JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
The is a Steven's 520 receiver. I'm turning it a glorified paper weight. All the research I've done leads be to demilling (cutting in to 3 chinks) which is not an option for me. I'm going for table art.
I have done the following to prevent it for ever being functional again (In red). 1) removed the tang, losing its ability to mount a stock and 1 trigger screw. 2) plug welded the other 4 trigger holes in the receiver. 3) welded in a mounting plate, which blocks the ability of installing a trigger or bolt. 4) welded the receiver to prevent a barrel being installed

I feel I've taken reasonable steps to make it non functional.

Have I dont enough? or is my dog about to get shot?

20200508_140233.jpg 20200508_140212.jpg

@madmax I personally think you are giving .gov way too much credit. I would have used it as a paperweight in its natural form.

@madmax I personally think you are giving .gov way too much credit. I would have used it as a paperweight in its natural form.
^^This

At home sure, but plan to take it to work. Last thing I need is a pook ntnin the future, some mouth breather causing trouble.
^^If there is even a question then don't take it to work. I don't have that problem, guns float around my place of work regular like, from the owner on down, but if I didn't no one know of the firepower in their midst.

Back in the day, all deactivating consisted of was, welding the barrel to the frame and welding a tapered
plug inside the barrel. :(
With a stripped receiver only, (not an AR) why would that be any different than having a 10" barrel on your desk.
Oh, I know, that would constitute an SBR.:rolleyes:

@Capn Jack In high school ROTC we had round 100 demilled M1s. Bolt was functional. Trigger came out. Had a really nice rattle for drill. But underneath the furniture it was a horror show. Bottom side of the barrel was cut wide open with a torch. Other bits were welded.

I would say if you can't install a trigger and you can't install a barrel, you're darn close. Maybe a hidden bead within the receiver to prevent a bolt from successfully being installed, too? I mean, if it's impossible to install anything on it, I would probably consider it pretty demilled. ATF of course, has the final say. And if you get in that much trouble over a receiver at work that the ATF needs to get involved, well.......

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top