JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
'Gun violence' rhetoric increases; UCC killer committed suicide

Saturday's Seattle Times included an editorial about preventing so-called "gun violence," touting a proposed "pilot prevention project" that reportedly will include assistance for gunshot wound survivors, while some 300 miles away in Roseburg, Oregon, a press conference revealed that the Umpqua Community College shooter committed suicide.

<broken link removed>

My 3-fold plan is to the best of my ability;

Avoid the so-called gun-free zones, boycott businesses who support liberal politicians (democrats), and never let my guard down except when sleeping.

Conduct myself accordingly in this politically-balkanized society.

Support my local sherrif and first responders, be self sufficient and be prepared as much as possible, support O.F.F., support conservative businesses an politicians.

My 3-fold plan is to the best of my ability;

Avoid the so-called gun-free zones, boycott businesses who support liberal politicians (democrats), and never let my guard down except when sleeping.

Conduct myself accordingly in this politically-balkanized society.

Support my local sherrif and first responders, be self sufficient and be prepared as much as possible, support O.F.F., support conservative businesses an politicians.

The only thing I would add to that is:

1) I am disinclined to buy more firearms in a state where private transactions require the government getting involved.

2) I am considering how, once I retire, to be a resident of another state, while still keeping my property here in Oregon, and what state would be the best for my purposes. My parents did it for about a decade to avoid income tax.

The best defense is a good offence. If mass shooters (cowards) don't know who or how many people could possibly be armed at the site they want to commit their evil acts it then becomes much harder for them to proceed because truthfully they are really cowards and so hopefully they just shoot themselves alone in their bedroom at their moms apartment saving all of us the horror of their supposed evil intentions, however if they do decide to proceed with their evil plans and say four of five of us just F--KING kill them, then again, a very simple solution. What's the problem ?

The most effective, short term, would be to harden our defenses. Access to schools via metal detectors and armed guards. Similar to court houses, airports, federal buildings ...

Other than that, support Elizabeth's bill 1433 ...

I have a plan:D we take the 2+ billion a year spent to protect our politicions and spend it protecting our schools. Of course it would make the politicions live "gun free" lives but that is what they want our schools to do.

Interesting blog from 2013

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2013/01/09/1177623/-OK-why-not-imbed-RFID-chips-in-ALL-guns

Not sure I would want private businesses to put up gun free zones, but for those areas that are statutory gun free zones, this might work better than just putting up a sign. Also you would not want the general public to run around with readers and detect your EDC - so the info would have to be encrypted.

They also make detection systems now that identify guns and bombs by shape and other information without contact.

http://brijot.com/

Maybe we can convince the NSA to use the spying capabilities to detect pre-incident indicators (PINS). Many of the mass shooters communicate about their grandiose plans ahead of time, mostly via social media and message boards.

Overall, I am of the opinion we should get rid of all gun legislation and concentrate on the human element. After all it's not "gun violence" but rather "brain violence".

Pretty simple plan really; IGNORE THE SIGN. :cool:

There is no policy or plan that is going to have the immediacy of effectiveness that my STITF plan (Shoot Them In The Face) is going to have in dealing with incidents like this that might happen around me.

The STITF plan is 100 percent effective in stopping an outbreak of evil anywhere in my immediate vicinity. It does not require anything more complicated than that.

Does the sheepdog care what the sheep think of him?

Last Edited:
I had an interesting chat with a psychiatrist acquaintance. His solution: Stop sensationalizing each event!!!

He cited a concerted effort in the late 80's and early 90's by medical professionals when the media was sensationalizing teen suicides. The medical folks did a full-court press to try to stop the wall-to-wall coverage of every suicide, the background stories, the non-stop "this is an epidemic" tone of every incident, etc. He claims the result (once the media finally agreed) was a dramatic decrease in "teen suicide clusters" that tended to coincide with the media coverage ebb and flow.

Sound like a solid plan. If the media, the White House and the various Bloomin-idiot groups really do care… stop making each event a media and fundraising circus that just begets more of the same result.

Sounds like it's long past time we started using the "it's for the children" guilt trip on the anti's.

The left won't follow the laws so why look to change them?

Not legislation, but the effort will be to amend the Constitution with the intent of restoring the balance of power to the States. Term limits for Congress, repeal the 17th Amendment, term limits for the Supreme Court, requiring a balanced budget among others. Nothing is guaranteed but this has far more weight than most endeavors...

How are the thread title and posted article related? Am I supposed to read the article, identify a new problem facing me and implement a new plan to overcome the problem?
:)

I had an interesting chat with a psychiatrist acquaintance. His solution: Stop sensationalizing each event!!!

I agree,but I've already seen one article accusing people who say it of oppressing freedom of the press (of course restricting the 2nd amendment doesn't merit a comment) and of being a "gun extremist" conspiracy to avoid mention of the "gun problem."

I have a plan:D we take the 2+ billion a year spent to protect our politicions and spend it protecting our schools. Of course it would make the politicions live "gun free" lives but that is what they want our schools to do.
Much like Barry-Care, why more people don't take offense with the fact that they (politicians) exclude themselves from the very policies they say are good for us stupefies me.

I really do like your proposal however... how appropriate it is.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top