JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
GERMAN SHEPHERD DOG WITH REMINGTON 1100 12GA W/+4 EXTENDER FOR BACK

DSCN0862.JPG DSCN0996.JPG

Well, first off I have invested in 3 feral cats, that don't do much except for scatter when someone they don't know (anyone other than me) comes around. However, once inside, a Mossy Mariner, Mauser M2, Sig 239 (357sig), Taurus 605 round out the available collection. However, I also have several bats, frying pans, the odd/old tool on the wall that could be utilized in a must need situation.

S&W/CHP 4006 - all stainless carrying 11 & 1 SIG defense .40. Got a good little laser sighted for 7 yards. Of course I have a nice 240 lumen Surefire flashlight right next to it.

Depends which side of the bed I rolled over to. Left side is a KSG 12ga S/G with #4 buck mini shells. Right side is a Mossberg Shockwave with a 14" barrel with #4 buck minishells. When traveling S&W Shield in .45.

If I were to switch to a carbine, and I have been considering it, I would prefer a .223 carrying a high velocity, thin jacket, round like the Nosler Varmageddon. I'm not suggesting that I can spray away without a care about my neighbors safety, but it will help. I was drilled in "Quick Kill" in the Army, I'm still good at it!
If I must retire my shotgun it will be because of the 3" buckshot loads recoil, due to my health problems, in fact I don't much want to shoot even light loads in a 12ga anymore! ;)

Last Edited:
I wish I had a shot lock but I'm not even sure it will accept a side saddle, and I would fill my 870 with #4 buckshot (good call imo for y'all in the city or suburbs.

What I have now is a 1911 I have no sentamental attachment too and runs 100% reliably. 3 full mags and a 3D Mag light next to the safe. I figure I'm a good shot and in a low risk area so I'm comfortable.

When I finally get an AR in 9mm I'll probably use it - that's a ways down the road though.

Fns9L (5inch bbl)
Mossberg 590 shockwave
7.5 inch ar pistol all handy. If i need to get out of bed, ar10.

Edit- forgot the 65 lbs pit bull and 85 lbs lab/shepherd at my bedside too.

Last Edited:
As Will_White said, control and capacity. Much easier to shoot multiple rounds fast and accurately. Some would say go to a .223 carbine or AR pistol but my concern is muzzle blast from a 10.5 inch barrel. My 9mm AR pistol is extremely easy to shoot fast and accurate and I have it on a single point sling so I can drop it to my side if I have to use my hands. A pistol is good for exploring or clearing areas but if you know you are going to get into a fight, take a rifle or shotgun. The 9mm AR pistol is sort of a compromise. If the miscreant gave me the time, I could change the upper and take out the mag well adapter to make this. :)

AR pistol.jpg

One day, I heard someone in the house and knew it wasn't the cat. Too early for the wife to be home and I was in the main bedroom with the gun safe. My problem was what to use? I used to joke about that but it actually happened so I grabbed a Beretta M9 and then found out the wife came home early and she just shook her head at me. :) I hadn't discovered AR pistols yet so if had gotten serious I probably would have grabbed the classic Remington 870 with Federal reduced recoil 00 buckshot loads. Decisions, decisions. If someone is there when I'm not, I have no doubt in my mind, that person will receive a hail of 5.7 from my wife's PS90...

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top