JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
topped off with a Sherlock Holmes style front and rear billed hat!

That is called a "Deerstalker." It's amusing that your relative is REQUIRED to wear one. Who thinks this stuff up? Somebody in admin didn't have enough to do one day.

I would feel fairly self concious wearing Plus Fours, they are kinda dated and goofy looking. So-called because they fold under four inches below the knee.

That is called a "Deerstalker." It's amusing that your relative is REQUIRED to wear one. Who thinks this stuff up? Somebody in admin didn't have enough to do one day.

I would feel fairly self concious wearing Plus Fours, they are kinda dated and goofy looking. So-called because they fold under four inches below the knee.
Yes! A Deer Stalker! I've been trying to think of the name of that hat. Thank you. I have other relatives that live all over Western Europe and they collectively believe that if they had firearms their nations wouldn't suck as bad as they do.

Besides firearms my other passion has been electric guitars. I am also a now retired from public performances Blues Player. Don't know now exactly how I did it back then. Work all day run home and load up a truck full of amps, sound equipment and etc to be ready to start a gig at 9pm and play until 1-2am. Drive home, unload same and go back to work the next day :confused:. I also remember long weekends in the studio recording new stuff.
I collected guitars in the same manner I now acquire firearms. What ever I purchased then as now must speak to me in some way. Its gotta have a story to tell ... antique, amazing sound, its just purdy! Always with a new guitar, like a firearm, I gotta take 'em home and tinker with them to my satisfaction. Guitars- new strings, different pickups, cool doo-dads. Firearms it is new springs, different mags, and accessories. I like enjoying my toys afterwards. Yeah, just like my guitars, the firearms I have kept may not always get played each week but they are there for the right situation. LOL I still have one guitar that I only played in "rough" clubs in case the night provided some unanticipated action. Gots some pistols for that same thing now. For those who know stringed toys my choice in guitars has been Gibson/Fender/PRS of different stripes. My firearms choices are similarly known brand names in the firearms world. I would never use a tack hammer to drive a spike. Each of my tools, musical or bang bang, has a generally specific purpose. Now as an official old geezer, I have only kept toys over the years that I like and enjoy. Others have been let go in the exuberance of youth. :s0114: I would, however, really like to have that 8mm Mauser back again along with my very first 1911. Am I done collecting? I hope not. Guitars are fine! No mas. Always looking, however, for the next great firearm deal - still. Never, ever sell a firearm at this point in my life!

At one point in time inherited several rifles in calibers I had no interest in stocking or shooting. They were fine rifles, would have easily served a role if someone had a use for them, but compared to more modern offerings - they were unwanted.

Yup, I think like most as we grow older we tend to what to de clutter or streamline out lives,I have gone from a one time high of about 70 rifle/shotguns, down to my all time low of just 3 rifles now, and im selling those 3 so I can settle on a new 7MM Rem Mag I just bought. I rifle to fit all my needs, it might be a bit much on smaller whitetails, but its awesome for elk/moose long range mules.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews