Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Where to buy 550 paracord?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by PlayboyPenguin, Apr 26, 2012.

1. PlayboyPenguin

PlayboyPenguin Pacific Northwest Well-Known Member 2016 Volunteer

Does anyone know a place locally to purchase 550 paracord?

2. JackFrost

JackFrost Central Oregon Active Member

AndyNBax on SE Grand Ave in PDX. Not sure if that is local enough for you though.

3. Gun Mechanic

Gun Mechanic Portland Active Member

Andy and Bax in Portland sells if for about $8/50 feet, in lots of pretty colors. Ebay is the cheapest I've found it for about $6/50 feet shipped to my door.

4. M67

M67 NW Oregon Active Member

Ebay has the cheapest paracord i have found, and you can get it in any color or length you want.

M67

5. RedneckRampage

RedneckRampage Newberg Well-Known Member

If you go to Andy and Bax, be prepared for all the hipsters buying old Russian sailor shirts and coats, it's the in thing now!

6. t.huynh

t.huynh vancouver, wa Active Member

Hipster douches are ruining the world.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

7. Asp

Asp Oregon, the promise land. Active Member

Gunshows usually have it.

8. M67

M67 NW Oregon Active Member

Spend your money anywhere but "Andy and Bax". A Bubblegum store, with Bubblegum employees!

I am a photographer and carry my gear everywhere i go. I went into Andy and Bax, and the Bubblegum employee behind the counter say's i'd have to leave my $4000.00 + worth of camera gear with him. I told him sure, if you give me a receipt for every item in the bag. The employee got all upset with me, and i left with the $400.00 i would have spent at the store.

Like i said i carry my gear every where i go, and Andy and Bax, has been the "only" store to ever give me a problem.

Shop on Ebay, you can get as much paracord as you want, even by the 500' spool, and you won't have to deal with the stooges at Andy and Bax!

M67

9. PlayboyPenguin

PlayboyPenguin Pacific Northwest Well-Known Member 2016 Volunteer

Thanks for the input guys. I actually managed to find some at Portland Preparedness Center over on Glisan. I wish I had not gone in there now because now I am bitten with the food prepping bug. I am going back next week and order a few months worth of emergency food.

10. darkminstrel

darkminstrel PDX Well-Known Member

Nowhere local sells it cheaply as it should be. A&B used to have a good selection of colours but now they stock a pittance in comparison.

Barre Army/Navy sells cheaply online and is a good small business. Different state, but still good.

11. ATCclears

ATCclears Seattle area, WA Well-Known Member

12. ArBrnSnpr

ArBrnSnpr PNW Active Member

Most of the Surplus stores in Tilicom, across I-5 from Joint Base Lewis McChord sell it. I bought a 500' spool there about a year ago for $30. I also bought a 250' spool of 7/16" triple strand, right hand lay rappel rope there. Cut myself 2 65' double rappel lines with double anchor points, and 1 95' line - useful stuff to have!

13. nwwoodsman

nwwoodsman Vernonia Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter 2015 Volunteer

Picked some up at the Cabelas in Lacey, think it was $15 for 100 feet. Cheaper on amazon