JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I did. I'll have three, maybe five, with my evening beers.
Man, when I smoked, there was nothing like a coffee and a smoke, or a beer and a smoke. Good times.

It's just occurred to me that I haven't had a real craving in a few years now. It must have taken almost a decade for that to go away. I still enjoy the smell though.

Since I couldn't find any not made in China, I got the one made by Streamlight and I'm happy with it. It's bright, last really long, takes standard batteries, is tiny compared to my old lanterns and is very rugged.

Now that alone would make the rebuild worth it.

When I don't want to buy Chinese LED lights, I buy MagLite LED. And you can get diffuser caps for them to use them as a lantern, works super well.

I have also been retrofitting some of my older USA made flashlights with LED drop-ins and rechargeable batteries. I usually buy the warm-white LEDs and the flashlights still look like the old incan, except brighter and the batteries run far longer.

When I don't want to buy Chinese LED lights, I buy MagLite LED. And you can get diffuser caps for them to use them as a lantern, works super well.

I have also been retrofitting some of my older USA made flashlights with LED drop-ins and rechargeable batteries. I usually buy the warm-white LEDs and the flashlights still look like the old incan, except brighter and the batteries run far longer.
I will check out the diffuser, thanks! I've tried some LED kits and haven't gotten great results.

I will check out the diffuser, thanks! I've tried some LED kits and haven't gotten great results.
LED kits are hit or miss, for sure. And, they will never perform as well as an actual LED flashlight.

I sure do hate throwing away stuff, or disusing it, because of being "outdated". I mean, it was all good enough back then!

Speaking of Coleman, I've a white gas 2 burner stove that I need to service. A few years back it spewed fuel out of the pump area onto a wood camp bench and started a small fire. I'd like to get it going again, currently I have a propane conversion kit for it that works excellent, but I miss the whole effort of using it in it's original form.

LED kits are hit or miss, for sure. And, they will never perform as well as an actual LED flashlight.

I sure do hate throwing away stuff, or disusing it, because of being "outdated". I mean, it was all good enough back then!

Speaking of Coleman, I've a white gas 2 burner stove that I need to service. A few years back it spewed fuel out of the pump area onto a wood camp bench and started a small fire. I'd like to get it going again, currently I have a propane conversion kit for it that works excellent, but I miss the whole effort of using it in it's original form.
I have a polymer "L" shaped flashlight, patterned after the military one, that I've converted to LED. It's slightly brighter, better color, and it will run nonstop for literally a week now. Sure beats the dim, yellowish flashlights of my childhood. They ate batteries like they were candy. But it's not any brighter than a CREE running on a single AA battery.

If I'm not mistaken, there's a slotted thingy at the bottom of the pump tube that has a little bb size ball check valve. Look down there and get an appropriate size screwdriver and pull it out. I'm not sure there's anything that can go wrong with those other than a tiny piece of flotsam getting in that ball valve? Serious rust could rust the ball and cause it to stop sealing maybe? When I used mine I ALWAYS filled them through a Coleman filter funnel.

I don't know WHY they have to make these vids so long?

This is turning out OK.
Found a whole box of spare/replacement lantern and stove parts I had collected years ago.
The only parts I may need to acquire are gaskets for the fuel filler caps. U-Tube has great videos on breaking these things down to bits and pieces. Looks like they're staying here for repair.

Camper heading off for repair this week. Boat is scheduled in for 2 weeks from now. Everything will be back to 100% reliable.

I worked for 50 years. Now I just want to disappear to where ever when ever....

<- Check my picture.

You can do it yourself. It's pretty straight forward.

I have over 250 old Coleman lanterns alone, numerous stoves, lamps, Coleman Military spec. items, coolers and have refurnished them myself.
You can get the parts on line.

I'll post pictures when I get home of some of my rehabs.

This is a Coleman 200 lantern with nickel fount that I rehabbed.

ColemanCollection2346.jpg

ColemanCollection2350.jpg

ColemanCollection2355.jpg

ColemanCollection2356.jpg

ColemanCollection2371.jpg

ColemanCollection2373.jpg

ColemanCollection2374.jpg

Coleman%20Collection%20045.jpg

All those parts are available on line. They're not that hard, or expensive to work on. The generators, graphite washers, caps knobs. The tank being corroded/rusty is probably a no go, but barring that?
This was going to be my response. Coleman probably won't refurbish their old models, simply because it doesn't make money.

Neato. I've got a nice old double mantle Coleman lantern that I love. Sprang for a nice carry case for it years ago. I cast bullets on a much abused 2 burner Coleman stove.
I also have a little single mantle Suprax isobutane lantern that I got a $4 green bottle propane adapter for..

This was going to be my response. Coleman probably won't refurbish their old models, simply because it doesn't make money.
Coleman website indicates they will repair dual lamp lanterns from 1927 to present. Would imagine similar service for single mantle lamps as well.$55 USD. I thought it was a good bargain but it turns out I had all the spare/replacement parts in inventory....I don't even remember buying the spare parts.

Going to be satisfying to do the work myself.

Coleman model L220 lantern. Made in 1928 with original T88 generator.

This is the lantern I found in the scrap pile all in pieces.

It was missing the mica globe but I have a few spares I have picked up over the years.
I left the dent in the tank because It gives it "Character." 👍

ColemanCollection1026.jpg

ColemanCollection1955.jpg

ColemanCollection1951.jpg

ColemanCollection2075.jpg

ColemanCollection2057.jpg

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show