JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
A few years ago at a Veterans Day assembly at the high school I taught at...
I was asked if I was in a war..when I answered that I that had four combat tours and named them...
Two of them being Operation Just Cause ( Invasion of Panama ) and Operation Gothic Serpent ( Battle of Mogadishu ) ...
I was told :
"Oh yeah , I got a video game about them..." :eek:
Andy

I laughed out loud chit that was funny Andy.

When SNL takes a break from their hatchet job politics they can actually produce some funny chit!

Another good laugh at that video.

I'm still pretty young just 56:p, some of you are looking at that like it was 30 am I right?

I do know like others have said, I am usually turning off the light at the same time I used to be heading out the door for the evening.

When I go to work and have to deal with millennials.
I just had a guy fired today. He was a month in, if that.

And I work in a department where NO one gets fired. I've had guys literally not do ish for a year and still not get fired.
No show days at a time for being in jail, pass.
Cost the company $90k burning down a garbage truck, swept under the rug.

And this anus made it a month. Different times we live in.

Every time I talk to the millennials.

Also when I forget my birthday, or my co-workers names. Crap at least I can still remember family members names.

Thank goodness for small victories.

Old? What's that?
I've been bald on top for ages, so that wasn't it. I've always worn glasses.
I still ride dirt bikes and race cars. I have been older than my doctor for 15 years or so (last time I got a new Dr).
I am the baby in my family and at 56 I'm the youngest person at work.
The only one to call me old (and he calls me fat, too!) is my 9 yr old grandson, but I'm still faster on my feet than he is, and he's a big, strong kid.

I guess when I hit that "Oh, no" moment, I'll let you guys know. :D

My old moment was a few years back when I also discovered my true superpower. Invisibility.

I went to the Kuiu Show at Clackamas Town Center (semi-trailer with products) waited patiently in a long line (to spend money no less) and watched as the sales folks greeted the millennial ahead of me and those behind me ignoring me completely. As I browsed things no one spoke to me or even approached me. Now I'm reasonably fit for my age and can wear Kuiu products. I'm sure I had showered, too. I guess I do not "fit" their customer ideal. Oh well.

Last Edited:
My old moment was a few years back when I also discovered my true superpower. Invisibility.

I went to the Kuiu Show at Clackamas Town Center (semi-trailer with products) waited patiently in a long line (to spend money no less) and watched as the sales folks greeted the millennial ahead of me and those behind me ignoring me completely. As I browsed things no one spoke to me or even approached me. Now I'm reasonably fit for my age and can wear Kuiu products. I'm sure I had showered, too. I guess I do not "fit" their customer ideal. Oh well.

That could be a blessing too I'd think?

By years ago, you actually meant decades right?

:p

Your's is coming Reno.......But here's the thing. Hopefully it comes on gradually. Ya' get a few aches when you start up with that heavier work in the spring, or some such different from your regular routine. You work it out and you're good to go. And that's how it is for a good few years. As things progress it doesn't work out as well. Then you end up with the aches/pains every morning. The good part about all this? Eventually you don't remember what it was like to be ache/pain free!

I'm still pretty young just 56:p, some of you are looking at that like it was 30 am I right?

I do know like others have said, I am usually turning off the light at the same time I used to be heading out the door for the evening.

You go boy!!! For me it was 55 when things started to go sideways. I'm 63 now and can't even picture what jumping out of bed without pain was like!

I have never had a "getting old moment"
( A getting old moment would be interpreted by the government as a mental illness, you would be put on the "cannot own guns" list. )

Whats your I am getting old moment ?

Here is mine so I go for my annual physical, nurse comes in. Same nurse that been thee awhile. She is easy on the eyes. And she asked how everything was going while we talked about medical stuffs.

I said, well busy, today especially as we have our granddaughter over this afternoon.
The nurse says oh yes its so precious they grow up so fast. I said they sure do.
She said it seems like yesterday my baby was born, now she is four. ( oh hell)
I didn't think I was that much older then her, maybe something guys do?

Good news, Doc says I am in great health and no issues. So another clean bill of health.
Non the less I am getting old LOL.

I forgot already

I'm not saying I'm not jealous of your youth.
But There is little doubt in my mind that even haven just celebrated my 51st B-day.

I can still flip you like an omelet! :s0114:

Now brother @Medic! , I am sure you are real fond of @Reno911 , but you might want to look up the slang for
Flippen the Omelet.... just saying .:s0140::s0140::s0140:

In case, you are not sure...I maybe I can help you out, ........

When having whoopee , flippin' the omelet describes the act of moving behind a woman in order to pursue (takin' the toast).

Two things.
First my comment was in jest. I could not defend myself against anybody at this point.

And secondly.
I have no concept of what is, or is not, modern slang.

So I guess this is just another ''I am getting old moment'' :s0114:

Two things.
First my comment was in jest. I could not defend myself against anybody at this point.
And secondly.
I have no concept of what is, or is not, modern slang.
So I guess this is just another ''I am getting old moment'' :s0114:

Well, I thought maybe Reno, might know and think..........WTH. lol
I only knew cause it was on some TV thing I saw flippin channels and I went what ???
I'm 56, no idea what that meant until I heard it like a year or so ago.. But it gave me a chuckle.

Well, I thought maybe Reno, might know and think..........WTH. lol
I only knew cause it was on some TV thing I saw flippin channels and I went what ???
I'm 56, no idea what that meant until I heard it like a year or so ago.. But it gave me a chuckle.
Sounds a lot like baby boomer slang.

We say Netflix and chill these days.

Upcoming Events

Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top