JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I'm looking at a one piece scope mount similar to the LaRue LT104 (<broken link removed>). This has the mount screws vertical.

or the LT111 (<broken link removed>). This has the mount screws horizontal.

I am leaning towards a 1-piece scope mount with rings and quick release latches SIMILAR to the LaRue models above. I am not sold on the LaRue, I am still looking and "shopping" at the various makes and models.

It will be on a 7mm Win Mag. Not for hunting. I want to get into long range "plinking". I plan on removing it (the scope and mount) for storage and transportation. Possible migration to a different platform in the future.

Do you think the vertical or horizontal mount screws make a difference?

What kind (make and model) do you have and why did you choose it?

Thanks.

I was looking at what Leupold had to offer. I noticed these too. I also noticed that these were not the quick release.

Do you have yours mounted long term? Or, do you mount/un-mount?

BTW, I do agree with the vertical mount screws.

well, i bought it with the purpose of being able to swap them if needed, but honestly, i have just left them on the rifle haha. I have done it once, and it was pretty much back to zero when i put it back on (which is nice).

Just be careful, I made the mistake of over tightening some vertical screw rings and actually crushed a scope tube.

well, i bought it with the purpose of being able to swap them if needed, but honestly, i have just left them on the rifle haha. I have done it once, and it was pretty much back to zero when i put it back on (which is nice).

:s0155:

Just be careful, I made the mistake of over tightening some vertical screw rings and actually crushed a scope tube.

1" mount rings on a 30mm scope tube? Or correct size and flat out crushed it?

Whoa.... :eek:

1" mount rings on a 30mm scope tube? Or correct size and flat out crushed it?

Whoa.... :eek:

1" and 1". Crushed it. Honestly, I didn't even know it was possible. The scope is usable I think but has a nice indentation at both ring positions.

1" and 1". Crushed it. Honestly, I didn't even know it was possible. The scope is usable I think but has a nice indentation at both ring positions.

I guess you don't have to worry too much about lateral movement once it is locked in place.... haha :)

Still usable? I guess that's a good thing.

Thank you.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top