JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
GERMAN SHEPHERD DOG WITH REMINGTON 1100 12GA W/+4 EXTENDER FOR BACK

DSCN0862.JPG DSCN0996.JPG

Well, first off I have invested in 3 feral cats, that don't do much except for scatter when someone they don't know (anyone other than me) comes around. However, once inside, a Mossy Mariner, Mauser M2, Sig 239 (357sig), Taurus 605 round out the available collection. However, I also have several bats, frying pans, the odd/old tool on the wall that could be utilized in a must need situation.

S&W/CHP 4006 - all stainless carrying 11 & 1 SIG defense .40. Got a good little laser sighted for 7 yards. Of course I have a nice 240 lumen Surefire flashlight right next to it.

Depends which side of the bed I rolled over to. Left side is a KSG 12ga S/G with #4 buck mini shells. Right side is a Mossberg Shockwave with a 14" barrel with #4 buck minishells. When traveling S&W Shield in .45.

If I were to switch to a carbine, and I have been considering it, I would prefer a .223 carrying a high velocity, thin jacket, round like the Nosler Varmageddon. I'm not suggesting that I can spray away without a care about my neighbors safety, but it will help. I was drilled in "Quick Kill" in the Army, I'm still good at it!
If I must retire my shotgun it will be because of the 3" buckshot loads recoil, due to my health problems, in fact I don't much want to shoot even light loads in a 12ga anymore! ;)

Last Edited:
I wish I had a shot lock but I'm not even sure it will accept a side saddle, and I would fill my 870 with #4 buckshot (good call imo for y'all in the city or suburbs.

What I have now is a 1911 I have no sentamental attachment too and runs 100% reliably. 3 full mags and a 3D Mag light next to the safe. I figure I'm a good shot and in a low risk area so I'm comfortable.

When I finally get an AR in 9mm I'll probably use it - that's a ways down the road though.

Fns9L (5inch bbl)
Mossberg 590 shockwave
7.5 inch ar pistol all handy. If i need to get out of bed, ar10.

Edit- forgot the 65 lbs pit bull and 85 lbs lab/shepherd at my bedside too.

Last Edited:
As Will_White said, control and capacity. Much easier to shoot multiple rounds fast and accurately. Some would say go to a .223 carbine or AR pistol but my concern is muzzle blast from a 10.5 inch barrel. My 9mm AR pistol is extremely easy to shoot fast and accurate and I have it on a single point sling so I can drop it to my side if I have to use my hands. A pistol is good for exploring or clearing areas but if you know you are going to get into a fight, take a rifle or shotgun. The 9mm AR pistol is sort of a compromise. If the miscreant gave me the time, I could change the upper and take out the mag well adapter to make this. :)

AR pistol.jpg

One day, I heard someone in the house and knew it wasn't the cat. Too early for the wife to be home and I was in the main bedroom with the gun safe. My problem was what to use? I used to joke about that but it actually happened so I grabbed a Beretta M9 and then found out the wife came home early and she just shook her head at me. :) I hadn't discovered AR pistols yet so if had gotten serious I probably would have grabbed the classic Remington 870 with Federal reduced recoil 00 buckshot loads. Decisions, decisions. If someone is there when I'm not, I have no doubt in my mind, that person will receive a hail of 5.7 from my wife's PS90...

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top