JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
You could also call the pros and see what they use...
Contact Us | Big Trees Today Inc.

This ^^^ is good info. It just happens that at the same time this gal needs this pot with tree thing moved to her back yard she also just had to have three 12" diameter birch trees removed from the parking strip due to boring insects. She needs someone to re-plant for her. 10 years ago I would have taken care of it, but I wouldn't dare try it at this point. My body isn't what it was and she wants 8' or better.

I recently had to move my large blueberry plants, which are in 50 gal tree pots I got from the local nursery.

So we used one of these and a couple of sheets of plywood:

%2F%2Fwww.motorcycleliftsdirect.com%2Fimg-large%2Fimages%2FCraftsman%2520Motorcycle-ATV%2520Jack.jpg

It's an ATV Jack.
I slid each one out of the pickup and onto the raised jack pad, and then lowered the pad for the trip around the house to the backyard, leapfrogging the sheets of plywood all the way.
Each one weighs well over 300lbs.

Easy-peasy. Certainly easier than I ever thought it could be.

We bought a 4" D Maple tree with about a good 3ft diameter root ball easily 400 lbs. I had to get it out of my pickup over a 3ft high fence and into a hole dug in the front yard for it. I made a 4x4 A frame that when positioned half way between the pickup and the hole would lift the root ball up and over the fence. I then had a couple guys help me push the A frame to vertical while the wife and son held ropes controlling the tree swinging in the A frame. We then allowed the tree to fall in a controlled manner into the Hole.

Of course as soon as it hit the hole the wife wanted it turned about 90 degrees (some things you just don't get in life LOL)

You could use the same basic method to put the tree on a cart and then to get it off the cart into the resting spot.

Our Potted tiny dwarf apple, pear, prune and cherry trees were in big pots. Actually huge pots. About 2 cubic yards big. Each tree, dirt pot and stand weighed nearly 7000 pounds. Yep. We just rented an appropriate off road rough terrain folk lift.

I call either "Hospital" or "Certain Death" otherwise knows and my right and left arm, respectively. :D

Well people around here call me, I have a 15 ton rough terrain crane, a 16,000 lb capacity forklift and trucks and trailers to move both those plus a load.

Pretty sure you don't want to pay my travel time to come move a pot for you though :D

Well people around here call me, I have a 15 ton rough terrain crane, a 16,000 lb capacity forklift and trucks and trailers to move both those plus a load.

Pretty sure you don't want to pay my travel time to come move a pot for you though :D

When I move back to Idaho someday I'll need your address so I can move somewhere near you Monster. :D

What kind of access do you have to get into the backyard? Bigger is not always better if it won't fit through fence gate or it's really steep.

What kind of access do you have to get into the backyard? Bigger is not always better if it won't fit through fence gate or it's really steep.

Either side is narrow but just wide enough to get through with the pot. The wider side is an un-even stone path and more direct to the resting place. Both side mostly level, just uneven. I have 2'x 8' plywood sheets to lay down. I figure we'll need a 4 wheeled dolly. Base of the pot is about 3' and larger in the middle making it difficult/impossible to use a hand truck.

I was looking at some ads for general movers on Craig's List......Yeah, I know.....need to be real careful there! At least the ads are written well, unlike the people selling fire wood. :rolleyes:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top