02 through hundreds of years of fossil fuel unclean burning. Too many people raising too many cattle to flatulate, whatever. I'm sure 1600 years ago they said the end in nigh, but it is IMHO it is getting nigher. Now with China becoming the major producer of consumer products ( a whole other thread ) with little or no anti-pollution controls will it get better? Personal beliefs and facts are two different things, unless the beliefs are supported by facts. If the facts are correct our children/grandchildren are in trouble. People in certain socio-economic levels IMHO are often too self centered to be concerned with anything outside their attention span and desires for the newest HDTV or Hummer. The poor are scrabbling for a living so it is not high on their priority. Sure burn down some more rainforest to get a farm that will produce for a few years and then wash away, sure buy from China where they had to ban cars from operating in the city weeks before the Olympics to bring the air pollution levels down, monitored at a site 20 miles outside of Bejing. Now for the good news my generation will probably be "ex" by then. I certainly hope I'm wrong!
rhtwist
the same scientest who are yelling about this are the same ones who were yelling about the comming ice age only 20 yrs ago and by the way some are back on the ice age bandwagon now it was reported on cnn last week. Man must be real egotistical to think he can change or cause a change in the natural cycles of nature.

Like a dog chasing it's tail... funny to watch but never really results in anything. :huh:

(scare mongering scientists I mean)

Last Edited:
Howdy,
I am glad to get a confirmation on this forum and it's level of civility. Glad to be a member.

I am NOT AMAZED that this topic is being dealt with in a polite manner. This is problably the only forum that does not support or put up with members defecating on other members for having different opinions. I for one think its great that people with similar interests disagree about certain issues, it helps convey both sides of the spectrum from like minded people. :cool:

What I don't get is why it seems reasonable to suspect global warming science could be influenced by the thousands, or even few millions of dollars of government funding when the real money- the billions and trillions of dollars- are on the side of big business which will do whatever it can to avoid from complying with even the most basic regulations. I've been an industrial worker all my life and I've seen the really nasty side of it.
I also work as a commercial fisherman in the Gulf of Alaska in the summers and if anyone doubts the climate is warming, ask the old timers as I have, to point to where the glaciers on the Fairweather range used to be.
Since my job is taking food out of the oceans, I get really upset when people doubt their actions have any impact on where we live. It usually seems like a big way for folks to avoid taking any responsability. Call me old fashioned, but that's a cop out and wrong. I'm no Al Gore fan, but so what if he was overreacting? Would it be a bad thing for the ocean/air/etc... to be too healthy? The real story is pretty simple. Look at where the real money is. It's not with hippies and the Sierra Club or even politicians like Al Gore who want a cause to flog- it's the Union Carbides and the like who invest huge resources keeping the issue contravertial so they can keep from pulling their fair share.
Thank you.
(decends from soapbox)

Last Edited:
Oh sure the globe's warming.

That's why we have had 4-18" of snow this year.

And when the glaciers melt, the ones that are sitting in the water, they're going to flood us and raise the water level. What's that PhysicsGuy? Water takes up LESS space when it melts? Drats. Looks like I need a new theory, cause global warming's gonna fail me. How about global stagnation? I don't think we've scared anybody with that yet...

Guess I'll just believe in the big Sig in the sky :D

Oh sure the globe's warming.

That's why we have had 4-18" of snow this year.

I'm no scientist- I only know what I see and have seen. You can tell where glaciers have receeded from 20 miles out at sea in the Alsakan Gulf and if people who live there remember a time when ice reached the water, I tend to believe them. As I understand it, global warming isn't fair or uniform. We all know the weather's been weird. It makes sense that uneven warming could have odd effects, such as extra cold winters in Oregon.

Come on everyone, haven't you been paying attention?? The correct term to use now is "global climate change". The term "global warming" was deemed to restrictive by the Ministry of Science and Planetary Health and was thus placed into the memory hole.

Any further use of the term "global warming" will result in your visitation by the authorities for reassignment to your local Re-education Center. :nuts:

The Romans grew grapes in Great Britain:confused:. My God, sheople will believe anything :( For awhile NASA was telling us the other planets in our solar system were warming, gee I wonder were that story went :huh: WAKE UP! YOU ARE DROWNING IN BULL.

Last edited by a moderator:
Seems to me that the earth has been warming for the last 10,000 plus years. Remember we learned about the "end of the Ice Age" back in school! As far as science goes.............we "know" that the earth has been both warmer AND colder than it is now. This planet has suffered much worse injury that was cause by itself than anything humans have done. We (humans) are not that important. Yes, we have made a mark on this planet but that will be erased in time like everything else as this planet changes itself again, whether we like it or not. :s0146: Sorry, just had to through in my two pennies.

Since I have personally observed the catastrophic effects industrial pollution has had on the planet, it is hard to believe anyone can dismiss it all just because at various times earth was, say, warmer or colder or being pummeled by Rush Limbaugh sized comets. If a "sheeple" is someone who bases their opinions on what they experience first hand, then I'm proud to be one. The point is, there's a lot of money to be made by denying humans can drastically affect the environment or climate. Maybe after I go fishing this summer in Alaska I'll bring back a dead zone to show everyone. I could probably fit a glacier in my beer cooler as well.

Last edited by Mr. Link; Today at 10:30 PM. Reason: Inappropriate Language
Sorry I meant Britannia.
Since I have personally observed the catastrophic effects industrial pollution has had on the planet, it is hard to believe anyone can dismiss it all just because at various times earth was, say, warmer or colder or being pummeled by Rush Limbaugh sized comets.
Easy on the kool-aid pal :s0114:

I don't like breathing crap either, but blaming global warming on CO2 is ridiculous :nuts:

Since I have personally observed the catastrophic effects industrial pollution has had on the planet, it is hard to believe anyone can dismiss it all just because at various times earth was, say, warmer or colder or being pummeled by Rush Limbaugh sized comets. If a "sheeple" is someone who bases their opinions on what they experience first hand, then I'm proud to be one. The point is, there's a lot of money to be made by denying humans can drastically affect the environment or climate. Maybe after I go fishing this summer in Alaska I'll bring back a dead zone to show everyone. I could probably fit a glacier in my beer cooler as well.

"Catastrophic effects"... "industrial pollution"... "the planet"... "drastically effect"... "dead zone"... Okay, okay that's five scary phrases, you've convinced me of your credentials!!! Please, take all of my money, do SOMETHING right now and save the children!!!!! :nuts:

"Catastrophic effects"... "industrial pollution"... "the planet"... "drastically effect"... "dead zone"... Okay, okay that's five scary phrases, you've convinced me of your credentials!!! Please, take all of my money, do SOMETHING right now and save the children!!!!! :nuts:

My credentials would be someone who is skeptical of the status quo, which until recently denied the climate temp was rising globally at all. Hardly a week goes by now without a chunk of Antarctica the size of Texas breaking off. Same goes for glaciers in Alaska where I work. I believe what I see and experience, not wishful thinking on the internets.

Status

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads