JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I've always just owned shotguns & handguns.

I recently got a new Browning BAR Mark II Safari w/BOSS (made years ago in Portugal- never once taken out of box). I plan on hunting deer with it.
Just bought Maven glass (RS.1) with Warne (7214M) rings.
I don't like the look of a picatinny rail on this beautiful rifle. I'd like to go with a weaver-style base.
My 3-part question is this: I dont HAVE to go with a picatinny do I? Which base/rail would y'all use and why?

Thanks to everyone who helps out.

These are the rings that Browning sells. They look like Talley makes them.
Not a huge fan of the look of Talleys, but they're better than putting a pic rail on that rifle.
Screen-Shot-11-26-21-at-09-16-AM.png
I like Redfield, Burris or Leupold rings for getting the job done and looking good while doing it.

Edit :
Type "Browning BAR with scope" into a Google search box.
Then choose "Images"
There you will see a multitude of BARs with various scope mounting solutions.
Then just click on whatever pic you like for more details.

Last Edited:
These are the rings that Browning sells. They look like Talley makes them.
Not a huge fan of the look of Talleys, but they're better than putting a pic rail on that rifle.
View attachment 1077415
I like Redfield, Burris or Leupold rings for getting the job done and looking good while doing it.

Edit :
Type "Browning BAR with scope" into a Google search box.
Then choose "Images"
There you will see a multitude of BARs with various scope mounting solutions.
Then just click on whatever pic you like for more details.
Thanks for your response.
I was told by a Maven rep that the Warne rings (7214M) were the go to.
Was I misled?
Should I return them and get one of the brands you mentioned or am I okay with the Warne?

Was I misled?
Should I return them and get one of the brands you mentioned or am I okay with the Warne?
Warne rings are the best in my opinion. However they are 1913 based. Or at least most of what they make are.

Was I misled?
I think it's a personal preference thing.
The Warne is well-respected ring, but it needs a separate base. (Weaver type or Picatinny)
Some rings are direct mount.
People will argue one way or the other.

Do that Image Search that I recommended.

The Warne is well-respected ring, but it needs a separate base.

Id like to stay with these rings but nobody seems to know which 'separate base' they need to mount to the rifle. As long as its not a picatinny I dont really care what specific base, you know? I just need this glass mounted proper & firm.
These Warne 7214M are not direct mount

Was I sold the wrong rings? Will these only work on a picatinny?
The 7214 are made for a 1913 rail. They are a heavier duty type ring.

1637949290885.jpeg
Leupold base is more elegant looking. So if cosmetics are what you are after. It might be a better fit. It looks like Leupold makes a one and two piece set for the BAR. So you have options. Then get the right height 30mm rings to go with whichever one you choose.

Id like to stay with these rings but nobody seems to know which 'separate base' they need to mount to the rifle. As long as its not a picatinny I dont really care what specific base, you know? I just need this glass mounted proper & firm.
If you want to stay with those rings, my recommendation would be to run a pic rail. That would be the most solid set up with those rings.

The Warne is well-respected ring, but it needs a separate base. (Weaver type or Picatinny)

Im getting 2 different answers from 2 people.
These Warne 7214M rings WILL or will NOT work with weaver-style base?

I've always just owned shotguns & handguns.

I recently got a new Browning BAR Mark II Safari w/BOSS (made years ago in Portugal- never once taken out of box). I plan on hunting deer with it.
Just bought Maven glass (RS.1) with Warne (7214M) rings.
I don't like the look of a picatinny rail on this beautiful rifle. I'd like to go with a weaver-style base.
My 3-part question is this: I dont HAVE to go with a picatinny do I? Which base/rail would y'all use and why?

Thanks to everyone who helps out.
If you want to up your game, looke at Conetrol bases and rings.
First class all the way.

Best,
Gary

Im getting 2 different answers from 2 people.
These Warne 7214M rings WILL or will NOT work with weaver-style base?
If you go to the Warne website you will see that they say that either type base will work with their rings.
Scope rings can be confusing because there are many choices, so take your time and pick out what is right for you.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top