JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
A clean Mauser Broomhandle, 9mm. Complete with wooden holster, rod, etc.
Preferably a schnellfeuer! When I was about 21-22 years old, I was browsing in a LGS, when a guy comes in with a cased Broomhandle! Wanted $150 for it. The owner saw the selector switch and told him get it out of his store! I've wanted one ever since! :D

A clean Mauser Broomhandle, 9mm. Complete with wooden holster, rod, etc.
Preferably a schnellfeuer! When I was about 21-22 years old, I was browsing in a LGS, when a guy comes in with a cased Broomhandle! Wanted $150 for it. The owner saw the selector switch and told him get it out of his store! I've wanted one ever since! :D

My Great Grandpa had one of those schnellfeuer's . We'd go shooting out int he hills around L.A. with it when I was a kid. He had confiscated it somewhere along the line when he was a LA County depute sheriff along with the hundreds of switchblades he had on his den wall and dozens of guns. When he died his cop buddies came over and cleared the place out.

I have owned many guns, including a Luger brought back by my dad. I also have owned several Colt's and Colt clones. I still have a place in my heart for the Colt SAA, I have a 4-3/4 inch Bisley, a 5-1/2 inch and a 7-1/2 inch Artillery.

I have owned many guns, including a Luger brought back by my dad. I also have owned several Colt's and Colt clones. I still have a place in my heart for the Colt SAA, I have a 4-3/4 inch Bisley, a 5-1/2 inch and a 7-1/2 inch Artillery.
You mean a 5 1/2" artillery and a 7 1/2" . Just sayin'.

The first artillery's were 7-1/2 inch, carried by Custer's men as an example, at LBH. Then they cut them off later.:)

Nah, The first US Army Colt SAA's were 7 1/2" . Custer did have those. The Ordnance dept got a bunch of the long barrel guns back in later and lopped 2" off the barrels to make them 5 1/2" and reissued them. The first units to get them were artillery units. The 5 1/2" length are now known as artillery SAA's. 7 1/2" were never known as "artillery" guns. They were "Cavalry" guns.

Its a bit different than what was done with Lugers where the long barrel guns were known as "artillery" guns even though they had nothing to do with artillery units . It was because they looked like "artillery" pieces with those long barrels. They were actually NCO issued guns attached to machine gun units who would use them with snail drums to lay down suppressive fire during machine gun belt changes.

Last Edited:
Oh man, I gotta pick ONE?

Not sure any of these still exist to be had after the drunken/looter rels got to 'em, but...
--My grandfather's duty 1911 that served him through a quarter-century defending freedom with USAAF and then USAF.
--Uncle Frank's M1 Garand and M1 Carbine that he kicked Nazi bubblegum all the way into Austria with under Patton.
Since they're lost family heirlooms, I think the more than one thing is excusable. :)

Oh man, I gotta pick ONE?

Not sure any of these still exist to be had after the drunken/looter rels got to 'em, but...
--My grandfather's duty 1911 that served him through a quarter-century defending freedom with USAAF and then USAF.
--Uncle Frank's M1 Garand and M1 Carbine that he kicked Nazi bubblegum all the way into Austria with under Patton.
Since they're lost family heirlooms, I think the more than one thing is excusable. :)

Don't you fret Diamondback.

I have them all and am taking good care of them. :D

Last Edited:
Doubtful... my grandfather's 1911 was ripped off and hocked by a now-deceased boozer uncle for cheap rotgut. At least if he was gonna disrespect our heritage like that he coulda gone for The Good Stuff, rather than some swill that makes Maker's Mark (which I have nothing against) look like Top Shelf $1000 A Bottle...

Doubtful... my grandfather's 1911 was ripped off and hocked by a now-deceased boozer uncle for cheap rotgut. At least if he was gonna disrespect our heritage like that he coulda gone for The Good Stuff, rather than some swill that makes Maker's Mark (which I have nothing against) look like Top Shelf $1000 A Bottle...

Sorry to here that. Family is complicated.

I personally don't like half the folks I love.

Last Edited:
I'd really have to say there are three(3) that i'd like to have.

1. An S&W Registered Magnum with some "History".

2. A Thompson like the one I first fired 60 years ago.:rolleyes: My Dad carried one as often as he could during his 20 years in the U.S. Army.

3. A Beretta BL-3 in 20ga.

4. After seeing a later post, I am reminded of the fact that I never got to fire any of the three BARs that I had in Phouc Vinh RVN. All the .30-06Gov't. ammo I could get went to the Marine Corp Snipers.:):):) So, I'd like one of those, too.:rolleyes:

Last Edited:
1918A2 BAR. A Colt or Winchester, Designed by Saint John.
My uncle carried one in WW 2.
BAR_3.jpg

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews