JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I'm looking at a one piece scope mount similar to the LaRue LT104 (<broken link removed>). This has the mount screws vertical.

or the LT111 (<broken link removed>). This has the mount screws horizontal.

I am leaning towards a 1-piece scope mount with rings and quick release latches SIMILAR to the LaRue models above. I am not sold on the LaRue, I am still looking and "shopping" at the various makes and models.

It will be on a 7mm Win Mag. Not for hunting. I want to get into long range "plinking". I plan on removing it (the scope and mount) for storage and transportation. Possible migration to a different platform in the future.

Do you think the vertical or horizontal mount screws make a difference?

What kind (make and model) do you have and why did you choose it?

Thanks.

I was looking at what Leupold had to offer. I noticed these too. I also noticed that these were not the quick release.

Do you have yours mounted long term? Or, do you mount/un-mount?

BTW, I do agree with the vertical mount screws.

well, i bought it with the purpose of being able to swap them if needed, but honestly, i have just left them on the rifle haha. I have done it once, and it was pretty much back to zero when i put it back on (which is nice).

Just be careful, I made the mistake of over tightening some vertical screw rings and actually crushed a scope tube.

well, i bought it with the purpose of being able to swap them if needed, but honestly, i have just left them on the rifle haha. I have done it once, and it was pretty much back to zero when i put it back on (which is nice).

:s0155:

Just be careful, I made the mistake of over tightening some vertical screw rings and actually crushed a scope tube.

1" mount rings on a 30mm scope tube? Or correct size and flat out crushed it?

Whoa.... :eek:

1" mount rings on a 30mm scope tube? Or correct size and flat out crushed it?

Whoa.... :eek:

1" and 1". Crushed it. Honestly, I didn't even know it was possible. The scope is usable I think but has a nice indentation at both ring positions.

1" and 1". Crushed it. Honestly, I didn't even know it was possible. The scope is usable I think but has a nice indentation at both ring positions.

I guess you don't have to worry too much about lateral movement once it is locked in place.... haha :)

Still usable? I guess that's a good thing.

Thank you.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads