JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Hey tac I'm not sure what you mean no offense maybe I'm just reading it wrong

The apology - if it needs makement - is all mine. I was just concerned that you had fired 500 shots in your Beretta and it hadn't fallen apart yet, thinking perhaps it was something that you expected....

They generally last a bit longer than that, so I'm told.......;)

tac

I used to be a Beretta fan. I have the PX4, Nano, and CX4. When the front sight vibrated off my Nano, I emailed them & they responded that day, and they sent a replacement right out. Then I emailed them I'd switched my CX4 to left hand and changed it to accept PX4 mags, but it wasn't feeding correctly. No reply. Never has been. So eventually I'll sell off all my Beretta's and never buy one again. Not because of quality, but because of bad customer service.

My advice to you is think for yourself, and go from your experience. The only jam I've ever had with my PX4 was when I bought reloads from Lucky Gunner and they'd mixed a .357SIG with my .40. Nano has been an excellent pistol as well.

Here is my two cents worth: I have owned my 92fs for fifteen years and have had zero problems with it. Yes, it is big and heavy and hard to conceal well (maybe you know of a good IWB holster that makes it wearable. I have yet to find one). On the other hand, I have been a HK P7 guy for quite a while. My P7's can be safely carried in condition one (something I would never do with the 92fs), and they are more accurate than the 92 is, even with a one inch shorter barrel, and with less muzzle flip. Of course there is one down side (there always is): The P7 only carries half the rounds the 92 does.

However if one can't hit what one wants to hit, more than once, with eight rounds, than perhaps one should not be carrying at all (or spend enough time at the range to be an accurate shooter).

I once owned a Cheeta which was the best .380 I ever had. Great design (IMHO). If they could produce that design in a "slightly larger" 9mm I would be all over it.

Good to read everyone's comments! Fixed barrel's rule!!!

I used to carry a Browning P35 with three twenty-round magazines in my car, as well as a H&K MP5K with another six thirty-round magazines. They weren't going to find my body without using a shovel to get rid of the empties........

Any IRA goblin reaching for me at the traffic lights was going to look like he'd been hit by an A10.

tac

I used to carry a Browning P35 with three twenty-round magazines in my car, as well as a H&K MP5K with another six thirty-round magazines. They weren't going to find my body without using a shovel to get rid of the empties........

Any IRA goblin reaching for me at the traffic lights was going to look like he'd been hit by an A10.

tac
Dangerous times, amigo, and not to make light of your experience, but that is a funny mental picture. :)

I have a M96-A1 also a Ruger P94 and a Sig Nightmare. All big heavy guns and all very accurate. I'm 6'3" and 280 lbs with large hands so I like the big and heavy as long as they are well balanced and these are much better than poly framed pistols. The controls on the Beretta and Ruger are very similar so it's easy to transition between the two. Like most of my guns I've got to improve them so my M96 has Houge grips and an adjustable rear target sight.

I have a beretta PX4 compact in 40 caliber. 35000+ rounds through it and only malfunctioned when friend limp-wristed it! My experience is Beretta is super dependable/accurate but I have to admit that the 92FS I have held is difficult to operate safety/decocker from a shooting grip. My hands are just a bit too small...

There's nothing wrong with Berettas. The first handgun I ever purchased was a Beretta Elite I 92G. I promptly sent it off to Ernest Langdon...back in the day when Ernest was THE MAN and still working on Berettas...to have him work his magic on the action. Also put night sights on it, the EII hammer and extended the mag release. I love that gun. To this day it's still the best SA/DA trigger I own. I will never sell it.

There's nothing wrong with them other than maybe being too big for IWB carry. YMMV

Berettas are fine, they make fantastic guns. .40 is fine. But like I mentioned in an earlier post, some people just don't like certain brands, certain models or certain calibers, and it can be for a wide variety of reasons. That's the great thing about gun owners - you can have a really wide variety of likes and dislikes and still have a ton of different products to choose from. Shoot what you like and don't spend your days worrying about what some other person says about your personal choices.

There's a lot to love about a Beretta 92. Mine shoots well, and is an excellent suppressor host. The only real down side in my case, as with others, is the large grip. I'm missing a piece off the tip of my trigger finger. Trigger reach is fine in SA. In DA I can't reach the trigger without changing my grip to an awkward angle. Does someone make a trigger that shortens the reach?

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top