JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I've had family and friends evacuated from their homes on multiple occasions due to wildfire. There are occasions when people are forced to leave. Has nothing to do with "the walking dead". I stopped watching that show when I realized that zombie movies can really only end in one way.

That would make sense. This year's fire season will no doubt be extremely dangerous.

I can see a fire station from the driveway of my home, so I don't worry about fire much myself.

Although I suppose that it could happen to anyone.

UPDATE:

My CQB-16 in a Blackfeather "RS". It's sub MOA accurate and weighs less than 10 lbs.

Same CQB-16 rifle, but now in a Tiger Birch E2 stock.

11167957_1108842702466250_5482711206506014483_n.jpg

My Crazy Horse M21 A5 will end up in the Blackfeather "RS".

My 30-06 it is better against body armor that most carry, including our military, will take down anything in America. I have personally kill black bears, elk, deer, and even one cougar. I had this rifle for 40 years and it was my dad's before me it is one of the most reliable guns out there. I have taken game from 25 to 800 yards. The scope I use is Leopold VX-2 3-9x40mm best 300 dollar scope out there

Type III
(Rifles)

Conditioned armor protects against 9.6 g (148 gr) 7.62×51mm NATO M80 ball bullets at a velocity of 847 m/s ± 9.1 m/s (2780 ft/s ± 30 ft/s). It also provides protection against the threats mentioned in [Types I, IIA, II, and IIIA].

Type IV
(Armor Piercing Rifle)

Conditioned armor protects against 10.8 g (166 gr) .30-06 Springfield M2 armor-piercing (AP) bullets at a velocity of 878 m/s ± 9.1 m/s (2880 ft/s ± 30 ft/s). It also provides at least single hit protection against the threats mentioned in [Types I, IIA, II, IIIA, and III].

I must say jjackffrost, possibly the best all around cartridge ever designed was and is the venerable old (1903) 30-06. Many have done what they can to emulate what this cartridge is and does, few have come close.
Sure there are others that fly faster and hit harder, but at what cost?
And please, don't even get me started on the flash in the pan short magnum stuff, expensive waist of time as far as I'm concerned.

I'd almost go as far to say that if a vote were taken to eliminate all but five hunting cartridges in North America, the dirty ot 6 would rank in the top three left standing.
Of course this is only the opinion of someone that's been reloading and hunting with many different caliber rifles and hunting for more decades than half the population of the worlds been alive so what the heck do I know?
As I said earlier in this thread, my old model 70 in 06 is my choice, but that's just my choice, thank God for different opinions or there would be a lot less ammo and rifle manufacturers out there.

My 30-06 it is better against body armor that most carry, including our military, will take down anything in America. I have personally kill black bears, elk, deer, and even one cougar. I had this rifle for 40 years and it was my dad's before me it is one of the most reliable guns out there. I have taken game from 25 to 800 yards. The scope I use is Leopold VX-2 3-9x40mm best 300 dollar scope out there

Type III
(Rifles)

Conditioned armor protects against 9.6 g (148 gr) 7.62×51mm NATO M80 ball bullets at a velocity of 847 m/s ± 9.1 m/s (2780 ft/s ± 30 ft/s). It also provides protection against the threats mentioned in [Types I, IIA, II, and IIIA].

Type IV
(Armor Piercing Rifle)

Conditioned armor protects against 10.8 g (166 gr) .30-06 Springfield M2 armor-piercing (AP) bullets at a velocity of 878 m/s ± 9.1 m/s (2880 ft/s ± 30 ft/s). It also provides at least single hit protection against the threats mentioned in [Types I, IIA, II, IIIA, and III].
That's penetration protection correct?
I wouldn't want to be hit with a '06 below 200 yards,well any distance,but I would bet under 200 yards it's till very damaging to the body

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top