JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Bravo Company apparently is one vendor that is trying to keep their pricing close to the same. Their products sell out the minute they are listed. Luckily, I bought a BCG from them a month ago to have a spare.

Their notice:

Please Note: High demand items like, Standard Capacity AR15 Magazines, Bolt Carrier Groups, Upper Receiver Groups, etc, will sell out again in only minutes.

Those MD20 prices are crazy.. Looks like the gougers love banking on the drums.. I know there is a certain type of appeal of drums with a potential Hi Cap ban, especially one that holds 20rds of 12ga.. I regret now that I never bought any drums, I even saw them priced as low as $80 for the MD20 drums a while back.. Oh well.. One store I know says it may be getting more in stock soon for $100, I may want to jump on it.. But, who knows if they will really come back into stock. I always wanted an MD20 mag for my Saiga, but just never made the investment.

Bought my S12 for $650 4 years ago during the '08 election of all times.. Now, they are going for no less than like $1k for unconverted Saigas.

Not as bad as the Colts.. The Magpul furnished Colts were selling at Wholesale Sports for $1175 last week, now they are averaging $3k a piece on Gunbroker. Put some magpul furniture on it and you can see it for as high as $5k. Since, the AR-15 is the liberals model of the "evil rifle", I suppose the Colt will be the mother of all "evil rifles". Certainly, one you would want to get before the ban.

I'll tell you about the 94 ban. Many of us did not think it was going to happen. Talk at gun shows (we did not have internet) was they can't get it past congress. IT was all brought on by a school yard shooting 6 dead if i remember correctly . Not like the shootings we have had during the past 6 months its far worse now. and the out cry from the antis and media is much louder . If they can find a way even a unconstitutional way they will do it . Slick Willy did. The gov wanted gun bans but how could they get the majority of America to want it or at least look like they want it. Well it looks like they want it now. I don't personally believe what they are saying. Some of you can keep saying its not gonna happen i hope your right but i doubt it.

During the 94 ban we had far less preban mags maybe 1 preban mag to every 100 current no ban mag maybe 10 times more ar15 owners but there was never a shortage of preban mags . they sold for $12 each ,a NIW teflon coated mag it would cost $20. There was a ware house with 100,000 NIW preban teflon mags holding them keeping the prices up to $20 they naturally dumped them when they heard word that Bush was going to let the ban sunset.

ITS THE STOCKING UP THAT IS CAUSING THE HIGH PRICES. THERE IS NO SHORTAGE OF MAGS OR LOWER RECEIVERS AND UNLESS THE GOV TAKES THEM AWAY THER NEVER WILL BE. There is a shortage of bolt carrier groups and other certain parts that translates into a lot of incomplete rifles

Preban lower receivers were worth $800-$1000 each and a complete PREBAN colt Ar15 carbine would cost on average $1800 others around $1200-1500 . The most expensive preban ar15 was a Colt tactical carbine serial # 1-184 since there were only 184 that were produced before the ban started and they were the first A3 carbine to be produced for the civilian market they went as high as $4500
but keep in mind we had far less prebans during that time as we do now.

Receivers had to be built into complete rifles prior to the the enactment of the ban to be considered preban so unlike the video above stated just having a stripped receiver did not cut it for resale. The more valuable lowers were colts because prior to the ban colt never sold a stripped receiver . Eagle and Bushmaster were also very valuable because they were easy to confirm .

Hoarders and panic is whats gonna drive prices high . People learned form the last ban to get it before it comes so the craze caused by guys in that video above stating get those p mags cause they will be worth $100 are probably setting on a couple thousand themselves are telling people to stock up and hoard cause they will only go up in value and you won't be able to own them again are wrong .

You gamble by buying them at the inflated prices and gamble if you don't who knows what the new ban is gonna look like. i have speculations but so do most of you.

I remember when 7.62x39 ammo was $89 at gun shows $59 mail order per thousand ( This was only 6-7 years ago) . I remember vividly being at the gun show with $2000 in my wallet and seeing 2 pallets full of 7.62x39 at $109 per case and thinking i am gonna wait for it to come back down in price then it peaked at $350 less than a year later

But I also did not think Bush was going to let the AWB sunset because the rumor was he was going to sign it back in and i held onto my prebans just in case.

I have learned a lot since then.

So their is no telling whats gonna happen just a lot of speculation . I think there are some super crazy post some of them must just be jokes some just seeing what they can get and they are really getting nothing and if they are well good for them . I even thought about posting some but i wont cause what if i can't get em again that would suck. So you gamble by selling your fire arms as well . IF the prices don't come back down and a new AWB comes out that prohibits you from buying a AW well your out of the black rifle club for ever.

I am saddened to see what's happening on the boards. I see a lot of over priced stuff but if its really over priced then its just gonna sit and that person is going to miss a opportunity to sale something and make a little extra cash because they went over the top. and the rants are just sickening
because its just a bunch of angry guys that are angry cause they missed out. And guys that will grip about a price and then you check their profile to only find they have inflated prices too. or that they feel they need to hoard as well because they believe a ban is coming so they are mad that they can't

And say a guy goes and post a 3 month ago price someone is only gonna jump on it and post at todays price so why not let the original owner post it at a mark up.

The prices on gunbroker are not set by the sellers its set by the buyers so no one is price gouging is someone is willing to offers to pay the price.

I personally believe but could be wrong that the prices will drop like it did with ammo but not as low as it was . IF a ban is passed they will sky rocket then come back down some and settle. If they can't get a ban to pass expect some super good deals on the way.

anger and frustration would be better used and directed at those who impose the AWB to keep this from happening . DO you want to end this? spend time writing your congressman . representatives and JOE BIDEN and OBummer . Direct it at the problem.

Some of you guys spend way too much time here and really need to get a life i know i do.

With the ammount of companies producing stripped lowers and the saturation of the market, how could they verify a strippped reciever has been built into a rifle? Is there already a step involved requiring a reciever be documented as being built? The market is completely different than it was in 94 so it is hard to say where it goes.

ITs all speculation right now . Even during the 94 ban it was up to the gov to prove it was not assembled prior to the enactment date.

however during the ban i bought a sold to me as a "preban" Oly receiver i wanted to verify so i had to pay oly to do a record search (this was before their fire) and they sent me a letter stating that the receiver was produced in 1991 3 years before the ban but was sold to a dealer in november of 1994 2 months after the enactment of the ban as a stripped receiver so it was a post ban lower and could not be assembled into a so called "assault weapon"

How does an individual go about proving a reciever baught, is now complete? Just a matter of going to an ffl and having them adjust what is described in the registration?

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads