JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Bunch of old goats around here. Do you guys get a discount on your grand slam at Denny's also?

:D

Ya, that's why I asked here! I'm rather fond of the "Old Goat" generation, being as I are one, or at least real close to one.

Haven't been to Denny's in YEARS, but Tuesdays is lucky number day at BiMart, and 10% of at Freddy's!

Appreciate the input Mr Rich. I don't really have a reason discredit any opinion here as I've got a lot of respect for 95% of the members. However when people post a scathing review of something it would be helpful if there was some proof, not necessarily even written proof, of the accusation. Does AARP pay Soros? Is he the editor of the magazine/web site? Something?
The George Soros reference is facetious - but not all that far off the mark. Examine AARP's history and goals. They are clearly a progressive, leftist organization. Read their magazine for the tenor of their beliefs. I'm certain that they will comp you a copy - but you may not be able to stop the solicitation thereafter.

LOL...Jim Gaffigan describes Waffle House as a gas station bathroom...that serves waffles.

It's the greasiest greasy spoon ever!!!
5 years ago was on a trip with my son driving him out to his new Duty station in North Carolina.

The first Waffle House we saw, I believe was in Missouri and he just had to go down to the next exit and do a you turn just to eat there.

My artery's felt like they clogged up from the Mass amounts of bacon grease and butter. Don't get me wrong I love bacon but good Lawdy all that grease is what will kill you.:eek:

Appreciate the input Mr Rich. I don't really have a reason discredit any opinion here as I've got a lot of respect for 95% of the members. However when people post a scathing review of something it would be helpful if there was some proof, not necessarily even written proof, of the accusation. Does AARP pay Soros? Is he the editor of the magazine/web site? Something?
Dang Mike, I really didn't think I was writing a "review" let alone a scathing review. All I was attempting to do was pass on my opinion. objectively, and offer what I've taken from my exposure to AARP. I know nothing about Soros and his relationship to AARP. I get tons of good info on here from like minded people and appreciate it. My wife does like the AARP publication and I like her.

We'll be eligible to join one of these groups soon. We have already decided we'll be joining AMAC and have nothing to do with AARP.

AARP is in close ties with the DNC/Democrat party. In 2010, they spent $21M lobbying Democrats. They are big government backers. In 2008 they were 3rd in overall lobbying spending, behind only the US Chamber of Commerce and Exxon Mobil. When you support AARP, you're supporting leftist lobbying of Congress and big government.

They also supported/lobbied for Obamacare - why? Because it meant huge profits for their supplemental insurance division. Here's an article from Forbes on that very topic: How the AARP Made $2.8 Billion By Supporting Obamacare's Cuts to Medicare

Yep, AARP is basically a for-profit insurance company: AARP: Money First, Seniors Second

The George Soros reference is facetious - but not all that far off the mark. Examine AARP's history and goals. They are clearly a progressive, leftist organization. Read their magazine for the tenor of their beliefs. I'm certain that they will comp you a copy - but you may not be able to stop the solicitation thereafter.

Dang Mike, I really didn't think I was writing a "review" let alone a scathing review. All I was attempting to do was pass on my opinion. objectively, and offer what I've taken from my exposure to AARP. I know nothing about Soros and his relationship to AARP. I get tons of good info on here from like minded people and appreciate it. My wife does like the AARP publication and I like her.

No worries, I'm just tuned to believe anything with "George Soros" in it must be bad. Most of my info comes from here to. I get to read both sides of things most time, and I respect the members here. I throw a thank you to everyone here that does the tough reading (for me), and then the discussion! :D

We'll be eligible to join one of these groups soon. We have already decided we'll be joining AMAC and have nothing to do with AARP.

AARP is in close ties with the DNC/Democrat party. In 2010, they spent $21M lobbying Democrats. They are big government backers. In 2008 they were 3rd in overall lobbying spending, behind only the US Chamber of Commerce and Exxon Mobil. When you support AARP, you're supporting leftist lobbying of Congress and big government.

They also supported/lobbied for Obamacare - why? Because it meant huge profits for their supplemental insurance division. Here's an article from Forbes on that very topic: How the AARP Made $2.8 Billion By Supporting Obamacare's Cuts to Medicare

Yep, AARP is basically a for-profit insurance company: AARP: Money First, Seniors Second

I remember now all the talk of AARP lobbying, and payments made to the dems to get them elected, everywhere. That pretty much answers my question.

etrain16 to the rescue again!

I remember now all the talk of AARP lobbying, and payments made to the dems to get them elected, everywhere. That pretty much answers my question. etrain16 to the rescue again!
AARP makes little mention of their political philosophy although their actions belie their beliefs. AMAC confidently states that they are conservative.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top