JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I know there's folks out there that move the large stuff. Safes, pianos, the bizarre, etc. I used to have a name and number but can't find it now. I've got friend that needs a huge pot with a tree in it moved from the back of my truck in front of her house, to the back of her house.

I usually call "lefty and righty".... :D

I pay them in spinach!

IMG_3285.JPG IMG_2572.JPG

Rental yards have a neat little crawler that works great for these types of problems.
Ask for the Toro Dingo model with the flat lift attachment.

th?id=OIP.UtH5YMk_fpUPf9S47W8wLgEsEA&pid=15.jpg

How did the pot get in the truck? Drive the truck to where you need it to be, and reverse?

The tree in pot will be put in the back of my truck by the forklift at Seven Dee's, and then driven to the gals house. I'd guess it weighs around 400 lbs.

Last Edited:
i tend to manhandle stuff, but for the really heavy things i can't do alone i get my brother and use Amazon.com: Teamstrap Moving and Lifting Straps: Home Improvement i found these on line as well Forearm Forklift 9.4 ft. L x 3 in. Moving Straps-FF000012 - The Home Depot just for reference my brother and i was able to move the miller pipe pro welder in on the truck with ease once it was off the truck, something like 1200 pounds.

I'm not really capable of participating in one part of the lifting straps. And the gal will be paying for it.

400lbs? Equipment would be in order, that dingo thing looks as it would do perfect and get to where she wants it.

That's not a job I'd trust to Craigslist people.

Someone bonded, with references, or friends who've done similar, yeah.

Put my camper/cap on with the help of the seller, his BIL, and his farm hand. Dead lift from ground to pickup bed side height. Weighs about 450lbs, we all thought we were going to pop out a hernia. Odd shape, poor hand holds, and shifting weight as we lifted and walked it.

I avoid this problem by having nothing so large, heavy or oddly shaped that I cannot move it myself. All of my furniture is cheap Ikea furniture. A furniture dolly (the hand truck kind and the flat ones for the really heavy stuff if you have it) work wonders and make moving MUCH- MUCH-MUCH easier.

If you can have the tree loaded to a trailer that's closer to the ground, like a landscape utility trailer you could wrassel it out of the trailer and then move it with a buddy into it's new home.

Getting the tree to the customers house isn't/shouldn't be an issue. Getting it from the back of the truck, down the side of the house to the back yard and over the 18" boxwood hedge to it's resting spot is the issue.

Getting the tree to the customers house isn't/shouldn't be an issue. Getting it from the back of the truck, down the side of the house to the back yard and over the 18" boxwood hedge to it's resting spot is the issue.

Yikes! That is going to be a challenge.

Please watch yourself, if you do end up helping with the labor! Parents neighbors lost there son recently. He was helping customers load up on and off during a heat spell (a Home Depot in NC). Heat stroke after he got home. 42 years old.

Yikes! That is going to be a challenge.

Please watch yourself, if you do end up helping with the labor! Parents neighbors lost there son recently. He was helping customers load up on and off during a heat spell (a Home Depot in NC). Heat stroke after he got home. 42 years old.

Oh, I'm not doing anything but driving and maybe directing. The reason for the thread was to get a company that has a dolly and 2-3 strong guys, some straps, and get 'er done.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top