JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I added a new Springfield semi-automatic pistol to my armory this week. I purchased an Echelon 9mm (my first nine) along with a nice green dot sight.

Right after I brought it home I installed the supplied 3 round extension to the 17 round magazine. They also provide a second magazine with a capacity of 20 rounds. I have two more 20-round magazines on the way.

Then I made a quick trip to the range and zeroed the iron sights. I was pleased with the trigger. It has a little take-up, a firm wall, a crisp break and a short reset with an audible and tactile click. The grip was a bit large but they provide two other backstraps with the firearm so changing it out was an easy task with no special parts needed.

The optic arrived the next day so I installed it, swapped out the large backstrap for the small one and gave it a light cleaning.

My next step will be to zero the optic which I will do next week.

Well, enough typing...here are some pics:

20240326_134334.jpg 20240326_133040.jpg 20240329_121330.jpg

Ok, but how'd it shoot? Can you recommend it to others?
No, I cannot make a recommendation one way or the other. I only put 10 rounds through it to zero the iron sights which is not enough time to fully explore it's capabilities.

I can say, in addition to a very nice trigger, that the texturing makes for a very positive grip. There is texturing everywhere where it makes sense to have it and on a couple of places that shows Springfield really gave it some thought.

The iron sights are excellent and I only had to drift the rear sight a little bit to get the windage right. We'll see how things go this week with the optic on it.

There is one other thing that remains to be seen and that is accuracy with different loads. I'll experiment with that later.

So, for now I am pleased but I need a bit more time behind the trigger before I can say Yay or Nay.

I added a new Springfield semi-automatic pistol to my armory this week. I purchased an Echelon 9mm (my first nine) along with a nice green dot sight.

Right after I brought it home I installed the supplied 3 round extension to the 17 round magazine. They also provide a second magazine with a capacity of 20 rounds. I have two more 20-round magazines on the way.

Then I made a quick trip to the range and zeroed the iron sights. I was pleased with the trigger. It has a little take-up, a firm wall, a crisp break and a short reset with an audible and tactile click. The grip was a bit large but they provide two other backstraps with the firearm so changing it out was an easy task with no special parts needed.

The optic arrived the next day so I installed it, swapped out the large backstrap for the small one and gave it a light cleaning.

My next step will be to zero the optic which I will do next week.

Well, enough typing...here are some pics:

View attachment 1854974 View attachment 1854975 View attachment 1854976
It looks like a fine boomerang.

Lol

No, I cannot make a recommendation one way or the other. I only put 10 rounds through it to zero the iron sights which is not enough time to fully explore it's capabilities.

I can say, in addition to a very nice trigger, that the texturing makes for a very positive grip. There is texturing everywhere where it makes sense to have it and on a couple of places that shows Springfield really gave it some thought.

The iron sights are excellent and I only had to drift the rear sight a little bit to get the windage right. We'll see how things go this week with the optic on it.

There is one other thing that remains to be seen and that is accuracy with different loads. I'll experiment with that later.

So, for now I am pleased but I need a bit more time behind the trigger before I can say Yay or Nay.
10 rounds? Don't you know its against the law to go to the range with a new toy and only fire 10 rounds? :s0140:
Does look nice, looking forward to how it shakes out when you can put some time on it.

I believe the Echelon is supposed to be Springfields answer to Sig's 320 fire control group with interchangeable everything else. It will be interesting to see what the aftermarket support will be like.

I always thought a grip with a 1913 style mount for a brace would be a cool accessory for someone to make!

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top