JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

Is Global Warming Fake

• Yes

Votes: 52 71.2%
  • No

Votes: 17 23.3%
  • Cars fault

Votes: 1 1.4%
  • Cows fault

Votes: 3 4.1%

• Total voters
Status
Again really not to argue but has anyone heard of the great dust bowl in the 1930's. Where man stripped the American prairies and caused soil erosion so bad that clouds of soil where being blown over Washington D.C. Without legislation and proper farming techniques that would not have ended. A smaller local example but it shows that man can be a major contributing factor to the environment. Read about London an the use of coal and the pollution of the Thames River. There are many examples. Small and local you may say but I do think we are contributing to the detriment of our planet. In my humble opinion those that do not learn from their mistakes are doomed to relive them. Sorry as this is a little off topic on Global Warming.
rhtwist

Good job keeping this civil guys. It'll remain open as long as it stays that way :winkkiss:

Again really not to argue but has anyone heard of the great dust bowl in the 1930's. Where man stripped the American prairies and caused soil erosion so bad that clouds of soil where being blown over Washington D.C. Without legislation and proper farming techniques that would not have ended. A smaller local example but it shows that man can be a major contributing factor to the environment. Read about London an the use of coal and the pollution of the Thames River. There are many examples. Small and local you may say but I do think we are contributing to the detriment of our planet. In my humble opinion those that do not learn from their mistakes are doomed to relive them. Sorry as this is a little off topic on Global Warming.
rhtwist

Yes, the dust bowl happened. Was it caused just by man? No! The deep plowing freed the top soil and the then drought dried it out. It was the same time as the highest OBSERVED temps of the earth (1932-33). The type of plowing was state-of-the-art at the time.

Londoner's used a lot of coal for heat. It was cold and coal was plentyful. Burning it caused the fog. The burning was state-of-the-art at the time.

The Thames was used as a sewer. It was state-of-the-art at the time.

Man saw the problems and fixed them. How are we going to fix volcanos?

Take a few hours and read through Junkscience.

ETA: I was involved in the first Earth Day. I've seen the hoaxs since.

Human-caused "Global Climate Change" is a crock pushed on the masses by groups who want public money for "studies" to "prove" their belief that we must "do something"...

For the children you know. :s0129:

Quickest way to win support for anything. . . . just say "it's for the children"::bsflag:

SiskoAnimated.gif

Civil or condescending?

rhwist

In a lighter sense, man plowed the prairies, man used the coal and unsanitary practices, man is cutting down the rain forest, man is polluting the Atmosphere, acid rain is not natural, all state-of-the-art at that time.
What is state-of-the-art at this time will be talked about in past tense in the future as well as it's consequences. Business has no responsibility to anyone but there share holders (Movie - Roger and Me), not their employees, there conservation footprint, their Country, or the user's of their products, simply put by the Chief Customer Affairs officer of GM, make money for the shareholders (period). Poor countries have no choice but to continue their pollution and land stripping. Others, which is continuing to grow want their Hummers and Escalades and 4 X 4's that are rarely used for their intended purpose. Do we dispute that the plastic will not be here in two thousand years? Total cause of Global Warming no, contributing factor absolutely.
Again IMHO. People were sure the Sun and planet's rotated around a flat Earth for thousands of years, truth is not finding facts to support your opinion, but basing your opinion on facts. I hope I'm wrong, I have two Grandchildren. I marched in the first Earth Day demonstration and got detention for missing school.
rhtwist

Yes, the dust bowl happened. Was it caused just by man? No! The deep plowing freed the top soil and the then drought dried it out. It was the same time as the highest OBSERVED temps of the earth (1932-33). The type of plowing was state-of-the-art at the time.

Londoner's used a lot of coal for heat. It was cold and coal was plentyful. Burning it caused the fog. The burning was state-of-the-art at the time.

The Thames was used as a sewer. It was state-of-the-art at the time.

Man saw the problems and fixed them. How are we going to fix volcanos?

Take a few hours and read through Junkscience.

ETA: I was involved in the first Earth Day. I've seen the hoaxs since.

Man made global warming is a crock... I remember being in school in the 80's when CFCs were being banned because of 'global warming' -- remember the great ozone hole?

Remember the media saying we might be walking around in special ozone suits by the year 2000? Oh yeah- THAT HAPPENED.

This is just another government/ media complex ploy. They will use it to raise taxes and get that ludicrous cap and trade BS implemented. While China and India pollute with no consequences! Say goodbye to what is left of our economy if they get that crap made law!

:s0159:

Civil or condescending?

rhwist

I apologize, I should have clarified. That image wasn't to express my opinion on the topic one way or another, but rather in response to the fact that a thread on this topic was posted and would most likely get closed :)

I apologize, I should have clarified. That image wasn't to express my opinion on the topic one way or another, but rather in response to the fact that a thread on this topic was posted and would most likely get closed :)

That's the way I took it and that's why I laughed. The nature of the topic could quickly lead to some heated posts. The gif was followed by thanks for keeping the discussion civil.

BTW, I voted no.

Last Edited:
Hello Mr. Link,
Thanks for the clarification. I too am amazed that this topic is being dealt with in a polite manner as debate/conversations between grown-ups should be.
I really wish it were a mere matter of the level of optimism. Anyway "all shall reap what we sow" to paraphrase. Take it easy.
rhtwist

Hello Mr. Link,
Thanks for the clarification. I too am amazed that this topic is being dealt with in a polite manner as debate/conversations between grown-ups should be.
I really wish it were a mere matter of the level of optimism. Anyway "all shall reap what we sow" to paraphrase. Take it easy.
rhtwist

I am NOT AMAZED that this topic is being dealt with in a polite manner. This is problably the only forum that does not support or put up with members defecating on other members for having different opinions. I for one think its great that people with similar interests disagree about certain issues, it helps convey both sides of the spectrum from like minded people. :cool:

Status

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top