JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Id take something like a SAR handgun over a glock, there are so many better pistols out there than a glock. But which model depends what you want it for? Carry? or just shooting at the range? home defense?
Glock is 20 years behind in ergonomics and features

preface: i am a 1911 guy. my duty gun and my happy place for years.

regarding the G19:
i'm not overly fond of the grip angle. the trigger is passable at best. and the whole striker fired thing is a big compromise.

that all said…
it's my favorite non-1911 pistol. goes "bang" every time. holds lots of bang in little package. parts are everywhere. basically maintenance free. super durable and light. excellent aftermarket support.

Personally not a Glock "fan", but I'd state the G22 is better than the G19. That's because the one I have is a G22! I also like the 40 better than the 9, but neither as much as the 45... Years ago I was looking at a Glock 21, but that frame sealed the deal to buy something else. OH, yeah, I like 1911's much better for several reasons. One of which is the trigger. I've never shot a Glock with any trigger upgrade, but every one I've shot didn't have nearly as good of a trigger as my Shield did. Don't know why they have to be so mushy. The grip angle doesn't bother me too much, as I grew up shooting a Ruger Standard 22 with a Luger like grip angle.
If I was looking for a gun in the G19 class, I'd bet you would fine me leaving the store with something else. Don't know what that would be, cuz I'm not shopping!

The Taurus G3 is a fantastic gun with great reliability, is less than half the cost, and ive seen it go thru a 2000 round test flawlessly. and it has a much better ergonomics than a glock

My daughter has the G19. Didn't like it for cancel carry. She went with the Sig 365 and likes it alot better. I carry the G43X when riding my HD. When driving a Springfield armory 10. It is all personal.

One thing Glock does better than anyone else is producing the same gun again and again but sometimes they slap a shiny, sightly higher number on one and people line up at the cash register

Well I'm pretty sure Slick Willie has your answer.

clinton.png

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads