Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Where to buy suppressor in Southern Oregon?

Discussion in 'NFA Weapon Discussion' started by Benny503, Mar 8, 2011.

1. Benny503

Benny503 Grants Pass Well-Known Member

While I am waiting for my Form 1 coming back (ATF cashed me check) I am ready for more fun toys. I am looking at gemtech suppressor. I would like to buy a Blackside 45 with threaded 0.578-28 for the Glock 21, 1911 price at $740. Anther can is a Tundra for my glocks 9mm and my uzi threaded 1/2-28 price at $750. I look up on gem-tech website and found Roseburg Gun Shop is the closed gemtech dealer. Thanks to the feedbacks from this site I wont buy anything from RGS. Please let me know anyone around here that does gemtech dealer. TIA.

Oh and the dealer help me with trust fund also :) I have a lot of clients that is working at the Sheriff office, I dont want them to know I own NFA items.

2. sweetbeard

sweetbeard Beavertown OreGUN! New Member

You can use a 45 can on your 9mm's just sayin

3. fromotoc

fromotoc Downtown Portland, OR Member

You will probably get a better deal buying from a dealer in the Portland metro area, and driving up here to get it.

4. fromotoc

fromotoc Downtown Portland, OR Member

Also, you can probably get an Osprey for that price.

5. Benny503

Thanks sweetbeard, I like the idea but the threaded for the 45 is different then 9mm. I heard (online of course) that the adapter can sometime cause accident by being misalign. So I rather be safe.

6. techieguy

techieguy Well-Known Member

On Hwy 62 there is a a hole in the wall gun shop called Welborns Weapons who carries suppressors. I belive I have seen Gemtech's there, this not a place I frequent... the last time I was there I was looking for 10mm ammo which they had!

7. Benny503

Sorry I like them round :)

8. Benny503

Thanks but I cant find their contact info on google. Do you know what city Welborns Weapons belong to? That will help me narrow down the search for info. Thanks, Benny

9. scooter

scooter Medford, OR Member

Welburn's Weapons 541-826-2999

10. Benny503

Yup, I called them and talked to them. They dont have it in stock, now I have to drive there to get a quote from them.

11. Benny503

BTW: They are not doing Trustee, I have to do it myself. It's easy to do a Trusted Fund?

12. Benny503

13. sweetbeard

sweetbeard Beavertown OreGUN! New Member

Dude get an osprey and get 9mm and 45 pistons.. think ahead hombre

14. WhitneyPrecision

WhitneyPrecision Lane County Member

PM Sent Benny.

15. Abiqua

Abiqua Oregon Active Member

You can also buy from an out of state dealer and have it shipped to your local dealer for transfer. I paid under $700 shipped for my Osprey and my local dealer only charges $30 for the transfer.
    The two quietest .45 suppressors on the market are the Osprey and the Advanced Armament Ti-Rant. If you want round get the Ti-Rant. I use the 45Osprey on my .45 USP and 9mm P9S with a quick piston change. It is amazingly quiet on the USP, I'm especially impressed with some handloads I made up of 230gr RN over 5.0gr of VihtaVuori N320.
    The Blackside is loud, I would not recommend it unless size is the deciding factor.

16. MCKilo 3/5

MCKilo 3/5 Central, OR Member

Hey man, The Roseburg Gun Show was last weekend. Jeremy Mackey was there and sells what you are looking for. Can reach him @ 541-350-3473 he's very knowledgable. Check him out.