JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Okay that will be enough! No more fun/joking around!

We need to hit joe up for another forum that will be nothing but serious bizness. It could be an "Opt In Only" forum where any jokes or humor will be strictly forbidden.

Geeze guys, are we getting to low brow for you?

One thing that YOU guys don't have to contend with, mainly because of the RKBA, it that not even your gubmint can take your old guns away because you don't appear to be shooting them much - if at all.

I'll let YOU guys guess where there might be a place where you have to demonstrate actual use on a live-firing range of the guns that you are allowed to have so that the PTB can actually see that you are not simply hoarding guns for some reason without shooting them.

I'll also let you imagine where you have to log your guns in on the range attendance page of the club shooting logs, so that there is a written record, countersigned by the RCO of the day, that you actually DID have those guns with you to shoot.

I'll let you imagine that there is actually a place where, if you don't shoot a gun very much, it can be taken away from you, since you plainly have no use for it.

Guess where this might be?

I'll give you a clue - it starts with a 'UK' and ends with a 'K'.

tac

The older ones I own are some of my favorites. Very well built and have proven themselves for decades. Accuracy is great as well. My oldies will be staying to get passed on to their fourth generation. It's nice having something from a time when manufacturers truly cared about quality.

I have my great grandfathers Winchester 1892 chambered in 25-20 WCF from approximately 1904. It probably hasn't been fired since the 1960's; any recommendations for a trusted gunsmith in the PDX area for checking out an old lever action?

Shooters Service Center in St. John's is a good place to go. If he thinks it's beyond his scope and abilitlies he'll give a recommendation.

Shoot it! I have a 1910 Mauser C96, still shoots beautifully. I only wish I had an antique firearm that belonged to my grandpa. I have a state police S&W 686 he owned, but he bought that used in the mid-90s.

But definitely don't be afraid to take it to the range. An old gun that doesn't get shot might as well be an old clock on Antiques Road Show.

Shoot it! I have a 1910 Mauser C96, still shoots beautifully. I only wish I had an antique firearm that belonged to my grandpa. I have a state police S&W 686 he owned, but he bought that used in the mid-90s.

But definitely don't be afraid to take it to the range. An old gun that doesn't get shot might as well be an old clock on Antiques Road Show.

:s0122:

tac

IMAG0063.jpg IMAG0064.jpg

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR