JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Finding out the age of some members that I've come to greatly respect, and hearing how much younger than me they are....I'm impressed. I thought a person had to be much older to have that kind of wisdom and knowledge.

Sounds a lot like baby boomer slang.

You're a "Millennial" then, aren't you? ;) Or is it "Hipster"? Some sources say you could be both!

Finding out the age of some members that I've come to greatly respect, and hearing how much younger than me they are....I'm impressed. I thought a person had to be much older to have that kind of wisdom and knowledge.

You're a "Millennial" then, aren't you? ;) Or is it "Hipster"? Some sources say you could be both!
They say I am.

I self identify as Gen X. The generation that sits back and watches as the world burns!

True Story - I was 61 at the time with a new Doctor for my regular checkup. After introductions, the first words out of his mouth were "So, how's your erections"? I mumbled something about quality & quantity not being what they once were.....Yep, feelin' old.

The time when I realized retirment is not a dream anymore and I have to do something serious about it as soon as possible. After long years of working I decided to buy villa with a nice pool and not far from the beach, I guess I've earned it. Considering prices I think to buy villas in Greece are the best deal right now. First I'd love to hear your suggestions though.

Last Edited:
Does realizing that your kids are older than most of the guys on the floor count?
Speaking of which, pretty amazing how many of them still live with mom and dad.
So far all of mine have been out before 20.
My youngest has Autism and will be in the house for a while, but that's to be expected.

Went down to the family cabin last summer and slept in one of the bedrooms that had a very old and worn out mattress. It was way too soft and I woke up to find a hip had partially slipped out of socket.

Incredible pain and couldn't hardly get out of bed. Took a good hour of rubbing muscles and moving slowly to get mobile again.

Then started dating a 40yr old woman a couple of months ago. Women hit their sexual peak at around 40, while me, at age 50, was headed the opposite way... Pretty dang depressing.

True. Ben Rich once mentioned a promising young engineer he worked with at the Skunk Works, total healthnut, daily jogger... dropped dead while out on his morning jog at the age of 28.

Absolutely, one of my Marines, a regular Gym Rat, worked out daily. Non-smoker, Non-drinker was out running one day and fell over from an acute heart attack, 23 yrs old...

Lol when I tell my nephew don't do that.
What's wrong with you.
Are you stupid or something.

Mmmmmm .
Then I realized I did the same stupid thing at his age .
Dammm I'm old

My most recent "Damm, I'm getting old" moment was when Burt Reynolds died last year. I made the mistake of lamenting his passing to one of the millennial generation I work with and the response was "Who?"

On the flip side, the easy on the eyes nurse at the doctors office was flirting with me last time I was in there. Probably just figured I was too old and harmless, but it boosted my ego for a few minutes :p

It happened! My first clue!

Had the mufflers replaced on my truck a while back. They have a great sound when idling or normal driving conditions, but when you really lean into it they turn into a set of glasspacks, like my truck thinks it's a racecar.... Too damn loud.

Oh, well.:confused:

1. When they started playing Nirvana on the classic rock stations.
2. When one of my employees told me he's never seen an episode of Seinfeld (he's 22).
3. When my eye doctor told me I would probably need bifocals in a couple years.

my getting old moment was when i was at nancys burgers in keizer not realizing it was during the HS lunch hour. over hearing some of the mindless conversations some of these kids were having made me feel old...and im not THAT much physically older than them. im only 30

I work with a bunch of 20-somethings that do nothing but play video games, obsess over computers, and hit the bars.

They were giving me a hard time about not knowing how to use Excel and I asked them how they learned it. They replied they had classes in high school on Excel and Word processing.

I had typing, and auto shop...

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR