JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Here's the list to date: Ruger Mk III Talo feed & eject issues (later fixed by me), it was a flaw in the custom grips, restricting the magazine from seating properly. Trade it in for a CZ-Rami 9mm (awesome). Sig P-938 SAS multiple issues, 2pc guide rod coming apart, mainspring plastic nib wore down, and nite sight died in a month. Sig P290RS, magazine issues, uncomfortable in the hand. Traded in for CZ 75 D Compact PCR (awesome). S&W Bodyguard 380 w/Laser, laser malfunctions; could not be fixed. S&W bought it back from me.

It was toss up between that one of the Cobray M11, but the Ruger Mark II was number one.

Ruger Mark II? Sorry yours had problems, but if you can get past the PITA dis and reassembly, one of the best 22 semi autos Ruger ever put out 1982 - 2005. I own five MKIIs, various models, and all function reliably and are accurate.

Actually I did have a Ruger MKII I wish I'd never bought. Purchased online, GunBroker, from an out of state gun shop. When it showed up at my transferring FFL and the check through Oregon State Police was run, it came back stolen. LEO arrived and confiscated the gun. Turns out the gun shop had purchased it as an unclaimed firearm from their local PD, and that agency had never cleared the stolen status from the NCIC system. Received a quick refund and an embarrassed apology.

Last Edited:
An early Gen 4 Glock 23, jamomatic pos. Also before I knew anything about handgun ballistics. Should have went with a Glock 19. My first ever gun I bought too.

A post freedom group Rem 870 express. Didn't know any better about the QC issues. The thing is a rust magnet that is pitted on the mag tube.

I can't trust it. I've had feeding issues when it was bought new. Went to Ruger once already and I can't stomach to take it to the range.
If you don't want to get rid of it may be worth taking it to a Smith. Normally on a 1911 it's something quite simple. That is if you really know the pistols. They can be frustrating as hell if not. Since I have been a fanboy for them all my life ended up with many. Had a few that were problems until I would give up and have a pro look. Every time they fixed them and they ran smooth as silk after. There is a lot of things in the design that can cause problems but often a pro can find it real quick. Had a NIB Colt that would not work from day one. Smith looked, pulled extractor out, looked at it and mumbled something. Went to his bench came back with another. Told me try that and come back. Damn thing would not stop now. Of course it's not always that easy but damned if I could see what he saw when he looked at it.

That's weird; the Mini-14 I played with would do the job, though MOA accuracy wasn't what I was going for.

The Mini has had a VERY long reputation for making patterns instead of groups. For a long time when they were about 50% of what an AR ran many I knew tried them. 5 inch 100 yrd groups were common. That and ejecting the brass 30 feet. There were fixes for both but not cheap. Have heard Ruger came up with solutions to this but have not shot one in a long time.

There is perhaps no greater disparity between two groups of people than those who love Mini-14s and claim they are adequately accurate, and those who hate them because the one they owned/shot was horribly inaccurate.

There is a greater chance of Democrats and Republicans agreeing on a Supreme court justice. Or Jews and Muslims agreeing on Jerusalem.

I have owned two Mini-14s. The first was a blued folding stock Ranch Rifle that was wonderful and could hit plates at 500yds. That was in 1987.

The second one, pictured below, was purchased in 1991, and couldn't hit a plate at 25yds more than 50% of the time. It was horribly, tragically, unexplainably inaccurate.

Many years after the Mini hit I read an article about this. By then they had a rep for being far from good accuracy wise. Some had one that was great. Ruger they said got some back that were VERY good, had the people in the know take them down and check everything. Trying to see why a few would work so well and the rest would not. Article said they at Ruger gave up, could not find a fix. I see them advertising now days that they have but have not seen it myself to know for sure.

The Mini has had a VERY long reputation for making patterns instead of groups. For a long time when they were about 50% of what an AR ran many I knew tried them. 5 inch 100 yrd groups were common. That and ejecting the brass 30 feet. There were fixes for both but not cheap. Have heard Ruger came up with solutions to this but have not shot one in a long time.

The earlier models with the pencil barrels were known for stringing shots when the barrels heated up. I installed a part called an Accu-strut which clamps to the underside of the barrel which improved accuracy on mine. Now, Ruger has a thicker barrel on the current mini to alleviate this.

AR7 for sure, bought a couple of them before I gave up. Total crap. AMT Back up, the original S/A .380. Bought 2 of them. Damn trigger pull often made people think the safety was on. I finally sold them both. Last was my TNW ASR's. They work great, I had no idea the owner was such a dirt bag until after I had bought them. Every time I shoot them I hate to think I gave him any of my money.

Surprised nobody mentioned the KelTec PMR30. Lotsa fun to shoot (noisy and big flash) when it works, which is mostly never. But I suspect nobody mentioned the PMR 30 because nobody is dumb enough to buy one.
My Son in Law has one and it's even picki-er than the Automag II I had was. If you get the right ammo and it runs thru a whole mag, great. If not, well, this is why I don't have one...

I just hope I don't have to post on this thread about the RIA 9 mm I plan to buy!
Probably not as I am going OVERBOARD researching them online and the pluses are a considerably higher number than the negatives.

I've read some good stuff. Not a high quality handgun but good enough for the price. I really would like to have the 9mm/.22TCM model!

Nothing weird about not wanting your food touching .

Oh wow... my dad got that way in his later years. Would embarrass us at restaurant by screaming like a lil boy, "It's touching!!! IT'S TOUCHING!!!!!!".

The one that my wife found out about!!:rolleyes::eek:

A common concern!!!

Back then it was a lot of Raindogs and H bombs for me.

??? Beer, wine, joints?

After I quit driving in 3hr traffic to get to E L.A. working for AT&T, it was Brew 102 or GENERIC BEER.... BLECH!!! (And back in the day, a worker at Brew 102 went missing... they found him a month or two later inside one of the towering steel vats!!!! :eek::eek::eek::eek:)

Last Edited:
Kimber custom II hd is mine. Good for a range toy not great for everything else and 0 resale once I was over it. Paid $1250 couldn't even get $750 for it. So it lives in my safe. I should have stuck to my Springfield GI I miss that gun. With an 18lb spring it never let me down. It went everywhere with me for the better part of 10 years. One of my friends talked me out of it after I got the kimber.

So, the firearm I wish I never purchased... Most definitely the AR, they have a tendency to not only grow on you, but they're like rabbits, they just keep multiplying...

:eek:
I know what you mean. IMG_20180922_111012.jpg

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
  • Centralia, WA

New Classified Ads

Back Top