JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

Is Global Warming Fake

• Yes

Votes: 52 71.2%
  • No

Votes: 17 23.3%
  • Cars fault

Votes: 1 1.4%
  • Cows fault

Votes: 3 4.1%

• Total voters
Status
Natural cycles was what was meant by natural causes!

Same thing right? sun flairs cow farts ect....

Well, the whole cow farts theory is based on the amount of livestock, concentration of the population, as well as the particular foods being fed to the bovine population. EG corn as apposed to grass, creating more problems such as gas and internal organ failures.

Still though, don't take my clarification the wrong way, as I agree with you.

Human-caused "Global Climate Change" is a crock pushed on the masses by groups who want public money for "studies" to "prove" their belief that we must "do something"...

For the children you know. :s0129:

Did you all see the movie "An inconvient truth" (I think that was the correct name, with Al Gore)? To me it sounds truthful and for whatever reasons the levels of C02 are people induced and certainly increasing at a unprecidented rate, one way or another. Cut down trees, not as much C02 conversion to 02. Produce more C02 through hundreds of years of fossil fuel unclean burning. Too many people raising too many cattle to flatulate, whatever. I'm sure 1600 years ago they said the end in nigh, but it is IMHO it is getting nigher. Now with China becoming the major producer of consumer products ( a whole other thread ) with little or no anti-pollution controls will it get better? Personal beliefs and facts are two different things, unless the beliefs are supported by facts. If the facts are correct our children/grandchildren are in trouble. People in certain socio-economic levels IMHO are often too self centered to be concerned with anything outside their attention span and desires for the newest HDTV or Hummer. The poor are scrabbling for a living so it is not high on their priority. Sure burn down some more rainforest to get a farm that will produce for a few years and then wash away, sure buy from China where they had to ban cars from operating in the city weeks before the Olympics to bring the air pollution levels down, monitored at a site 20 miles outside of Bejing. Now for the good news my generation will probably be "ex" by then. I certainly hope I'm wrong!
rhtwist

SiskoAnimated.gif

There is no scientific proof that co2 levels have risen, we don't even have co2 records for anything past last century. In fact, historically it has been proven that the earth goes through cooling and warming periods and now it appears to be cooling again. I was on a debate team at school and we did extensive research (and debating since it was the resolution topic of the year) and the general consensus of those who did the research and examined the evidence was that global warming is a hoax. I can't believe al gore got a nobel prize. It will be hilarious to look back on for those in the future.

I don't believe any of Al Gore's faux-science. What does concern me is the virtual disappearance of the arctic icecap in the last couple years, as well as the continued reduction in Greenland's ice sheet as well as Antarctica's ice sheet. I've seen nothing thus far to convince me it all isn't part of the Earth's natural cycles however.
I still think the world's volcanic and other natural sources of poisons dwarf anything man has done thus far.

I studied geology years ago. We are at the end of an interglacial period - glaciers have taken over about every 12k years and we are at that point. Also, there is evidence of a short period of warming before the big cooling. Sunspot cycles, sun energy irregularities, pole shifts, volcanic activity, meteor strikes, wobbles in the earth's rotation and other factors contribute. Right now, there may be increased volcanic activity at both poles that is warming the ice sheets from below (do a search on "arctic AND antarctic volcanic activity"), while we are having the coldest winters in decades in the whole northern hemisphere!

I can agree that the earth is warming presently, but don't think that anybody, even as well presented as Gore is, can't say how much is due to people.

Another thing to think about is that if we are have too much fear about global warming, and we accept the imposition of a "carbon tax", that will be more cash taken from our pockets by the international bankers.

I sure would feel better when I'm proven wrong, I mean really,honestly. Please help me understand how that was faux science. I don't believe that the people of this Earth have not affected the it's resources.
Sincerely
rhtwist

It is all a load of garbage. I think it is funny that once there is a disaster that is getting old, another one is brought up and advertised like crazy i.e. bird flu (which was going to destroy mankind if I remember correctly), the tsunami (that was just the first of many that would literally flood the entire earth:s0112:), earthquakes (now these are a bit more believable, but still have yet to see that one that would go off the scales and destroy this world as we know it), and of course global warming.

Basically, I am still waiting. . .

I sure would feel better when I'm proven wrong, I mean really,honestly. Please help me understand how that was faux science. I don't believe that the people of this Earth have not affected the it's resources.
Sincerely
rhtwist
Too much of it depends upon faith instead of hard science. It's happening, therefor we did it. There is hard scientific evidence of previous heating/cooling cycles, but for some reason the "we did it" types believe this time it is us doing it and not a natural cycle again. It actually takes quite a bit of hubris and conceit to believe we've had such influence.
Now, don't get me wrong, the survivalist in me believes we should live with MINIMUM impact upon our environment at all times and take pains to be cautious with the environment, live sustainably, and use appropriate technology. I just don't think all the Chicken Little stuff is helpful either.

Exactly why I consider myself a "conservationist" and NOT an "environmentalist".

And sure, humans can impact their environment negatively locally but that does NOT automatically translate into man-made GLOBAL anything!

I just find it amazing that the "environmentalists" can argue for packing everyone into big metropolises and then say that because of the pollution locally in those same metropolises (caused by the people that live there) that automatically means that the planet is doomed and we only have X many years before mankind is extinct.

Unless of course we do something!!! :nuts:

It's the biggest fraud ever, even bigger than Madoff. Common sense says the sun is what warms the planet and the temp of the sun changes all the time. If you want to know if it's real then follow the money. Gore will make a ton of cash if people believe him. Just by selling carbon credits to the stupid.

jj

Status

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top