JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Oh man, I gotta pick ONE?

Not sure any of these still exist to be had after the drunken/looter rels got to 'em, but...
--My grandfather's duty 1911 that served him through a quarter-century defending freedom with USAAF and then USAF.
--Uncle Frank's M1 Garand and M1 Carbine that he kicked Nazi bubblegum all the way into Austria with under Patton.
Since they're lost family heirlooms, I think the more than one thing is excusable. :)

Boy, the US Army I was in sure want the Military those guys were in. I was practically strip searched on my way out. Anything we wanted to keep from years of military service we had to steal :) .

WWII, amigo. A different time, a different Army... and Uncle Frank may have conned the LT into declaring his rifles "war weary" or something, the guy always was very shrewd at negotiating and driving hard bargains. (I learned at an early age not to play Let's Make A Deal with him... because it usually saw me out pulling weeds in a hellishly hot-and-humid Indiana August.)

Last week it was a Dan Wesson Bruin in 10mm. This week it would be an custom rifle in 35 Whelen. Those are obtainable and it healthy to have obtainable dreams. My unhealthy dream would be an original De Lisle Carbine.

Ive got some nice guns. SAA's and such and a few automatics of various styles including Lugers. What I dont have and I'm pretty sure that I won't unless I win some lottery action ( and then its game on ) is a Minty Krieghoff Luger. The Lugers are , to my eye anyway, the most aesthetically pleasing gun ever made and the Krieghoffs are the cream of the crop. Hidden serial numbers on all the numbered parts and the super cool HK Krieghoff anchor. $20K for a real nice example.

<broken link removed>

View attachment 309667
View attachment 309666

What would you pick up if your wife would let you?

View attachment 309665

I just happen to know where one of these is located in Oregon that just might be for sale to the right buyer.

tac

MY dream gun?

ANY cartridge-firing handgun that actually LOOKS like a cartridge-firing handgun, and not the abortions that we have to have here on mainland yUK if we want to shoot one at all. :mad: x 1M

tac

I just happen to know where one of these is located in Oregon that just might be for sale to the right buyer.

tac
As of the most recent home remodel coinciding with the most recent trple tooth extraction and implant set I think Ill pass for now.;)

Picked up my "Dream Gun" a few months ago.

FNX 45 Tactical in Flat Dark Poop color. I've been in love with it sinc e it was first announced a few years ago. Had the chance to shoot one both suppressed and not. This only added fuel to the fire. I'll admit, it's almost purely a home defense pistol, for me. I've made a couple different styles of Kydex holsters (it's nice having my own Kydex bizz) for it, and it's just not a concealed carry option. But hey, I justified the purchase to the wife as a nightstand gun. So, no loss there.

Its a dream to shoot, and I don't find the double stack grip to be too big at all. The overall size is very comparable to the SIG 226, with the grip being slightly longer. I get a huge grin on my face every time I look at it.

So far, I've got a Streamlight TLR-1HL (800) on it. Hoping to be able to afford an RMR by Christmas, and a can sometime next year.

If I had to add a new firearm to the "Dream Gun" list, I'd have to say I'm torn between the Springfield TRS Operator 1911 and the FN SCAR 17.

Last Edited:
I call this my pimp gun. I just can't quite spend 1500 dollars though.

sapphire-ultra-ii_2_1.png

I just went to a LGS and handled a Glock 34 MOS. From the photos I saw I thought it looked ridiculous and, even though I like Glocks, I couldn't imagine owning it. After about 5 minutes and realizing that target acquisition was almost instant for me I now want it. Dream gun? No. But I think maybe a really fun and accurate one! And frankly, any gun I would classify as a "dream gun" needs both those qualities! ;)

Smith and Wesson 66f-comp. Its not super exotic, but cool enough and plenty useful. I almost bought one about 15 or so years ago and I've been jonesing for it ever since.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top