Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

What's YOUR plan?

Discussion in 'Legal & Political Archive' started by Dave Workman, Oct 3, 2015.

1. Dave Workman

Dave Workman Western Washington Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

‘Gun violence’ rhetoric increases; UCC killer committed suicide

Saturday’s Seattle Times included an editorial about preventing so-called “gun violence,” touting a proposed “pilot prevention project” that reportedly will include assistance for gunshot wound survivors, while some 300 miles away in Roseburg, Oregon, a press conference revealed that the Umpqua Community College shooter committed suicide.

http://www.examiner.com/article/gun-violence-rhetoric-increases-ucc-killer-committed-suicide

2. Oathkeeper1775

Oathkeeper1775 Coast Range Well-Known Member

My 3-fold plan is to the best of my ability;

Avoid the so-called gun-free zones, boycott businesses who support liberal politicians (democrats), and never let my guard down except when sleeping.

Conduct myself accordingly in this politically-balkanized society.

Support my local sherrif and first responders, be self sufficient and be prepared as much as possible, support O.F.F., support conservative businesses an politicians.

3. The Heretic

The Heretic Oregon Well-Known Member

The only thing I would add to that is:

1) I am disinclined to buy more firearms in a state where private transactions require the government getting involved.

2) I am considering how, once I retire, to be a resident of another state, while still keeping my property here in Oregon, and what state would be the best for my purposes. My parents did it for about a decade to avoid income tax.

4. 41Slinger

41Slinger Harrisburg Oregon Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

The best defense is a good offence. If mass shooters (cowards) don't know who or how many people could possibly be armed at the site they want to commit their evil acts it then becomes much harder for them to proceed because truthfully they are really cowards and so hopefully they just shoot themselves alone in their bedroom at their moms apartment saving all of us the horror of their supposed evil intentions, however if they do decide to proceed with their evil plans and say four of five of us just F--KING kill them, then again, a very simple solution. What's the problem ?

blackadder and Stomper like this.
  5. Stomper

Stomper Oceania Rising White Is The New Brown Silver Supporter

Shocking, extreme, and concentrated violence of action... that's my plan if ever I'm faced with something like this.

Oathkeeper1775, svxr8dr and 41Slinger like this.
  6. boogerhook

boogerhook Seattle Well-Known Member

The most effective, short term, would be to harden our defenses. Access to schools via metal detectors and armed guards. Similar to court houses, airports, federal buildings ...

Other than that, support Elizabeth's bill 1433 ...

Slobray likes this.
  7. Just Jim

Just Jim Well-Known Member

I have a plan:D we take the 2+ billion a year spent to protect our politicions and spend it protecting our schools. Of course it would make the politicions live "gun free" lives but that is what they want our schools to do.

8. boogerhook

boogerhook Seattle Well-Known Member

Interesting blog from 2013

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2013/01/09/1177623/-OK-why-not-imbed-RFID-chips-in-ALL-guns

Not sure I would want private businesses to put up gun free zones, but for those areas that are statutory gun free zones, this might work better than just putting up a sign. Also you would not want the general public to run around with readers and detect your EDC - so the info would have to be encrypted.

They also make detection systems now that identify guns and bombs by shape and other information without contact.

http://brijot.com/

Maybe we can convince the NSA to use the spying capabilities to detect pre-incident indicators (PINS). Many of the mass shooters communicate about their grandiose plans ahead of time, mostly via social media and message boards.

Overall, I am of the opinion we should get rid of all gun legislation and concentrate on the human element. After all it's not "gun violence" but rather "brain violence".

Oathkeeper1775, erudne and DuneHopper like this.
  9. Brigadier

Brigadier WA Member

My plan?

IGNORE THE SIGN

evltwn, Stomper, erudne and 1 other person like this.
  10. USMC-03

USMC-03 Moscow on the Willamette (i.e. Portland, Oregon) Well-Known Member

I'm going to stay focused on correcting the biggest problem at the root - advocate for an Article 5 Convention of States.

11. Just Jim

Just Jim Well-Known Member

The left won't follow the laws so why look to change them?

Slobray and Brigadier like this.
  12. Deebow

Deebow Portland Well-Known Member

Pretty simple plan really; IGNORE THE SIGN. :cool:

There is no policy or plan that is going to have the immediacy of effectiveness that my STITF plan (Shoot Them In The Face) is going to have in dealing with incidents like this that might happen around me.

The STITF plan is 100 percent effective in stopping an outbreak of evil anywhere in my immediate vicinity. It does not require anything more complicated than that.

Does the sheepdog care what the sheep think of him?

Last edited: Oct 5, 2015
  13. ThePhonMan

ThePhonMan Spokanistan Gold Supporter Gold Supporter

I had an interesting chat with a psychiatrist acquaintance. His solution: Stop sensationalizing each event!!!

He cited a concerted effort in the late 80’s and early 90’s by medical professionals when the media was sensationalizing teen suicides. The medical folks did a full-court press to try to stop the wall-to-wall coverage of every suicide, the background stories, the non-stop “this is an epidemic” tone of every incident, etc. He claims the result (once the media finally agreed) was a dramatic decrease in “teen suicide clusters” that tended to coincide with the media coverage ebb and flow.

Sound like a solid plan. If the media, the White House and the various Bloomin-idiot groups really do care… stop making each event a media and fundraising circus that just begets more of the same result.

Sounds like it's long past time we started using the “it’s for the children” guilt trip on the anti’s.

blackadder and Brigadier like this.
  14. USMC-03

USMC-03 Moscow on the Willamette (i.e. Portland, Oregon) Well-Known Member

Not legislation, but the effort will be to amend the Constitution with the intent of restoring the balance of power to the States. Term limits for Congress, repeal the 17th Amendment, term limits for the Supreme Court, requiring a balanced budget among others. Nothing is guaranteed but this has far more weight than most endeavors...

blackadder likes this.
  15. Martini_Up

Martini_Up NW USA Well-Known Member

How are the thread title and posted article related? Am I supposed to read the article, identify a new problem facing me and implement a new plan to overcome the problem?
    :)

16. Bazooka Joe

Bazooka Joe Lower Yakima Valley Well-Known Member

I agree,but I've already seen one article accusing people who say it of oppressing freedom of the press (of course restricting the 2nd amendment doesn't merit a comment) and of being a "gun extremist" conspiracy to avoid mention of the "gun problem."

ThePhonMan likes this.
  17. ThePhonMan

ThePhonMan Spokanistan Gold Supporter Gold Supporter

If we could only get some doctors who are pro-Obamacare to come out and say this stuff...

18. freestoneangler

freestoneangler wa Well-Known Member

Much like Barry-Care, why more people don't take offense with the fact that they (politicians) exclude themselves from the very policies they say are good for us stupefies me.

I really do like your proposal however... how appropriate it is.