JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Whats your I am getting old moment ?

Here is mine so I go for my annual physical, nurse comes in. Same nurse that been thee awhile. She is easy on the eyes. And she asked how everything was going while we talked about medical stuffs.

I said, well busy, today especially as we have our granddaughter over this afternoon.
The nurse says oh yes its so precious they grow up so fast. I said they sure do.
She said it seems like yesterday my baby was born, now she is four. ( oh hell)
I didn't think I was that much older then her, maybe something guys do?

Good news, Doc says I am in great health and no issues. So another clean bill of health.
Non the less I am getting old LOL.

Last Edited:
I was in for a rotator cuff tear a couple years ago and the doc said 'well, guys your age.....'. That was the 1st time my age was ever mentioned in a medical setting.

I would say it was more of a getting older moment than an actual getting old moment. But yeah, I felt it.

Every time I head out the front door to go to town I need to go through my personal check list. Shiet. Check. Shower. Check. Shave. Check. Deodorant. Check. Clean socks. Check. Clean Shorts. Tee shirt. Check. Levis pants. Check. Sweatshirt. Check. Check.

Belt. Wallet. Money. Small flash light. Nitro pills. Noon pills. Handkerchief. XD .45 5" T pistol. Five mags. (Zombies) Cell. Pocket calculator. SUV keys. Teeth brushed. Over jacket if needed. Long Johns if needed. A written town chores to-do list. Ink pen. Wow!

If I break routine getting ready I am lost. Must start all over again. This does not include special stuff like records for taxes. Or book bags and returned books for the library or grocery shopping. Getting old enough at 70+. :) Ohh ... forget my reading glasses!!

I was at the eye-doctor for a "normal" check up (every other year at this point).

He has me read the eye chart and I stumble a little. He then puts some drops of vinegar in my eyes, has me put my chin in that contraption that shines a few sun rays into my eyes, and he says "keep your eyes open - don't blink." Yeah right!

After all is said and done he turns to me and says, "I have good news and bad news. What would you like first?"

I usually take the bad news first as the good news will put me in a "good mood" for the drive home.

He says, "the bad news is you have TMB."

"TMB? WHAT THE H_LL IS THAT?!?!"

"Before I explain what TMB is, the good news is that it is common with people your age and you have nothing to worry about."

"Whew. Now, what the h_ll is TMB?!?!?!"

He looked right at me and says "Too Many Birthdays". He said my eyes were normal for someone my age.

Needless to say, I don't have 20/20 anymore...... :oops:

L3,4,5 Bulging discs. The Army makes you wear heavy stuff a load when bullets could come at you. 2 Years of IBA + ACH and Ruck makes my back hate me....all at the tender age of 34.

That was 10 years ago

L3,4,5 Bulging discs. The Army makes you wear heavy stuff a load when bullets could come at you. 2 Years of IBA + ACH and Ruck makes my back hate me....all at the tender age of 34.

That was 10 years ago

Your service is greatly appreciated.
34, sheeet, I have boots older then that.
Sorry about the pain in getting older, but I also say getting older is much better then the alternative.

Running my Husqvarna 460 chainsaw for very long. I love my 440 it's got a 16" blade and is a heck of a lot lighter to work with
The 460 will handle most of the bigger logs.

Several years ago, way too early driving in the dark to a conference call with three companies about to point fingers at each other and I get pulled over.

I look at the cop making my morning oh-so-much-more-special and what comes to mind but "I've been driving longer than you've been breathing".

That. That was the glorious moment.

I was thinking of another one in 2017 my Granddaughter was born, it reminded me my son had grown into a father
and husband. I did not feel, old but was a proud moment that I appreciated being old enough to have a grandchild.
I think having one makes me younger, wish I had half her energy. Wish I was a little younger cause when she is 20, I wont be 56 LOL.

Today, for one of many being old moments. Wifey and I go into the humane Society to look at cats from time to time. Went in today and they have several cats, fine youngish cats, with a sign on the cage. The sign reads "I'm free to anyone over 60. As part of our pets for the elderly program." :(

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews