JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
S&W 642 in a DeSantis Nemesis pocket holster. It's easy to carry, but it's probably not the gun that I'm most proficient with. Last week, I went out to check on some folks who were parked in front of my house (at 3am) w/ the 642 in my pocket. The thought that kept crossing my mind: "Gun safe full of hi-cap, easier to shoot, more effective guns & this is what I'm taking with me???" But, because of its size/weight, it does go with me many times when I can't take other guns - gun is hand beats gun left in safe.

My main carry pistol is the 360PD...it's great. I have owned Walther PPK/S, PPS and Beretta small autos but I simply always find that this particular revolver is so stupidly light that the choice really isn't that hard to make.
The lightweight specs mean that it's a real hand-punisher/bruiser when shooting .357 rounds. Typical .38 +p rounds are just fine and are usually what I carry with several speedloaders with .357 as backup. While I do miss the slim nature of smaller autos, there simply isn't an equivalent of the 360PD when you consider firepower per gram.
I purchased mine at Philomath gunshop and paid significantly less than MSRP.
Cheers,
J

S&W 649 Bodyguard, shrouded hammer. Lately, carrying more often OWB in a nice Galco pancake holster I found at a pawn shop. In the 2010 issue of The Complete Book of Handguns, Masaad Ayoob has a nice review on the Ruger LCr, .38 special +P. He was also very impressed with the 125 grain Federal Nyclad standard pressure round.

I've been carrying my Colt Detectives Special since I started my LEO days, back in the '70s. Not the lightest around, but DEPENDABLE. The aftermarket grip makes it much more stable. I've tried many holsters over the years, and worn out a few jacket pockets. I got the below pictured belly-band holster not too long ago, and it's now comfortable to carry, very secure, and quick to get at.
Max

MyColtDetsSpec.jpg

holstershirtopen.jpg

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR