JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Good Day Y'all. Noob Gun owner here. Just bought 2 new guns but can't find enough ammo to take them out to breakin. Was wondering where is a good safe and expensive place online to buy ammo.
Check out the classifieds here first and if you can't find what you need, keep an eye on r/gundeals. The deals linked there go quick but the members there often find some of the best deals.

All the sites online wants double the original price. Most gun stores aint even putting out ammo instead putting them on sites for auction or in classifieds to make more money. Now if only we could buy straight from the manufacturers like federal ammo there wouldnt be no shortage. Well maybe there would be but their wouldnt be no price gouging atleast

All the sites online wants double the original price. Most gun stores aint even putting out ammo instead putting them on sites for auction or in classifieds to make more money. Now if only we could buy straight from the manufacturers like federal ammo there wouldnt be no shortage. Well maybe there would be but their wouldnt be no price gouging atleast
You can. I ordered some 22lr ammo direct from CCI but the price wasn't great. But better than some places and they had it in stock.

For firearms hungry with nothing to eat...

Ammoseek.com is a meta-search engine that updates on the reg. the cheapest ammo being offered from online retailers.

One must factor in shipping costs; as some are more expensive than others. It is obviously more economical to purchase bulk amounts.

Gunbuyer.com has 300 rds 'battle packs' of PMC brass 9mm for $199(+shipping). Granted, one could purchase 1000 rds for that amount(shipping included) @ pre-Covid prices.

J&G Sales has 1000 rd cases of S&B 9mm @ $669(+ shipping).

Those are among the best prices atm online for factory-new brass 9mm.

(Brass)45 acp is $.70 CPR (and up) presently.

Prices are obviously extremely inflated at 3X+ (what is/was considered normal) atm, but it is what it is. I've been fortunate in not having to need to purchase any ammo for a few years now. I employed the oft given advice of: "When it's cheap, stack it deep".

A couple of my main go-to online ammo retailers in the past were TargetSportsUSA and SGAmmo, but unfortunately for those currently in need; neither seems to have been able to keep much in stock in recent times. Sign up for SGAmmo notifications. They'll email you when they get limited stock in, but one better be 'Quick Draw McGraw'; 'cause it gets snatched up quick.

Another option is to try your luck on GunBroker auctions, but with such heavy demand; the recent hammer prices have been at or very near the best prices being offered from online retailers.

Good luck. I'm not envious of those looking to buy ammo right now.

I could remember yesterday when I saw prices for .22 were hovering around 8 cents a round. By yesterday I mean last year and prices hadn't hit that all time high yet. Ammoseek.com is everyone's frienemy. Bit more than a joke for me since I watched rounds climb in price to not even being available. Then came back because the demand drove prices up. CTD and Ammo.com are the ones that really stuck into my head for those Over-the-f**cking moon prices.

What comes with demand, comes those prices but just when you think they went "criminal", people bought them because they thought that prices would be high are just a new 'normal'. These are folks who probably never owned a firearm in their life and didn't take in aspects that buying ammo for the 8 guns they bought would send the ammo companies just trying to fulfill orders. They aren't doing anything extra and won't change that. We'll have ammo when we stop buying it so quickly.

Don't forget to ask people you know. One guy had his mother's stash from her Highway Patrol days. He didn't shoot but was glad to get rid of it. Check old school sporting goods or out of the way feed stores as well.

If you really need ammo either pay the price or give up your days off and hit the road looking for it. Or just call places if that's what you're into.

You can buy some stuff direct. Price is so high few will bother. There is a reason for this. The places making it "could" sell it at the price it was going for a year ago and make money. What few can get their head around is what it would take to do this. They would have to set up an entire new department just to handle the sales and shipping. This would not be a few people, it would be a HUGE undertaking and VERY expensive. The ammo would be sold as fast as they make it. So now instead of pallets of ammo loaded in trucks it would be an army of workers packing cases of ammo to ship. Now what happens when the pipe line fills and people stop buying? They have to lay off all those workers and close most of that new building they made to do this. All this is taxed along the way too. Its the same reason they do not just build a new plant and double production. As soon as they did they would have to shut it down since and they would be out huge money. This panic, like all the ones before will end when the pipe line fills. Then most will go back to sleep and ignore the shelves full of ammo on sale. Until the next one. :s0092:

Should have bought some from the person you bought the new guns from.

that should be the new standard; buy a firearm and it comes with ammo.

anyone old enough to remember when you could buy a horse without shoes?:s0133:

Very few sell directly to the consumers. Most only sell to retailers. Retailers wouldnt be able to price gouge as we would be able to buy the same product for the same price as them.
Except that manufacturers don't sell to retailers. They sell in HUGE volume to distributors, who in turn sell to retailers at wholesale prices in LARGE volumes. Unless you are buying huge or large volumes, you won't get the lower prices. And if the manufacturer decides to offer to sell direct to consumers, they will wind up charging even more than the retailers, since they would need to make a large investment in personnel, training and equipment to do so. Just be patient, eventually prices will rise to the point where supply will equal demand and the products will once again be on the shelves. Not sure what the new "normal" prices will be, but quite confident we will NEVER see 2019 prices again.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top