JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
When I tell these stories to younger employees and they stare with ah & wonder:

As kids we'd ride in the back of a pickup truck at highway speed w/o fear of being taken into custody by CPS.

As kids we'd drink from a garden hose and didn't think we'd die from cancer.

I work for a company where almost all of us are independent contractors and the types of projects we're involved in vary greatly. 90% of my coworkers are retired from the auto industry in one capacity or another and ages range from late 50s to mid 70s. To my knowledge I'm the youngest employee by 15 years or so.
We've been working on one project for about a year that requires teams of us to spend a week working in some small (s#ithole) countries throughout the Caribbean and central America once or twice a month.
On the first trip I was giving them a hard time about all simultaneously making the old man groan when we'd get up from the table after a meal. By the end of day 3 I was doing it too.

either 'getting old' or 'not ready for prime time' moment:

recent new pistol practice on falling plates @ 50' was notably less than stellar......did some bench rest with same ammo/grip/target/everything with 2 different 9mm for amazing discovery: one target is plain OEM sights and the other is a co-witness red dot set up....

so it looks like my inner geezer expresses itself more fully without a red dot:

upload_2019-2-16_6-23-57.jpeg

Upcoming Events

Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top