JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
2djugao.jpg

You could melt all your Glock slides down and make a bretta PuddleMonkey that is the funniest thing I've seen in a while I enjoyed it

My Beretta 92s is an ex Hartford PD pistol! It's well worn but when I got it, a fellow member was kind enough to give me the word on them! New hammer and trigger springs and it shoots good now! In my book Beretta's are fine instruments, beautifully made and finished! :D

Last Edited:
My Beretta 92s is an ex Hartford PD pistol! It's well worn but when I got it, a fellow member was kind enough to give me the word on them! A new hammer and trigger springs and it shoots good now! In my book Beretta's are fine instruments, beautifully made and finished! :D
Thanks for your input sarge much appreciated I think there great weapons to

Ok, so I have a very love-hate relationship with the Beretta model 90 pistols (inclusive of 92, 96 etc).

It's a very long list of complaints:

The gun is a very lazy design, it's essentially a copy of the german Walther design, which was never a bad design, but you put a longer slide on it, changed the location of the main-spring, congrats, thanks for nothing.

The grip is large, wide and round. In a lot of ways it reminds me of a broom handle, and honestly, the pistol has all the handling characteristics of a large tube of toothpaste, or large bottle of wood glue.

Like other pistols of it's generation, all of the controls are located on the slide. This makes it quite difficult to engage and disengage with your thumb without breaking a shooting grip on the gun.

Being a significantly older design, the bore axis is fairly high for what it is.

Lastly, did I mention it's large and bulky for a 9mm pistol?

Now for the good points:

Being a larger pistol, and having a different recoil mechanism than most browning derived designs, this typically requires a weaker mainspring that allows those with less hand strength to still operate the gun without as much trouble as you might find in say a glock 19, that has a rather stout mainspring.

The fact that it uses a secondary locking mechanism instead of a tilting barrel, makes it somewhat less problematic when you're attaching suppressors to the gun, it doesn't always require a booster to operate properly. It's no H&K P7, or straight blowback pistol, but relatively few of the M9/92's I've seen with cans needed a booster unless it was a very large can.

At least in theory, the straight line motion of the barrel should give better accuracy, however the stock sights on the series kinda let this down.

For me personally, I'm not a fan of the beretta, it just doesn't excite me, but I rather actively hate glocks (my fingers don't fit the grooves) if you like it, cool, run it. Personally, I like the FN or Sig pistols, but that's neither here nor there.

Ok, so I have a very love-hate relationship with the Beretta model 90 pistols (inclusive of 92, 96 etc).

The gun is a very lazy design, it's essentially a copy of the german Walther design, which was never a bad design, but you put a longer slide on it, changed the location of the main-spring, congrats, thanks for nothing.

The grip is large, wide and round. In a lot of ways it reminds me of a broom handle, and honestly, the pistol has all the handling characteristics of a large tube of toothpaste, or large bottle of wood glue.

Like other pistols of it's generation, all of the controls are located on the slide. This makes it quite difficult to engage and disengage with your thumb without breaking a shooting grip on the gun.

Being a significantly older design, the bore axis is fairly high for what it is.

Now for the good points:

Being a larger pistol, and having a different recoil mechanism than most browning derived designs, this typically requires a weaker mainspring that allows those with less hand strength to still operate the gun without as much trouble as you might find in say a glock 19, that has a rather stout mainspring.

The fact that it uses a secondary locking mechanism instead of a tilting barrel, makes it somewhat less problematic when you're attaching suppressors to the gun, it doesn't always require a booster to operate properly. It's no H&K P7, or straight blowback pistol, but relatively few of the M9/92's I've seen with cans needed a booster unless it was a very large can.

At least in theory, the straight line motion of the barrel should give better accuracy, however the stock sights on the series kinda let this down.

For me personally, I'm not a fan of the beretta, it just doesn't excite me, but I rather actively hate glocks (my fingers don't fit the grooves) if you like it, cool, run it. Personally, I like the FN or Sig pistols, but that's neither here nor there.
I honestly appreciate all of you're input and it is very well noted love it couldn't get any better sounds like you have experience must aprishated would you mind giving me information on my 96a1 this is exactly the content I'm looking for on this thread

Now for the good points:

"I like the FN"

Talk about poor ergonomic brick of a gun.

I honestly appreciate all of you're input and it is very well noted love it couldn't get any better sounds like you have experience must aprishated would you mind giving me information on my 96a1 this is exactly the content I'm looking for on this thread

Honestly, I can't be too specific, but I would go M9a3/92a1 before I looked at the 96. 40 cal has some serious negatives, in the 96 the biggest one is capacity... 12 rounds? That's 2 rounds less capacity than a glock 23 which is a semi-compact pistol. Plus mags are going to cost you a lot more. If you go 9mm USGI mags are $10-15 in "standard capacity". The FNX-9 is standard capacity of 17+1 (again, semi-compact), and there are now other full sized pistols out there with capacities of 19+1 or 20+1. (CZ P-09)

Over-all, if you're looking at a beretta pistol, stick with what's common, the 9/92 offers cheap mags, and most of the features you want, without the high ammo price.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top