JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
As Will_White said, control and capacity. Much easier to shoot multiple rounds fast and accurately. Some would say go to a .223 carbine or AR pistol but my concern is muzzle blast from a 10.5 inch barrel.
Two words, bro: "Blast Deflector." Take a look at Indian Creek BFD, Fortis Control Shield, Thordsen BD-180 or Strike Industries Oppressor.

These are my primary go-to's, backed by vanilla Glocks and an AR pistol... I'm good to go. ;)

42817A65-CAE0-4E97-BACC-F0806FA8023C.jpeg

My HD gun is whichever one I carry that day. It goes on the night stand when I get nekkid and turn in for the night. Anyone dumb enough to break in is going to get confronted by a hairy, overweight naked guy. He may be so mezmerized or horrified just my august presence will send them fleeing. May get me that extra split second for front sight, press. Or it'll give flash bang a new meaning. :cool:

What's my HD gun?

Which one? Which room?

Taurus .380, Judge .410, Ruger SR9c, Taurus .357, Judge long gun .410, Mossberg 500 12ga, AR pistol .223

The others are in the safe.

View attachment 436479
This is my 10.5 AR pistol. I looked into those blast deflectors but they change the look of the Colt 607 replica I was going for. I might go with the Noveske KX-5 as it resembles an XM-177 moderator.
Ah, the good ol' Flaming Pig... :)

Nice build, didn't realize you were trying for a specific replication. (My own's based on an EOD Mk 18, but with some mods to fit my specific needs--it came out more like "half EOD, half FBI.")

I currently have about 10 pistols, but the one that wears the HD crown in my abode is the Glock 21 stuffed with 230-grain HSTs and wearing a TLR-1 HL weaponlight. A Surefire Fury P3X is my PRIMARY light. I am working on getting some long guns sometime soon.

image.jpeg
I realized I had about 4 different pistols in my nightstand safe for home defense.

This was in case a normal bad guy broke in.. or a bear.. or a small gang.. or a lightly armored vehicle.

I'm using a CZ SP-01 w/ a TLR-1s... I'm mainly worried about over penetration or I'd be using something in 10mm.

So what pistol is pulling home defense duty for you? Why? What's it wearing?

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top