JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Of the dozens of times I have flown with firearms, I have only encountered a handful of TSA agents who I would classify as "pro gun".
So to read in the article, the thoughts of a TSA agent,
"The vast majority of people who bring guns to checkpoints claim that they forgot that they had their guns with them. Last year, 83 percent of the firearms brought to airports were loaded, so that means people were telling us that they forgot that they had a loaded gun with them," Lisa Farbstein, a TSA spokeswoman, told Newsweek. "If you own a firearm, you need to know where it is at all times."
It seems pretty apparent, this is a person who does not normally carry.
I regularly pat mine to make sure it's there, because I cannot feel it anymore, it seems so natural. I can attest, in the rush to get to the airport, I have forgotten that I'm wearing my side-arm, forgotten knives and leatherman tools.
Thank heavens I seldom know where my cat is.

When I lived in Portland, I'd leave my gun in my lunchbox in the trunk under dirty wrappers. Out of habit, I almost brought my lunchbox with me to the airport.

For a long time CHL, it does become a natural part of the outfit.

I was carrying when I went to the airport out of habit, it's a good thing that I have my TSA approved case in my luggage. I generally park up against the wall if there is a spot. So, I packed my pistol, removed my holster and then walked to entrance.

Clsest I have ever come to this was at the Frankfurt Airport in 2003 (talk about insane security) I forgot I had my swiss army knife with me getting ready to come home. With no way to get it into my checked bag and not wanting to lose it. I ran around the airport and found a small box from a perfume store then paid more then the damn knife was worth to mail it to myself via German Post (took 2 weeks after we got home for it to show up).

Then spent an hour watching some idiot rub a Q tip on everyone of my 85 rolls of film and feed them into an explosives sniffing machine. Then when we got on the plane they had the wife sitting 14 rows behind me. Wouldn't allow us to move said there was no way for us to sit next to each other. I'll never fly Lufthansa Airlines again.

Guns, those aren't dangerous.

You should have seen the stuff go down when my wife tried bringing breast milk through security. My smart arse remarks may have contributed to our hour long detainment.

Clsest I have ever come to this was at the Frankfurt Airport in 2003 (talk about insane security) I forgot I had my swiss army knife with me getting ready to come home. With no way to get it into my checked bag and not wanting to lose it. I ran around the airport and found a small box from a perfume store then paid more then the damn knife was worth to mail it to myself via German Post (took 2 weeks after we got home for it to show up).

Then spent an hour watching some idiot rub a Q tip on everyone of my 85 rolls of film and feed them into an explosives sniffing machine. Then when we got on the plane they had the wife sitting 14 rows behind me. Wouldn't allow us to move said there was no way for us to sit next to each other. I'll never fly Lufthansa Airlines again.
Things had relaxed considerably by the time I flew in and out of Frankfurt in 2007. Still, I thought it bizarre, deplaning a wide body jumbo onto the tarmac, many of the passengers still drunk from the flight.

For a long time CHL, it does become a natural part of the outfit.

I was carrying when I went to the airport out of habit, it's a good thing that I have my TSA approved case in my luggage. I generally park up against the wall if there is a spot. So, I packed my pistol, removed my holster and then walked to entrance.
Yup.

I was detained in MIami for having a Makita 9.6v stick battery in my carry on. They delayed the flight, and pulled my baggage, which had my drill in it, and made me show them that it actually was a battery for the drill, because I refused to throw it away.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top