JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
The is a Steven's 520 receiver. I'm turning it a glorified paper weight. All the research I've done leads be to demilling (cutting in to 3 chinks) which is not an option for me. I'm going for table art.
I have done the following to prevent it for ever being functional again (In red). 1) removed the tang, losing its ability to mount a stock and 1 trigger screw. 2) plug welded the other 4 trigger holes in the receiver. 3) welded in a mounting plate, which blocks the ability of installing a trigger or bolt. 4) welded the receiver to prevent a barrel being installed

I feel I've taken reasonable steps to make it non functional.

Have I dont enough? or is my dog about to get shot?

20200508_140233.jpg 20200508_140212.jpg

@madmax I personally think you are giving .gov way too much credit. I would have used it as a paperweight in its natural form.

@madmax I personally think you are giving .gov way too much credit. I would have used it as a paperweight in its natural form.
^^This

At home sure, but plan to take it to work. Last thing I need is a pook ntnin the future, some mouth breather causing trouble.
^^If there is even a question then don't take it to work. I don't have that problem, guns float around my place of work regular like, from the owner on down, but if I didn't no one know of the firepower in their midst.

Back in the day, all deactivating consisted of was, welding the barrel to the frame and welding a tapered
plug inside the barrel. :(
With a stripped receiver only, (not an AR) why would that be any different than having a 10" barrel on your desk.
Oh, I know, that would constitute an SBR.:rolleyes:

@Capn Jack In high school ROTC we had round 100 demilled M1s. Bolt was functional. Trigger came out. Had a really nice rattle for drill. But underneath the furniture it was a horror show. Bottom side of the barrel was cut wide open with a torch. Other bits were welded.

I would say if you can't install a trigger and you can't install a barrel, you're darn close. Maybe a hidden bead within the receiver to prevent a bolt from successfully being installed, too? I mean, if it's impossible to install anything on it, I would probably consider it pretty demilled. ATF of course, has the final say. And if you get in that much trouble over a receiver at work that the ATF needs to get involved, well.......

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top