JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Just curious seeing as I'm getting up there, 63, and thought I might get some benefit from it. More interested in some savings on things, and realize I'll probably get a bunch 'O crap I won't read much.

They are anti 2A and I don't think they're too keen on some other stuff in the Constitution either. They could offer me free money and I still wouldn't patronize them.

Just curious seeing as I'm getting up there, 63, and thought I might get some benefit from it. More interested in some savings on things, and realize I'll probably get a bunch 'O crap I won't read much.
Your mail box will fill up to no end as they will "share" (sell) your info with third party advertisers.

They played a large role in getting Obamacare passed... so they could sell supplemental health insurance. Frak them... if you're gonna join a retired citizens' lobby, go AMAC!

Well then....! Never heard of AMAC, that I remember (age thing maybe:)), but looked 'em up. Looks just like AARP, without the far leaning. I would imagine they sell your info just like AARP does though? Everybody sells info and fills your mail box I imagine. I don't believe I mind the USPS mail box filling, after all, it helps keep the post office alive. Spam is another thing though, but I guess you can opt out some of it. I'll search A little deeper into AMAC, it looks to be the same price.

I agree and disagree with some of the opinions expressed here. My wife joined and gets the magazine (publication). I glance at it as I sit since it always seems to be in whichever bathroom I choose. Yeah it leans left, but not radically and yeah they supported ACA. But it does have a decent amount of info, non-political and non-promotional, that I've occasionally found useful. And I'm pretty sure we've never received any unwanted solicitations or other stuff because they sold our info.

I agree and disagree with some of the opinions expressed here. My wife joined and gets the magazine (publication). I glance at it as I sit since it always seems to be in whichever bathroom I choose. Yeah it leans left, but not radically and yeah they supported ACA. But it does have a decent amount of info, non-political and non-promotional, that I've occasionally found useful. And I'm pretty sure we've never received any unwanted solicitations or other stuff because they sold our info.

AARP members might as well send cash directly to George Soros. I joined AMAC and have no regrets.

Or, at NWF should I say No Regerts?

Appreciate the input Mr Rich. I don't really have a reason discredit any opinion here as I've got a lot of respect for 95% of the members. However when people post a scathing review of something it would be helpful if there was some proof, not necessarily even written proof, of the accusation. Does AARP pay Soros? Is he the editor of the magazine/web site? Something?

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top