Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Where the hell are the moderators?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Ironbar, Dec 22, 2012.

1. Ironbar

Ironbar Tigard, OR Well-Known Member

I'm getting a bit tired of the joke threads in the classifieds. Can we please get a thread cleanup and delete some of this crap?

2. Sincere

Sincere Between Cascadia and Jefferson Active Member

To be fair...

I'm pretty sure that they actually own the gun they are advertising (although obviously sardonically) and would actually sell it if somebody wanted it for that price.

To that effect, they are legitimate ads.

3. MountainBear

MountainBear Sweet Home, OR Well-Known Member

Is the joke the people with 10 posts suddenly showing up selling PMags for $60 or the people actually buying them or those people mocking them?

Sounds like three correct answers to me...

Grunwald, pyromancer, dave and 3 others like this.
  4. 22many

22many PNW Well-Known Member

Really? Cause I'm getting tired of seeing the classifieds plugged up with everybodys overpriced AR15s!

However, I have added about 20 members to my ignore list so far....

5. MountainBear

I hadn't considered that approach. Might have to try that...

6. 22many

22many PNW Well-Known Member

I figure when I sell something then the price gougers won't be able to make money off of me. Would rather have whatever I sell go to actual shooters or people that won't try to screw people when the opportunity arises.

7. HappyRoman

HappyRoman Sherwood Forest Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

inflated pricing, or not, the large retailers/mailorder houses have not stock, out of stock, most with no-back order...
    I place a multicase order last weekend for powder and got an email reply today that they are out till next year, closing early for holidays, and try reordering next year , merry xmas...

Thus I would say asking verses getting is still Econ 101..

8. slingshot1943

slingshot1943 salem or Well-Known Member

This is the result of free ads. Most people wouldn't waste their cash on unlikely priced ads.

9. mkwerx

mkwerx Forest Grove, OR Well-Known Member

A bit off topic - but Fisherman's Marine in Tigard had *some* powder left on their shelves, along with brass in some rifle and pistol calibers. I'm not a reloader, so I can't tell you exactly what powders, but they had jars of powder none the less.

10. james83

james83 beaverton oregon I'am feeling fat and sassy

everyone chill out -relax there will be no ban. If there was a ban it would be war and the national guard would throw the gates to the arms dumps open for WE THE PEOPLE and then we will have all the p-mags and explosives we need

11. Garg

Garg east of portland metro Hold my beer..... watch this Bronze Supporter

The old retard trifecta

12. 4Freedom

4Freedom Boise, Idaho Well-Known Member

Looking at Gunbroker, $60 doesn't even seem like a joke anymore.. What a sad state our country has become..

13. MountainBear

It still seems like a joke. But then again, I'm not hurting for magazines. If I was, you would be right...

14. WhyteCheddar

WhyteCheddar East of Moscow by the Willamette Well-Known Member

way too much thread crapping going on. All it does it keep the jacked up posts at the top... If people want to slam the seller than send them a pm and dont bury everyone elses legit ad under all the junk.
    I agree that there is a lot of blown out pricing and it sucks, but keeping those posts bumped is not good. Although they can be entertaining to read.

15. pokerace

pokerace Newberg Well-Known Member

It shouldnt be bumjping the adds,I thought the op was the only one that could bump.

16. Mikej

Mikej Portland Gold Supporter Gold Supporter 2015 Volunteer 2016 Volunteer

A bunch of you miss all the discussion months ago about the "Illegal" bumping and the remedy brought about by our fearless leader? Where you been?

I see all kinds of garbage posted here all the time. I use the scroll wheel, or that little slide bar on right side of the screen to pass right on by.

Pee and moan, pee and moan.

17. mattdomes

mattdomes Newberg Active Member

Maybe you should have to be a contributor ($$$) to the site to post ads... Anyone can read them but only members can post. I like that, make some money for NWF out of all the noobs posting ads :cigar:

18. mort777

mort777 Kelso, WA New Member

I've always wandered what would happen in the case of civil war. Would the military follow our so called leaders orders or stand behind American citizens. I wander when we will be on the news in other countries showing our discontent for our joke of a government.

19. nwo

nwo Southern Oregon Well-Known Member

Where are the MODS anyway? Vacation?

20. drew

drew OR Well-Known Member

I've seen posts from a few mods and the site owner today over the last couple of days.