JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

Where on your waist do you carry your strong side holster?

• 1:00 - front side is strong side

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 1:30 - I'm an appendix man!

Votes: 1 3.1%
  • 2:00 - Right on my hip

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 2:30 - slightly front of strong side

Votes: 4 12.5%
  • 3:00 - pure strong side for me

Votes: 2 6.3%
  • 3:30 - slightly back of strongside

Votes: 24 75.0%
  • 4:00 - closing in on SOB territory

Votes: 1 3.1%

• Total voters
Reactions
Hello all,

I am a 3:30 kind of a guy for strong side carry. I would wear closer to 3:00, but I carry IWB and that seems to be too uncomfortable. I was talking with a friend who was carrying at 1:00 very high. I tried it, but found it uncomfortable without carry very high.

So, where do you carry on your waist and why?

12:00 is at the center of your belly button, 6:00 is at your backside, and 3:00 is your strong side...

I'm a lefty and would call it 8:30. I think that would be the opposite of 3:30. Anyway, I'd like to know how some guys wear the gun on the hip or more forward than that. At least with an iwb holster that is extremely uncomfortable to me. My hip is in the way. My skin and bones construction doesn't have much contour. Maybe that's just me though.

IWB just near my right hand wallet pocket. I figure if I'm getting robbed, or mugged, I can say, " ok, ok, hold on, let me get my wallet." Hopefully draw fast enough to beat em. Also rides ok in the car. Doesn't pattern there, because my belly roll kinda helps blend it.

I've been experimenting with anywhere from 2:00-4:00 and found the 3:30 is the most comfortable for sitting. I also like it because the muzzle sort of locks my wallet into my back pocket.

3:30 maybe as far back as 4:00. I'm kind of a scrawny guy. If it's too far forward, it digs in to my bones. Too far back and it pokes me when I'm sitting.

Most righties carry near 3:30 (8:30 for lefties) because it's the optimal "soft spot" between the forward and rearward protrusions of the pelvis. There are always exceptions.

i voted 3:30 because that's where i've done 95% of my CC'ing.. but i've actually recently moved to an almost exactly 3 o'clock/forward cant position with this new glock 17 i'm carrying IWB these days. the long, skinny slide fits between my greater tracanture and ***-cheek perfectly.. doesn't move/shift/chafe, and i'd a better/faster draw.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top